Mega Jump - by Get Set Games - FREE (v2.0.9 - Gamecenter, New Levels)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, May 6, 2010.

1. heffdog116

heffdog116 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    South Florida
    Awesome. Thanks for the update and quick reply!

2. Burton

Burton Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Canada
    So this new highest altitude leaderboard seems kind of pointless... The height is barely lower than the score itself. o_O

3. heffdog116

Oct 21, 2009
    South Florida
    I noticed this as well. What adds to your point total besides height?? My altitude and points are >100 points off

4. Burton

Burton Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Canada
    Each coin you get adds 1 point.

5. mattcoombe

mattcoombe Active Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Game Developer
    Toronto
    Right now the height measures the number of pixels in up the screen you go. It does seem much too close to the score so we'll likely convert it into feet above the ground instead so it makes more sense and isn't so similar to the high score.

6. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    New update is very noticeable. I went from 41,000 to 115,000 on my second try.

7. Chumbake

Chumbake Well-Known Member

Tell me about it. Not 5 pages ago, I was complaining that this game is too hard and now I'm #5 in the leader boards. I went from 30,000ish to 336,130. AND IT'S AWESOME! Making this game easier made it more fun for me. There were a couple real close calls throughout the game and the challenge felt right to me.

8. Burton

Burton Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Canada
    #17 in the world with 242415... I never thought I would beat my previous record of 88,000 :p

I love this game :D

9. Burton

Burton Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Canada
    You should add leaderboards for the highest average score, and total combined score of all games. :D

10. EMTKiNG

EMTKiNG Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    EMT
    Los Angeles,CA
    I just got the game time to check it out

11. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Totally agree, it feels more like my fault when I die, rather than cheap random failure.

12. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Since the update, the game is WAY TOO easy!
    Please give us the option to toggle between this we-have-to-please-everyone-kindergarden-difficulty (I really went to rank 4 yesterday night literally sleeping and doing nothing) and the normal one from before the update. This option doesn't hurt anyone. But I really liked the game more before the update, now you just have to watch... too many coins, too many power-ups...

13. heffdog116

Oct 21, 2009
    South Florida
    I concur. I find myself getting bored because too many coins. I liked the challenge of this game before

14. nickfury

nickfury Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Founder and Creative Director at Get Set Games
    Toronto, Canada
    Thanks for the feedback - we're trying to balance it out for both new and experienced players. By stage 2, Mega Jump reaches about the same difficulty as the first version, so if you find yourself breezing through the first part, you should get into more tricky stuff quite quickly.

We'll keep working on it to find the best balance, along with a whole bunch of new features we have lined up to add to the game.

15. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

i broke 100000! nowhere near the top but i'm still extremely proud! :)

16. Burton

Burton Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Canada
    K so there's some things that I think should be added...

I think you guys should add a separate local scoreboard with your top 10 scores or something under a High Scores category on the main menu. Then, just to make it easier, also add an OpenFeint link in the corner on the page.

The reason I suggest this is because when your high score is, let's say, 250,000 and you score 210,000 it ends up being really disappointing.. :p

A second thing is a calibration button, so maybe add a circular button similar to the Mute buttons except it will bring up a small calibration window. :D

Other than that, this is my favourite game right now! :D

17. Khamous

Khamous Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    O wow, this got easy.

1st try with the update I went from my record 219k to 294k... and yes my stupidity killed me, lol.

18. articulate

articulate Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    Ok, this update is just fantastic. I'm not good at these jumping games but honestly, going from a measly 40,000 to a whopping 229,000 just made this game fun for me. Not in the top 50, but top 55 is good enough for me!

A difficulty toggle is a good idea, but now i'm honestly going to relegate doodle jump to a back page. This game is the jump king!

19. Ddyracer123

Ddyracer123 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Lol the update made this game really easy. I already got bored of the game. Honestly, all you guys got to put in is a difficulty setting. Easy, med, hard. I find doodle jump really hard compared to this game

20. derekvanvliet

derekvanvliet Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Programmer
    Toronto, Canada
    We just submitted the second update to Mega Jump to Apple. This is going to be a big one: New Characters!

Here's one of the cute little guys. He's called Foxworthy:

[​IMG]

Here's what else is new in this update:

• Added a “How to Play” screen at the beginning of the game!
    • The game now automatically launches you upwards at the beginning! No need to tap anymore!
    • Added more scores to the Game Over screen: you can now see how many coins you collected in the game and how high you soared!
    • Added a new OpenFeint leaderboard for Most Coins Collected in a single game!

You can find out more about the new characters in this blog post we just posted:

http://getsetgames.com/2010/05/16/mega-jump-update-2-submitted-to-apple-meet-the-new-characters/