Mega Jump - by Get Set Games - FREE (v2.0.9 - Gamecenter, New Levels)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, May 6, 2010.

1. nickfury

nickfury Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Founder and Creative Director at Get Set Games
    Toronto, Canada
    That's exactly the idea!

Yep - and there are plenty of stages to clear!

2. Ddyracer123

Ddyracer123 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Game Impressions

Great game. It's like doddle jump but you jump on some pretty coins instead of green platforms.

Suggestion for future update:

let us consumers be able to pause the game, quit and come back to the same game in progress. I hate when I get out of the app, and find myself starting a five min journey back to my 100,000 score

3. Burton

Burton Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Canada
    Picked it up. This is a SUPERRRR fun game :D But I got to 88,000 and it just said game over all of a sudden :(

4. headcaseGames

headcaseGames Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Mobile Game Developer
    Hollywood, CA
    Mega Jump made it onto New & Noteworthy - good job :)

5. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    Thanks so much guys! The buzz and great reviews you guys have written has really helped Mega Jump get some attention, and we hope the best is yet to come! There's one update in the pipes already, and another one in development as we speak.

Your suggestions are really helping us guide the direction of Mega Jump, and we're looking forward to hearing what you think about some of the new features we're adding!

Here's a question: if you could add a new character to Mega Jump, what would the character look like?

6. CzarCastic

CzarCastic Well-Known Member

I'd like to see a bad-ass version of the red guy. Maybe a blue variant, with a mohawk, sharp teeth and spiked bracelets.

Also, these guys need names. Does the red guy have a name? If not, you should do a contest to come up with the best name(s).

7. Khamous

Khamous Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    Got this game the other day, I must say I love it more than all those like it (never truly enjoyed doodle jump). Made it to 219k today and I'm oficcially on the top 25 :D

Seriously this game has this addictive feeling to it, I don't think it is too hard at all, there's a margin for error (unlike DJ) and once you start grabbing those stars and power-ups, there's no stopping you!

8. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Yep, agree^

I just left a positive iTunes review last night. Great game, thus far underrated:)

9. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    I think having New and Noteworthy status is going to push this game in terms of sales. Hope so.

10. Burton

Burton Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Canada
    Actually, being in the Hot New Games is what helps the most. Mega Jump is now 84th in the Top Games

11. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Are the controls tilt, touch or both?

12. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    Mega Jump uses tilt control. Do you have a preference?

13. CzarCastic

Touch to initiate your jump, then tilt to control the movement of the character in the air. You only need to touch once per attempt.

14. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I usually prefer touch but there are a couple of games where I choose tilt, I guess it depends how well the required accuracy fits with the difficulty.

15. mattcoombe

mattcoombe Active Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Game Developer
    Toronto
    Thanks for the praise guys, if you're loving the game please think about writing an iTunes review, it really helps us keep the updates and new features!

The latest update for Mega Jump has been released on iTunes and it should fix a few of the issues mentioned in this thread.

- Adjusted the difficulty to make it a little easier at the beginning of the game
    - OpenFeint achievements no longer interrupt the game
    - You can now access OpenFeint from the Game Over screen
    - Added a new OpenFeint leaderboard: Highest Altitude

These were just some quick fixes we got in. We are submitting another update this evening which has some nifty new features... Any one interested in new characters?

16. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Matt, new stuff is always welcome ;D

17. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    As stated before, my personal interest would only be if they even slightly altered game play and then you'd need to give them their own scoreboards. :p

18. CzarCastic

Update is out! I'm anxious to play the new, easier beginning section.

19. heffdog116

heffdog116 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    South Florida
    When you say achievements are no longer supposed to interrupt play.. the achievement still shows up during the game.. Did you mean that it simply doesnt stutter anymore or is it not supposed to show up?

Oo, and gameplay seems much easier earlier on. Just got high score on first go around after update

20. mattcoombe

mattcoombe Active Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Game Developer
    Toronto
    That's correct heff, you still get notifications but without the stuttering that could leave players with game over before they knew what happened.