Mega Jump - by Get Set Games - FREE (v2.0.9 - Gamecenter, New Levels)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, May 6, 2010.

1. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK

Same here with the score mate, I think I got very similar to yours. I only played it for a short while, but it is a difficult game.
    Brilliant no doubt though.

2. Chumbake

Chumbake Well-Known Member

Castic, you and I are about the same. I want my games to last longer.

3. mattcoombe

mattcoombe Active Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Game Developer
    Toronto
    Really great feedback so far guys, it's much appreciated. It really helps us to know what experiences you're having in Mega Jump so we can keep improving it.

Just wanted to update you guys and let you know that we're working on some ways to ease up the difficulty at the beginning and ramp up the challenge level more gradually as you progress through the game.

This should give more casual players a good experience for longer games and still provide more hardcore players an intense experience as they progress through the stages.

We'll be sending an update to Apple in the next few days!

Stay tuned :)

4. Chumbake

Chumbake Well-Known Member

Great to hear. This game is going up in the charts. I can feel it. Keep up the great work.

5. nickfury

nickfury Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Founder and Creative Director at Get Set Games
    Toronto, Canada
    Get to Know the Mega Jump Powerups!

Here's our handy guide to the Mega Jump powerups, which we just posted on our site:

"Get To Know The Powerups In Mega Jump"

Look for more powerups and features soon, and if you like Mega Jump, please post a review on the app store!

Keep jumping!

6. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Handy but can you answer my biggest question, Nickfury, unless an earlier poster's guess was right about a giving the player a tiny boost, what is the significance of gaining 100 coins?

7. CzarCastic

CzarCastic Well-Known Member

I can confirm that at 1oo coins you get a slight boost, similar to the weaker stars. I know this because I hit a point where I missed the coins and started to fall back down, but ended up hitting one of those areas where the entire span of the map was covered in a layer of coins. I managed to get to 100 coins and ended up boosting myself back on track.

8. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Well okay then. :)

9. Eraser74

Eraser74 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Hamburg
    Left a five star review on the german appstore, even though the game is pretty hard for a casual game.

But I just like the character...those wallpapers are fantastic! :D

Keep up the good work!

10. derekvanvliet

derekvanvliet Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Programmer
    Toronto, Canada
    We just submitted an update to Mega Jump based on the awesome feedback we got from you guys. Here's what will be coming in this update:

- Adjusted the difficulty to make it a little easier at the beginning of the game
    - OpenFeint achievements no longer interrupt the game
    - You can now access OpenFeint from the Game Over screen
    - Added a new OpenFeint leaderboard: Highest Altitude
    - Updated the icon for maximum good-lookingness

Thanks again for all the feedback and please keep it coming!

11. CzarCastic

Cool!

One question...is there a current height indicator? I don't remember seeing anything other than a score.

12. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Congrats on your first update, sounds like it's going to make a good difference!

13. derekvanvliet

derekvanvliet Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Programmer
    Toronto, Canada
    There is no height indicator in the game currently. We're still considering how/if we should add something that displays that. What do you think?

14. CzarCastic

Well, you added a leaderboard for it, so you're kinda commited now, right? lol

What about adding a scrolling height indicator that flies by every 1,000 ft (or inches, or miles, or whatever unit of measure is appropriate). Then you don't need to change the display to make it fit.

15. Piasintein

Piasintein Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
    I'm here just to say I like Mega Jump very very much! :D

16. RobSegal

RobSegal Active Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    Toronto
    Thanks Piasintein. Glad to hear your enjoying it. We've got an exciting lineup of new features planned so stay tuned.

17. -Saturos-

-Saturos- Member

May 9, 2010
    #77 -Saturos-, May 12, 2010
    Last edited: May 12, 2010
    I also like the game very much.. Sometimes its a bit annoying that the enemys are sooo close over the coins because if your unlucky you CANT get away from them. For example the ufos in doodle jump are hard to avoid but you can hear them easily before you see them and prepare to jump to the side, so maybe add more enemys and make it easyer to hear them. Just finished stage 3 :D I want to reach spaaaace

EDIT: Yay 566k reached :D This game is too addicting and btw i dont think the game needs a high indicator because you only get 1 point per coin ( as far as i noticed) so its not very much.. I exactly know if i reach 40k points the top of the tree will show up :D

18. nickfury

nickfury Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Founder and Creative Director at Get Set Games
    Toronto, Canada
    Wow, nice work! We're making the first stage a bit easier and with fewer enemies, for people who are new to the game, and that should make it feel a bit more "fair" at the beginning, so strap on your helmet Saturos, because you may be closer than you think!

In other news, we're hard at work on some very cool new additions to the game, so look out for more about that soon!

19. -Saturos-

-Saturos- Member

May 9, 2010
    Ah nice work if you make the beginning easyer but you should also make the game more difficult the higher you get. At the moment i have the feeling that the diffiult in all stages is the same :) So for example add a new enemy each stage. Anyway great work so far.

20. articulate

articulate Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    I keep reading people talk about stages. What stages? Granted, I'm not that far into the game. Only been playing it for over 4 hours, but stages like after a certain point mark you "clear" a stage?