Mega Jump - by Get Set Games - FREE (v2.0.9 - Gamecenter, New Levels)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, May 6, 2010.

1. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    New update is live and there's a whole new world to play. Woooo!

2. barryweiser

barryweiser Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    What every happened to Mega Run?! I remember hearing that it was close, but now it seems that it has been forgotten.

We still want it!

3. nickfury

nickfury Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Founder and Creative Director at Get Set Games
    Toronto, Canada
    '

[​IMG]

Yup! Mega Jump Update 15 is now available on iTunes and it's our biggest update so far. You can read more about it on our blog. I'd love to hear what you guys think about the new update and especially Magica, the new world we've added, which basically doubles the content of the game.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mega Run is very much in development, and it's coming along nicely! We'll be posting news about it in the next few weeks. New updates will appear on our blog and on the Mega Run Facebook page.

4. boospengi

boospengi Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Unlocking Magica

I think finishing the hard prima should unlock Magica,. I think you can reach it by passing galactic core, but i'm not sure if it was just another prima stage. Either way though, i didn't permanently unlock it, which sucks because i don't want to blow 2500 MP on it :( .

5. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    i hate haviing to spend 2500 to get magica

6. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    After some discussion, which included the idea of have Magica unlock after Stage 20 of Prima - that anyone who could complete all 20 stages in Prima would probably have already banked a lot more than 2500MP anyway, and setting it at 2500MP would give players something really worthwhile to play for considering it doubles the number of stages in the game. :)

Considering we wanted to give Magica an MP value that was reflective of the amount of gameplay the new world offers, what do you think would be a fair MP cost for it?

7. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    Hi CerenPL - there are actually two leaderboards - a Hardcore leaderboard and a casual leaderboard. If you don't use any Save Stars, your score will appear on the Hardcore leaderboard.

Save Stars also can't be used in Kiip competitions, so everyone is on a level playing field.

8. CerenPL

CerenPL Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2010
    Woah, NICE !

9. Thrak

Thrak Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    So I decided to play this after all the Mega Run hype, and I was looking at the achievements, specifically the ones regarding Mega Codes. Are these not in the game anymore? I can't find mine or a place to put in a friends.

10. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    We took out Mega Codes a while ago, and we're planning a replacement for those achievements. In related news, we're working on a new update for Mega Jump and we'll have more news about that in the coming weeks!

11. PèreGoriot

PèreGoriot Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2012
    MegaJump crashes under iOS3 for weeks now.
    Any news about next update's release date ?

* Mega Jump [Get Set Games] (v16.0.4 os3)
    Crash: "dyld: Library not loaded: /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreMedia.framework/CoreMedia Reason: image not found".

(v16.0.3 was fine under iOS3).

Thanks.

12. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Dunno why I thought this'd be a post about the game once I saw your sn...

13. PèreGoriot

PèreGoriot Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Nice... Today's update removes iOS313 support.
    Previous version crashed: you can't keep it. Latest version is no more compatible: you can't update.
    Nice... Programmers keep the money and clients keep the pain. What a joy.

DoodleJump has an arm6+arm7+arm7s executable, working from iPhone1/iOS3 to iPhone5/iOS6. MegaJump should also do it. So ?

14. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Aww, yup, everyone's out to screw you out of a dollar and make your life a living hell...

OH THE HUMANITY!!!!

15. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Does this game no longer back up your progress online? On my phone, I have all the worlds and many of the characters unlocked, plus most of the powerups - but nothing is unlocked in the game on my newer ipad (which also uses the same Apple id).

16. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    You'll need to enable iCloud syncing.

On your phone, go to Settings > iCloud > Documents & Data > and toggle the setting to ON. Play the game for a few minutes.

Next, turn on syncing for your iPad the same way: Settings > iCloud > Documents & Data > and toggle the setting to ON.

You might need to wait for a bit for the data to sync. When you play the game on the iPad now, it should show your latest progress.

17. Mr. Grizzly

May 20, 2011
    Thank you very much.

18. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    No problem! We had to scramble a bit last year once Openfeint shut down, which we had been using for syncing. We've switched over fully to iCloud for syncing and it's turning out to be a very solid option.

19. Mr. Grizzly

May 20, 2011
    Hm, still didn't work. That sucks, because I love playing on both devices but don't want to start from scratch again on my ipad.

20. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    Hmm, that's weird. Please get in touch with us directly at [email protected] and we'll see what we can do. Mention what you tried in the email so our support guys can get up to speed on your progress with it.