Mega Jump - by Get Set Games - FREE (v2.0.9 - Gamecenter, New Levels)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, May 6, 2010.

1. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    i would like this as well.

for the latest update, i have a problem with it. one, you finally fixed some of the
    2nd gen itouch crashes, but it still crashes when i click the store button AFTER a game. also, for some reason all my mp was wiped out after the update, and it doesn't show me getting new mp in the store. and also how do you back up or restore your data using openfeint?

2. nickfury

nickfury Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Founder and Creative Director at Get Set Games
    Toronto, Canada
    #742 nickfury, Apr 14, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
    Hi Osujxu - there is a problem with Update 13 that we are fixing right now. I would recommend waiting for the next update before trying to back up anything. Once the fix is ready, your progress will automatically be backed up when you log in to Openfeint after launching Mega Jump. Do you have an Openfeint account?

3. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    haha my names osujxu ;). but yeah, i noticed the problem on facebook. i have an openfeint account. and any chance of fixing the crash i mentioned, and more lower gen device optimizations? i know you guys are working hard on mega run right now, but the games pretty laggy and crashes often on the 2nd gen itouch

4. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    Doh - ok I edited your name to correct it :) We're actually spending more time on Mega Jump right now to optimize it and add some great new features that we've been planning for a while, so it should run better on older devices and there will be more stages, themes and coin patterns coming soon :)

5. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    yea i noticed on facebook as well...i really can't wait for these 20 new stages. it can't come soon enough

6. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I just went to re-download mega jump and noticed it's not on the store anymore ? Anyone know why it's been removed and if it's coming back.

7. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    they removed it until the next update because of a bug

8. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World

Thanks

9. Nejibana

Nejibana Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    another update :D

would love to see a Crow character. ( a cool looking crow) :cool:

10. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    Mega Jump Update 14

Yep, Update 14 is now available, and it's the most stable and solid version yet. Here’s what is new in Mega Jump Update 14:

• Shrinkify! Watch out for the new Shrinkify potion! It will make you tiny!
    • Over 30 New Coin Patterns! Bounce and weave through tons of new patterns of coins, stars, powerups and blocks!
    • See Your Progress! Check out your progress in the Pause menu! See how far you have to go to finish the current stage!
    • News! Get the latest Mega Jump news delivered right to your device!

http://getsetgames.com/2011/06/01/mega-jump-update-14-now-available/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    another great update getset! its definately ALOT more stable, no more crashing on my 2nd gen. i can finally start playing it reliably again. honestly the new coin formations are awesome, but i think they should be part of the new stages. you guys have been talking about new stages for a LONG TIME now....when are they coming? and also, i was curious as to how the new characters would work. oh and on what stages can i get the shrinkify, because i haven't come across it yet.

12. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    just saying...this is a post you made in november of 2010....

13. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    With Update 14, we can now add new characters whenever we like, even between updates, so look out for more soon!

The shrinkify should appear in any stage from Stage 2 onwards. If you haven't seen it yet, then it's just random luck :)

It's been a long time coming, but new worlds are imminent... very, very imminent.

[​IMG]

14. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Is there any chance of an HD or Universal version of this? I haven't read the earlier parts of the thread, so my apologies if this has already been answered.

15. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    With ability of adding characters directly, how will that reflect on the original game file?
    For example, if I get the new character directly and then reinstall the game, will I be able to recover that character, or will it be lost?

16. Eupatria

Eupatria Well-Known Member

May 18, 2011
    That's the problem
    Big Apple
    [​IMG]

looks better now.

17. daniller

daniller Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2011
    I've played Mega Jump. The v2.0.9 seems much more intriguing. Definitely like the new graphics. Download it right now.

18. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    We are keeping a universal version of Mega Jump in mind, but we've been adding so many other new features that retina/universal support hasn't been our highest priority. It certainly could happen at some point though!

Since Update 13, you can now store all of your game data with Openfeint. Just create or sign in to your Openfeint account in Mega Jump, and all of your MP, progress, characters and unlocks will be backed up on Openfeint, so even if you uninstall the game and reinstall Mega Jump you can retrieve all of your game data again.

If you haven't set up an Openfeint account (it's very straightforward), I'd recommend it. It also means you can play Mega Jump with your same progress and data on another device (for example if you upgrade your phone) just by logging in to your Openfeint account.

We've come a long way since Update 9, and Update 15 - which is just around the corner - is about to add a whole lot more.

[​IMG]

19. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    wow! the screenshots look pretty amazing...how many levels are we getting? like 20, easy and hard? looks like were playing in china or something...

20. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    One other bug- it crashes when playing your own music on 2nd gen itouch when it's loading the level.