Mega Jump - by Get Set Games - FREE (v2.0.9 - Gamecenter, New Levels)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, May 6, 2010.

1. iTouch.lover22

iTouch.lover22 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    I realised that the mega magnet doesn't get replaced by anything (turns EVERYTHING into double coins, even obstacles :D), but I have had other stuff, perhaps the mega umbrella or mega balloon, get replaced by inferior powerups. And yes, turning on/off powerups would be cheap :p I simply meant having a menu where maybe you could prioritize what powerups can replace other ones, but then again I guess avoiding unwanted ones is just part of the game :)

On a different note, I've been having some freezing/lagging problems with my iPod Touch 4th gen. Most of the time, whenever I die it will lag for several seconds as soon as my character has fallen off the screen before my scores and stuff come up. It hasn't crashed on me yet, but just a little annoying with the partial freeze. But hey, still an awesome game!! Any ETA on the update with the next powerups? I'm trying to decide whether to save my current 6500MP to upgrade to mega gravity boots or wait and upgrade the jump boots :) Thanks nickfury!

2. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Max gravity boots are pretty awesome, they get you further than any other power-up faster. You can get like 16-17k in one power-up, way more than any other power-up. Good chance that jump boots wont be as good.

3. Glass Joe

Glass Joe Member

Oct 9, 2010
    I just picked this up the other day, it's more fun than most paid apps. Really liking it, nice work!

4. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    I really hope a fix for the crashes can really be updated soon. I can't take advantage of the red umbrella at all now, because every time I hang over a lot of coins, it crashes because of the intense graphics that should follow.

5. nickfury

nickfury Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Founder and Creative Director at Get Set Games
    Toronto, Canada
    We have made a number of bug fixes and optimizations for the next update, so the lag on Game Over should be minimized in Update 11.

The Mega Umbrella crash bug has been fixed and will be in update 11, so grab that update when it comes out!

Update 11 should be available in the next couple of weeks, and will include the new upgradeable Jump Boots, which has become a really fun and explosive powerup (get ready for some sonic booms!)

Both the Gravity Boots and the Jump Boots are based around speed. The Jump Boots will go faster the more coin combos you can string together, so it has a higher top speed, whereas the Anti Gravity boots have a more constant speed.

6. TiltMyTouch

Jun 10, 2010
    Awesome. I can't wait.

7. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    this is gona be seriously awesome can't wait as well

8. t0panka

t0panka Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Creative Director
    Slovakia
    please add my code: qw8n6

9. jnowlin34

jnowlin34 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    I manage people
    Chicago
    Doodle Jump > Mega Jump

10. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Mega Jump > Doddle Jump in every respect imaginable!!!

11. TiltMyTouch

Jun 10, 2010
    Any update on the update?

12. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    Update 11 has been submitted to Apple, and should be out in 5 to 10 days!

[​IMG]

Here's more info:

http://getsetgames.com/2010/12/04/mega-jump-update-11-jump-boots/

In other news, Mega Jump reached 7 million downloads, and is well on track to get 8 million by the end of the month! Thanks again to everyone who has helped make this game better and better with each update!

[​IMG]

13. Bruno

Bruno Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Capital Markets
    Boston
    Add my code: htyzm

Thank you all

14. quocko

quocko New Member

Mar 6, 2010
    cant wait for the new update. is anyone else having trouble with the MP apps? i downloaded 3 apps yesterday and i got no MPs

15. saiyukialex

saiyukialex Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Shanghai, China
    Why still no retina update?

16. TiltMyTouch

Jun 10, 2010
    And it will be fixing the crashing issues?

17. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    We had some server trouble with the sheer volume of people using the Earn Free MP option, but we made an update to the servers which should fix the problem with people not getting awarded MP correctly.

Yes, the crash problems should be reduced, and the crash with the Mega Umbrella has definitely been fixed. With the number of new features that we've added, older devices seem to be running into memory issues. Update 12 will feature a lot of optimizations that should help things run more smoothly.

18. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    #718 Osujxu, Dec 13, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2010
    did you remove the push notifications in this update?
    o yea and the dinosaur guy just seems like a reskin of the orinal bluto and redford characters

19. TiltMyTouch

Jun 10, 2010
    I take it the update is showing up for you?

20. LawLessLove

LawLessLove Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    How long is this going to be free?