Mega Jump - by Get Set Games - FREE (v2.0.9 - Gamecenter, New Levels)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, May 6, 2010.

1. nickfury

nickfury Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Founder and Creative Director at Get Set Games
    Toronto, Canada
    Ok, it looks like a few of you are seeing this - can anyone else confirm that this is happening with the latest update?

2. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    i can't confirm this, because it crashes when i try to play level one now...

also another suggestion for the new levels is to make them end in a "better" number such as 100,000, because 83000 is kind of a weird and awkward number.

3. Nejibana

Nejibana Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Nice update.

My code is

0sv39

4. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    Have you tried rebooting your phone? Also, make sure that you aren't multitasking with a lot of other apps, which can use up memory.

Stages don't actually end at a certain score. You can get anything from 70,000 to 120,000 or so depending on what powerups you pick up and what stage you are on. Stages end at a specific place. For instance, Stage 1 always ends in the treetops, in the same spot.

5. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    Great suggestions as usual Osujxu. These are definitely worth considering!

6. 270Kp

270Kp Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Beta-Tester
    USA
    This game looks great on my iPod, but I bet it would look AMAZING in retina. Any news about it?

7. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    For some app adjustments, I think we need retina display(although I'm not sure if that's pushin the file size, a save feature, and the game has crashed on numerous occasions after the update. It's usually after I hit resume after a pause, or when I go play level one sometimes.

8. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    You probably should add this to the help screen

9. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    Good idea!

10. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    File size is a big issue - the last update went over 20MB which prevented a lot of people from being able to download the game over 3G. Update 10 has been heavily optimized, which brought the game back down to around 17MB. Retina graphics adds a lot to the file size, so we're looking at what might be the best way to do it, but it's definitely on our list (along with something even better...)

11. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    for retina display, you can try out what fragger does. you download the game, and then you can download additional stuff like new levels or retina display.

12. iTouch.lover22

iTouch.lover22 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Yea, I wonder why devs don't do this when they want to add retina but don't want the file size to go over 20mb. Another game is Ninjatown, you simply go to settings or something and click download for the retina pack. Once it's done, I think I just had to restart the app. Quick n simple :) Although I'm not sure how complex it is to implement..

Also, a suggestion I'd like to make is to have an adjustment to what powerup is better than another. It's really annoying when my Mega Magnet gets replaced by my only once upgraded Gravity Boots. Perhaps there could be a menu to prioritize what powerups we prefer in order?

13. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Love this game, but would probably play it more if it weren't for such the high point totals needed to unlock things. I'm not particularly great and don't really want to pay to buy points. Wish they would lower the points required for some of the unlocks.

14. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    yea that's why they've made new ways to unlock mp. the mega code and free mp button really help. i downloaded all the free apps and got like 5000 mp

15. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Haven't checked those out yet, but I will now!

16. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    #696 ArtNJ, Nov 17, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
    I got 1000 megapoints just by posting my code in the thread in the general forum, 500 more from putting in a code myself, and maybe 1500-2000 from downloading any free app worth more than 330 points or so.

Once you get the 3000 pt super magnet, you can get almost 200 megapoints just from doing the first level if your lucky with magnets. Do not waste points on anything else until you obtain the 3000 pt super magnet.

If you do the stuff we recommend, you should be able to at least get the 2000 point magnet, which will help some.

17. doomsdaytom1

doomsdaytom1 New Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Please add my code, kjx3u if you want 500 mega points

18. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    This is an option we're considering, although there is a cost associated with hosting all the files and having millions of people downloading them. There may be other ways to approach it, but yes, it is on our list for sure.

The powerups appear completely randomly. Putting in options to turn on or off or prioritize powerups did come up at one point, but was quickly decided against, since it's likely most people would simply opt to have the Mega Magnet appear every time :p

On a technical note though, your Mega Magnet should never get replaced by another powerup. Since magnets pull everything towards you, it would be kind of unfair to pull in another powerup and have that replace your Magnet, so we coded them so that you can't activate another powerup until the Magnet runs out. If you have seen the Mega Magnet being replaced, it's probably because the timer ran out on it.

Since powerups are random though, it does place an emphasis on balancing your powerups, in order to avoid getting underpowered versions, either that, or try to get really good at avoiding powerups you don't want ;)

By the way, for those of you that have run into the recent bug that prevents a stage you have reached from being unlocked there is a temporary fix:

The stages are still being unlocked, but they aren't being displayed in-game. To see newly unlocked levels, shut down Mega Jump completely (including closing it on your multitask bar), then restart it. You should then see any new levels that you have unlocked.

19. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    i want dragon

20. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    @nickfury: I'm still having crash problems. It is a 100% guaranteed of a crash when I click on 'Store' in the menu that appears after a game is completed. I can still access the Store from the first menu upon startup though. I'm also having random crashes during games, and they almost always occur when I activate something that is graphically intensive (for example, getting a red mega umbrella and floating over a ton of coins). I have a 2nd generation iPod Touch that is not jailbroken using the latest iOS.