Mega Jump - by Get Set Games - FREE (v2.0.9 - Gamecenter, New Levels)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, May 6, 2010.

1. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    I find that the game lags a lot after my games on my iphone 4 -- i.e. takes 30 seconds before you start to collect your coins. Also sometimes freezes for 15 seconds mid-game if the iphone memory isnt fairly clean. Still very fun game, just wish this wasnt happening...it didnt use to, with earlier versions.

What do folks think is the best 2000 point upgrade? I have most of the 1000 point ones.

2. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    This is a cool update and I bagged an easy 800MP for downloading 2 apps!
    I would however like it to be like the original game, just endless level one option.

3. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Magnet!

4. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    definately the power shield. it's probably the best powerup for beating the later levles

5. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I just have to chime in, and it might be old news, but WOW, the upgrades to the Umbrella made one of the games more "meh" power-ups into something truly twisted and fun! :eek:

6. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    double post

7. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    lol ithought it was you that posted above a couple post but your names are so similar haha

8. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    I really havent found any of the pure coin-enhancing power-ups to be too worth it...umbrella and lucky blast seem to take an aweful lot of runs to pay for themselves, if they ever do. Magnet and Gravity Boots are my favorite 1000 point enhancements.

But I'm just buying 2000's now, so I cant say if that holds true the whole game.

9. Muckle_Ewe

Muckle_Ewe Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2010
    Wait till you get the fully upgraded magnet. Defo the best upgrade. Will net you 300 coins a go at least.

10. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    interesting.

i'm expecting the 10th update to be the biggest update yet

11. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    #651 ArtNJ, Nov 15, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2010
    Update is out. Adds upgradeable balloon, mega points for getting your friends to play, bug fixes and more/better sounds.

Not sure how good the balloon really is, doesnt sound great from the description, but we'll see! I tried the 1000 pt baloon, and its good for 7-8,000 pts higher with continuous tapping. Also, it was reasonably fast, although still short of 1000 pt gravity boots. The little sidekick may get a few extra coins or power-ups. I'd still go for magnet and gravity boots as the first and second upgrades (at least so far).

Edit: I just encoutered a large group of anvils on level two instead of a large group of coins. Perhaps I missed a power-up, but since I didnt see changes announced, I'm wondering if this was a new bug. Wierd if so.

12. Greenloop

Greenloop Member

May 17, 2010
    It's fun

Well.. The update isn't that Big... But the New baloon is Funny :D
    Oh.. And my friend Code is ng3t8

13. nickfury

nickfury Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Founder and Creative Director at Get Set Games
    Toronto, Canada
    Hi Art - the anvils are an anti-cheat feature that's been in there for quite a while. If you just tilt the phone to one side and keep it there you'll never miss a coin (at least on the early levels), so we detect that and throw up a wall of anvils :) It's like the TILT feature on a pinball machine.

14. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    my code is sy0u2. add me!!

15. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    #655 Osujxu, Nov 15, 2010
    wait so are we only allowed to put in one code? i put in one code, then went to go add another and the button disappeared....
    Edit: OH YEAH AND PLEASE REMOVE THE OPENFEINT THING IN THE ICON. IT MAKES IT LOOK HORRIBLE.
    Edit 2: encountered a bug:after pressing pause while in game, i hit the mega code button and it crashed

16. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    That's the way it works - otherwise you could just collect as many codes as there are players and end up with millions of MP :)

Here's how you can get more MP with your Mega Code though - anyone can enter yours and you'll get 500MP for everyone that puts in your code. The more people that enter your code, the more MP you'll get!

You mean the App icon? We'll probably be keeping the Openfeint logo because we love Openfeint and think they deserve a little recognition. So far we haven't had any complaints about it, but we hear ya!

17. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    can you tweet my code sy0u2?

18. jwcasser

jwcasser Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Awesome you guys are going to need to start an Add Me thread for this
    My code is cd54y

19. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    #659 nickfury, Nov 15, 2010
    Seems like it :p If you check out our Facebook page we seem to have unleashed a bit of a beast with this Mega Code idea! I just hope people will still comment on the game itself after the hubbub dies down :)

20. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Ah that makes sense. I was on the throne, and not paying much attention to the game when I saw the anvils :)