Mega Jump - by Get Set Games - FREE (v2.0.9 - Gamecenter, New Levels)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, May 6, 2010.

1. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Not quite...

Earning free MP still doesn't work for me!

2. exgamer

exgamer Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2010
    price

People complaining about price and the game is free Lol . In App Purchases the horror !!! This is what we get because people complain about 99 cent games Hahaha!!

3. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    same i downloaded a bunch of the games and i didn't get any free mp...

4. Arktar

Arktar Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Having the same problem as Peter here... have tried restarting the iPhone, restarting the application and playing from Sunshine Glade to Galactic Core, none of them work and I really don't want to reinstall the game...

5. TiltMyTouch

Jun 10, 2010
    I do not believe the 250,000 achievement works. My highscore is way over that and I've gotten over 250K multiple times, but I still don't have the achievement. It hasn't worked since I first got the game, which was since the game was released...

6. exgamer

Aug 3, 2010
    achivements

I also confirm that the 250,000 achivement doesnt work. I play the 1st and 2nd level straight all the time to earn MP . I reach 250,000 points regularly and never got achivement.

7. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    I got like 6,000 free mp from downloads, so it's working as intended for me.

8. TiltMyTouch

Jun 10, 2010
    Boo. So BOTH the 250K achivement AND free MPs don't work for me. :(

9. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    same here getset we need fixes!

10. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    just came up with an awesome idea. since you can't make any more stages for going higher because it wouldn't make alot of sense after galaxy gore, what if you could go down? this would be like a totally new mode, where you take your action umbrella, and descend into the darkness of the underground. you try to avoid the coins and are given mp based on how far you reach. you can have another whole set of 10 levels for this or just one endless mode. some levels could be underground lava, devils gate, and dirt road. it would be like the game falldown, except you can go anywhere one the screen and steer using the umbrella. what do you think?

11. exgamer

Aug 3, 2010
    awesome

Excellent idea!!!!! you should be a developer dude. Please learn coding we need people like you.

12. nickfury

nickfury Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Founder and Creative Director at Get Set Games
    Toronto, Canada
    1. The Help guide is temporary where it is right now - there will be a brand new Info Tab in an upcoming update, which will have a different look and a lot more content.

2. If you get the 20,000 Mega Point option, you get 5000 free MP, for the 9000 option you get 1500 MP free, and with the 3500 option you get 500 MP free, so there are options that lower the price if you want more MP for your money! Either that, or just download and install some of the Free apps in the Earn Free MP offer wall :)

There is a lot more content coming, so you'll definitely have more stuff to spend MP on. We are aware of balancing that issue, and keeping the incentive for people to play, for sure. Not a lot of players have managed to get as far as you though!

Have you had any luck since you saw this? You may have got the MP, but without a notification dialog.

Also, were you on 3G or Wireless at the time? What device and OS are you running?

Sorry to hear that. As with Tilt, have you had more luck since then? Were you on 3G or Wireless at the time, and what device and OS are you using? Any other details you can give might be helpful.

We're aware of this one, and a fix for Game Center achievements should be in the next update.

Yeah, it's been a learning curve for us. People's expectations when Mega Jump was a 99c app were a bit dispiriting, and it actually hasn't changed too much now that the app is free. These are crazy times (but good if you're a gamer I guess!)

Same questions as above - have you tried again? After downloading the apps, did you actually run them before running Mega Jump again? To get the MP, you need to run the apps that you download. Are you sure you didn't get the MP, but maybe a bit later? Were you on 3G or Wireless at the time, and what device and OS are you running right now?

Nifty idea! It's basically a whole new game :) It's unlikely we would put this in to Mega Jump as it is, but it might be something to go into a sequel, or a separate game entirely. You never know though... ;)
    ----------------

FOR THOSE WHO ARE HAVING TROUBLE GETTING THE FREE MP TO WORK:

Are you still having problems? If you have seen this and not posted on this thread yet, please let us know if it happened to you, how it happened, whether you were on Wireless of 3G, and what device and OS you are running. Thanks and keep jumping!

13. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    3rd generation ipod touch os 4.1. i downloaded like 10 games, opened them and only got credit for about 3 of the games.

14. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010

15. exgamer

Aug 3, 2010
    #635 exgamer, Nov 1, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
    mega jump

To be fair honest , the game is free I feel te support is great. People will complain here no matter what . They complain only because they feel some type of power , power that they dont havve in real life. Dont let anyone here get you down as a developer , your doing a fantastic job .

I talk to my friend who is actually a developer . He also has this game and told him some of the suggestion posted here . He laughed a hard laugh and said for a free game , the developer is pretty commited. He also said as far as programming , if you added more power-ups , you would then have to add the variable to all the enemies in each stage , to react to the power-ups . I didn"t understand what he meant , but it sounded like alot of work .

He did make a simple suggestion though . My developer friend said the best thing to do is double the amount of MP earned in the game . That way people will unlock more and wont complain as much. He also said the developer should just make a part 2 , adding all the changes . The last thing he said was the part 2 should be a paid game and the MP should be easier to earn , that way the complaining would be much less.

1)So just double the MP
    2) Make a part 2 .

So that it , pretty simple. Even though I had a different idea then my friend is pretty smart .

16. Rblacula

Rblacula Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2010
    3rd gen itouch 4.1! And u should make achievements worth MP like Fly Kiwi, Fly!

17. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    1. no why would you double the mp? there's going to be complainers for every game and it's just a natural occurence when you have over 6 million players, you can't expect them all to be happy. freemium doesn't help.
    2. yes there should be a sequel but i'm not sure how mp and paid would work.

18. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    Thanks guys - we're looking into the MP issue, but it may not be on our end. It could be the games you're installing, so we can't make any promises about a possible fix there. Have you had any more luck since your last posts?

19. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Why are none of the Game Center achievements completing? I have done loads of them since installing the game.

20. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    Yep, sorry about that - it's a known issue, and the fix will be in the next update (which is right around the corner)!