Mega Jump - by Get Set Games - FREE (v2.0.9 - Gamecenter, New Levels)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, May 6, 2010.

1. nickfury

nickfury Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Founder and Creative Director at Get Set Games
    Toronto, Canada
    We've seen the achievement issue ourselves, but all your achievements are actually safe. Think of it more like the game "reminding" you what achievements you're getting again :)

The Super Magnet and Mega Magnet pull in everything, which gets you additional points. They also pull in objects from far away, so nothing escapes. The Mega Magnet even converts all coins to x2 coins, so you get a lot of bang for your buck. It's a great MP generator :)

The Supernova has a strong magnetic effect, but you don't grab everything you pass - there's a lot that's left behind, partly because of your speed. It also doesn't last as long, and it doesn't convert coins either.

Not only did we consider it, we put upgradable powerups into Update 8! Or did you mean a different kind of upgradable powerup?

We will be converting the Action Umbrella, Balloon and Jump Boots to the new upgradable kind in the next few updates, for sure. We're still figuring out the best way to do this with the Fireballs, or whether to do it at all, since they are already so powerful.

The regular magnet will be replaced by whichever level of Magnet you have unlocked. You will never see two different-level powerups (of the same type) in the game at the same time.

Interesting idea. We're working on the Action Umbrella right now, so we'll see what happens.

Characters are very easy for us to add, so they don't take up a lot of development time, and people are always requesting new characters. Having said that, we'll probably slow down how many we add for the time being.

The next update will feature "Hard" versions of the current levels (essentially levels 11-20), so that should provide some good challenge until we add brand new backgrounds/levels.

If we did, we couldn't tell you what it was ;)

Thanks for playing! And wait 'til you see what we have coming up next!

2. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada

Attached Files:

3. iTouch.lover22

iTouch.lover22 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Awesome, thanks Nickfury!! Time to start upgrading that umbrella :D Can you please tell me what each stage of upgrade does to the umbrella?

4. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    WOW NEVER CEASE TO AMAZE ME ME.
    as always, wil post impressions but i'm already just amazed by how much was added in the short amount of time. i wasn't expecting this at all

5. Ddyracer123

Ddyracer123 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    You pop your head all over the place. Casual statement. You might want to race Sammysin to 15,000 posts.

6. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    how exactly do i pop my head all over the place. and why the heck whould i race him?

7. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    Well, I'm tempted to tell you here, but instead I'll refer you to the in-game help, which I spent a lot of time writing. :p

On the main menu there is a question mark button at the bottom of the screen. Tap that and it'll bring up the Mega Jump Help guide, which will tell you everything you need to know about the game, powerups, tips, tricks and even the names of the enemies :)

Check it out and let us know if there is anything missing, or anything we should add, and we might put it in the next update!

8. iTouch.lover22

iTouch.lover22 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Just read it, was a great help! Haha, 'Purple Nurple' :p

9. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    ok i downloaded like 5 games in the list to get more mp. i opened every one of them individually, and then opened mega jump and I didn't get any mp at all...
    besides that, the updates amazing and i really love the direction mega jump is going right now.
    two suggestions:
    1. can you make the help guide and the extra mp button in the same row? the menu looks really unbalanced right now.
    2. can you make it so that we get more megapoints for the money we pay? because lately so many things involving mp has come out so i think it would only be fair...

10. 270Kp

270Kp Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Beta-Tester
    USA
    Great update guys!

11. quocko

quocko New Member

Mar 6, 2010
    another great update. however i love/hate the new way to get extra MP. i must have gotten over 2k MP for just installing random free apps, but it also takes away from actually working on the game. before the update i only needed the mega lucky blast to have everything unlocked. with this update im already on mega umbrella.

i love the gamecenter support. last i looked i was #35 on the leaderboards. i'll probably work on high score after i get the mega umbrella

12. Ddyracer123

Aug 4, 2009
    too indirect for you? Ok. I'm seeing you in a lot of threads that's what I meant when I said "your head is popping all over the place". You post quite a bit.

13. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Earning free MP does not work. I don't get MP even after launching the apps multiple times. Some apps are taken off the list even though I didn't get credited.

14. Rblacula

Rblacula Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2010
    #614 Rblacula, Oct 30, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2010
    I use multitasking to open the free app and then Mega Jump... Some times it works! It worked 5 times for me and didn't work for 4... :(
    Edit: best idea EVER! Make it like Fly Kiwi, Fly and achievements are equal to MP!

15. PeterM11

PeterM11 Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    East Coast, USA
    I've unlocked all the first 10 levels, played since the update past 250,000 feet and used a lot of the powerups but none of the achievements are unlocking for me. Don't want to delete the game because then I'll have to upgrade all the powerups again. Anyone know a fix for this????

16. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    your point being?
    restart?

17. Ddyracer123

Aug 4, 2009

There's no strong point. but, there is a point. you post a lot so i'm pointing that out. Why? Because i like to write strange posts.

If you can't understand still, keep reading my posts. And yours. It will come to you...[: )

18. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    haha ok

19. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    #619 djflippy, Oct 30, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2010
    For those not keeping score at home, Mega Jump has continued to improve and add content over time, and it's even better than it was at release, which was already really good.

20. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    yea this has got to be one of the most downloaded game of all time...6million