Mega Jump - by Get Set Games - FREE (v2.0.9 - Gamecenter, New Levels)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, May 6, 2010.

1. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    U still get to keep da powerups...

2. nickfury

nickfury Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Founder and Creative Director at Get Set Games
    Toronto, Canada
    As Osujxu says, you keep the powerup you unlocked, so you don't have to unlock it again. If you unlocked the Super Magnet, for instance, you will already have the third-highest Magnet powerup (the order is Normal, Turbo, Super, Mega), so you'll only be one stage away from the best upgrade - the Mega Magnet. :)

3. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    Mega Jump Update 8 has been submitted to Apple for approval!

http://getsetgames.com/2010/10/08/mega-jump-update-8-submitted/

Some of the highlights:

• All powerups are cheaper
    • 11 New powerup upgrades added
    • Two new characters
    • New block patterns and challenges
    • A ton of tweaks and fixes
    The new update should be available next week with any luck. Let us know what you think!

Attached Files:

4. 270Kp

270Kp Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Beta-Tester
    USA
    That looks great! When can we expect the retina?

5. Rblacula

Rblacula Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2010
    I get we get to keep them, but what about the extra mps we spent?

6. Pocketmau30

Pocketmau30 Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2010

Wow Looks amazing! I'm looking forward to this!

7. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    aww come one i was really hoping to get a fire breathing dragon character. but i'm really excited for the upgrades.

ps. you gota tell me how you rigged your megapoints :)

8. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    Well, the new version of the powerup you got should be a bit more powerful than the old version, especially in the case of the Super Magnet :)

Retina is on the list, and should be sooner rather than later (we're already prepping the new graphics for it), but we can't give a firm date yet.

You'll get your Dragon soon enough :) As for the Mega Points, I could just say that I really really really play a lot, but I'd be lying. I do happen to know the guy who programs the game though, so that helps ;)

By the way, the first powerups to receive the new treatment are the ones in the store:

• Power Shield
    • Lucky Blast
    • Anti Gravity Boots
    • Magnet
    The other three (Action Umbrella, Jump Boots and Balloon) will also get the same treatment in upcoming updates, so watch out for those.

We're going to try and speed up our updates, so expect a lot of cool stuff in the coming months. We're really just getting started!

We really value your feedback, and it's helped evolve Mega Jump from its humble beginnings, so keep the ideas coming! Let us know what you'd like to see, what you like, what you think could be improved.

9. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Awesome udpate incoming!

10. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Any video of the update in action?

11. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    what about the fireball and supernova? will they get updates too? and when your upgrading the super magnet, does the lowest upgrade just count as the regular magnet?

12. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    Not yet - it should be out in the next few days in any case, so you'll get to try it out soon :)

The Fireball and Supernova will probably get the upgrade treatment as well, but we're still working on the best way to do that, since they're pretty powerful already.

The regular magnet is already in the game, so it won't appear in the store - the lowest-level upgrade for the Magnet is the Turbo Magnet. This will be the same for the Balloon, Action Umbrella and Jump Boots as well, since the lowest levels of those powerups are already in the game.

13. StrangeCat

StrangeCat Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2010
    The update will be really nice... :)

14. TiltMyTouch

Jun 10, 2010
    Update 8 is OUT!

15. 270Kp

270Kp Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Beta-Tester
    USA
    Great update so far.

16. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Yeaaaaaaa

17. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    I think all of my achievements reset because it show me unlocking all of them. Also I really don't understand the difference between super magnet and regular magnet, other than it kills bad objects. If anything the supernova is the best powerup not the super magnet

18. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Someone should post a vid of all the new stuff when they get a chance.

19. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    After playin this update for awhile I can say I really enjoy it so far. However @nickfury I believe that this game needs to take another radical change such as ur other two. The first was changing it to dlc( a mostly a success), and ur second one was making upgradeable powerups. We'll see how this does, but I have some ideas on future updates.
    1. Obviously I think that you should finish the others powerups to be upgradeable. I think this is an awesome idea. The fireballs and supernovas don't need to be improved but maybe some different colors? Like the mega powerup for the fireball could be a color changing rainbow fireball. You should probably get rid of the regular magnet entirely. For the umbrellas, you should make it so that it can sense lurking dangers similar to the furry sense in minigore. This would kinda make sense since it's like a saftey net.
    2. Stop making new characters. I think that alot of your time could be spent making better things, and let's be honest who's actually gona unlock every character.
    3. Make an ultimate level. This is like the literal end goal of the game. Make it so that it is nearly impossible to defeat so that it is the end challenge for experienced players.
    4. Add Easter eggs. I don't know if this is just me but it would be awesome if you include some sort of Easter egg in the next update.

Thanks for the update it's great as always!!

20. TiltMyTouch

Jun 10, 2010
    I recommended upgradeable power-ups to Nick already and I think they've considered it. Definitely good suggestions though, Osujxu!