Mega Jump - by Get Set Games - FREE (v2.0.9 - Gamecenter, New Levels)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, May 6, 2010.

1. fissssh

fissssh New Member

Sep 14, 2010
    hey devs, just got mega jump awhile back and i must say its a great game.

i really like the puzzles such as the powerups hidden among patterns of spikey boxes and those kind of special boxes you can bounce on.

for future updates, hope you guys can add in many more different kinds of interesting puzzles to the game!

2. RobSegal

RobSegal Active Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    Toronto
    Awesome fissssh that's great to hear. Glad you're enjoying Mega Jump.

3. LadyNeddy

LadyNeddy Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2010
    I'm a newbie of mega jump, i've to jump a lot now to earn some MP to unlock something...what's best to unlock first? The second level or something else?

4. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    you don't have to unlock the levels. this is a common misconception. alll you have to do is reach the end of the stage which is around 83000 for me. for the first thing to unlock it depends on what you prefer. the characters are purely cosmetic but are cheaper. the powerups change up the gameplay but cost more.

5. LadyNeddy

LadyNeddy Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2010
    Thanks a lot for your advice :) ! Now I'll try to reach the end of the stage, as my high score is around 79000 I think it's in my possibilities, then I'll unlock the powerups.

6. SqueakyG

SqueakyG Member

Oct 1, 2010
    I got Mega Jump about a week ago. I bought Doodle Jump, then found Mega Jump for free and found it to be a much better game! I'm hooked.

Reading this thread has been interesting, because the game seems to have evolved a lot. The game some of you played 6 months ago sounds completely different to what I'm playing now. Did you actually have to start from stage 1 each time you fell? Weird.

I don't know if I'm very good: My high score is just 130,000 and I've reached stage 6. Now I can't seem to get past this stage - just when I hope it will end, I'll usually get knocked down by spike blocks.

I haven't bought anything with MP yet, because I know I'm never going to earn enough to buy more than ONE thing, and I can't decide what's best. After playing for what I consider to be quite a long time (for a simple free game) I have earned just 1600MP. This is enough to buy a character... but would that be a waste of MP? I can't imagine playing enough to earn ANOTHER 1500MP. So it's a character or a powerup. Or stars. How to decide??

7. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Try re-doing stage one repeatedly as there are no obstacles to overcome. That way you can focus on getting coins. I'd start by buying some of those stars that save you if you fall. I got 5 and they lasted me from stage 8 to the end.
    Then I'd go for the super magenet as it will get you even more coins.

8. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Yea I agree with the above. Or you can spend the 1500 mp on the power shield which really helps in the later stages. After you beat the stages u can just concentrate on the first level and getting mp. It's alot faster once u just play on stage one

9. nickfury

nickfury Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Founder and Creative Director at Get Set Games
    Toronto, Canada
    It's up to you, but I thought we should give you a heads up that we've got a great new update coming out soon which will:

1) Introduce new upgradable powerups
    2) Reduce the cost of powerups in a big way from their current MP cost

You'll definitely get a lot more bang for your buck :) The powerups will now have 4 stages: Regular, Turbo, Super and Mega, with each upgrade making the powerup more powerful, and replacing the existing version of the powerup.

Those of you who have already unlocked powerups will keep your powerup in the new update, meaning you won't have to re-unlock it. If you've unlocked the current Super Magnet for example, you'll get the new Super Magnet (which is even more powerful than the current one).

The new powerups add cool new abilities too. For instance the shield adds lightning attacks at Turbo level and above, zapping enemies and obstacles at long range, while the higher-level magnets start sucking in everything, not just coins, destroying everything around you :)

We're very close to being ready to submit the update to Apple, so we're hoping it will be available to download in the next couple of weeks.

I'd be interested to hear what you guys think!

10. Silverdraken

Silverdraken Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2009
    Sweden
    Sounds great! I'd like to see Game Center leaderboards & achievements as well though. I'm greedy like that.

11. DBrown519

DBrown519 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Environmental, Health, and Safety Fields
    Fullerton (Orange County), CA
    Amen to this man, and this game is really sweet!
    GamerCenter name: LexusTexas
    OpenFeint name: LexusTexas

12. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    WOOOOWW!!! i have to say you guys never fail to impress me. will each upgrade be worth 1500 mp? hopefully not because i have inttroduced this game to all of my friends and none of them really seem like the want to grind for so much mp. if each powerup is worth 500 mp, i think it would be worth it. just don't make it too low for the people who have actually played a ton to unlock things.
    another question: if you already unlocked a powerup does it start at the mega level or what? and does the powerups for the powerups work for all of the powerups? such as the umbrella and jump and stuff that didn't have to be unlocked?

13. pavarotti2007

pavarotti2007 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    UK
    This is fabulous news. GC leaderboards & achievements as well would make this 100% perfect

14. SqueakyG

SqueakyG Member

Oct 1, 2010
    #574 SqueakyG, Oct 3, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2010
    One thing the game doesn't explain: How long do powerups last? Like the shield, etc. I presume it's not a one-use-only item for 1500MP, but I dare not buy it just in case. And if it's not one-use-only, how many times can it be used per game? The biggest criticism of the game I have is that the high points-value of everything discourages players from experimentation... I dare not buy a powerup to see how it works. Thankfully the next update will fix that -- you'll be able to buy the low-power version of each powerup quite easily to see if you like it.

I decided to buy 5 stars with my MP. I got onto level 10 and in the excitement of hopefully completing the game, I blew all the stars. Grr! I actually completed level 10, and...

SPOILERS...

then it seemed to be looping back to the first level (which is very clever), and that's where I blew all my stars and died. Since I don't think I'll reach that again, I'll never know whether the game was going to have an ending, or whether it loops and keeps going through the levels again. In which case... I beat it? I don't know! :)

15. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    The cost will start low (much lower than 1500MP), for the lower levels of each upgrade, and will go up for each new upgrade, but even the maximum (for the Mega level powerups) won't be as high as our previous pricing. This way new players can unlock fun powerups, then go for the high cost/higher power versions as they get better.

The current version of the game doesn't have anything that approaches what the Mega level powerups will do. The current Super Magnet is the closest to a high-powered powerup, but the new Super Magnet is much more powerful. Here's how the current store items will transfer:

Current Power Shield = "Normal" Power Shield (lowest level)
    Current Anti Gravity Boots = "Normal" Anti Gravity Boots (lowest level)
    Current Lucky Blast = "Normal" Lucky Blast (lowest level)
    Current Super Magnet = (New) Super Magnet

The first set will be based on the powerups currently in the Extras section - Power Shield, Anti Gravity Boots, Lucky Blast and Magnet. We'll follow up with the Jump Boots, Balloon and Action Umbrella powerups in a following update.

We are looking at Game Center and it's likely we'll implement it in some form in the near future, but we also like Openfeint and would like to keep some features of that (I think Fieldrunners does this).

When you buy a powerup, you keep it forever. It will appear in the game at random, like any other powerup. You may see it a lot in a particular game, or very rarely, but that's really just luck. Once you have it though, it will always have a chance of appearing during the game.

We will be adding those stages quite soon, so that players can start from level 11, 12 etc. So you should be able to start from there and work your way up once we do that.

16. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    you know, it would be awesome if you guys could somehow incorpoate gamecenter multiplayer

17. 270Kp

270Kp Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Beta-Tester
    USA
    and retina graphics too.

18. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    That's on the list, absolutely!

19. Fudgeboy

Fudgeboy Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2009
    Student
    UK
    the one thing i dont like about this game is the fact that it takes a long time to be able to afford one character, nearly forcing you to pay...but great game all the same :) and yeah, retina graphics would be pretty epic :D

20. Rblacula

Rblacula Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2010
    If we got the powerups in this version, do we get a mp refund? Or at least start at mega?