Mega Jump - by Get Set Games - FREE (v2.0.9 - Gamecenter, New Levels)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, May 6, 2010.

1. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Maybe you can have a contest and the winner can have a character based off them. You'll gain awareness on this forum (or whatever other site you have the contest at), plus current users all get a new character in the game.

2. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Number 1 in free apps, hopes this translates into success in paid apps soon.

3. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Honestly i think they should keep it as free. With a dlc/ freemium startegy they are using, they would get alot more publicity and money imo

4. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    When's the next update coming out and what's it contain?

5. nickfury

nickfury Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Founder and Creative Director at Get Set Games
    Toronto, Canada
    Funny you should ask, because we've already submitted Update 7 to Apple, so it should be available this week!

The update features a number of tweaks based on feedback from Update 6, including the return of the Fireball and Supernova to Stage 1 and 2, and a brand new character :)

6. IndustrialBros

Jun 5, 2010
    Hey Nickfury, when did the updates with the inapp-purchase stuff come out? Great addition but don't remember it in the earlier download I had. Was it always the plan?
    LOVE THE GAME!

7. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    In-App purchases weren't in the very first version of the game. We added purchase-able characters in one of our early updates, allowing people to buy characters directly, but then replaced that with a hybrid option, in which players could either save up MegaPoints by playing the game, or directly purchase MegaPoints if they wanted to.

We much prefer this option because it doesn't force people to purchase items, and gives players something to work towards in-game.

8. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Well damn :( I liked how relaxed 1 and 2 felt without the supernova blasting me through the entire stage. I'm thinking now I won't be able to use 1 & 2 for coin collecting, and unlocking items will take even longer! I guess you can't please everyone, but the gradual introduction to powerups was awesome, you should have stuck to your guns.

9. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    Actually, with the re-introduction of the SuperNova, coin collection actually goes up, since it has a strong magnetic effect in addition to the boost. We've also removed anvils from Level 1, to ease the frustration of new players and get them used to the game mechanic before moving on to harder stages, so that also helps players rack up more MP :)

Fireballs are a signature feature of Mega Jump, and we realised that a lot of new players had never experienced them, so adding them back was a natural choice, and will allow more advanced players to move through Level 1 a bit more quickly, and on to more challenging stages.

10. TiltMyTouch

Jun 10, 2010
    The update sounds great. It's good that one of the most exciting and unique aspects of the game (the fireball) is returning to all levels. Great to see that you're really implementing a lot of our feedback, I look forward to the update!

11. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    ... And just wait 'til you see what we have lined up for Update 8 ;)

12. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    is really excited and pumped!! and the new character can't be the dragon i talked about can it..?

13. TiltMyTouch

Jun 10, 2010
    Well I'm already pumped that this game seems to be returning to another massive update spree similar to the one it had around its release!

14. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I suppose so, but it gives you less to work for and uncover as you progress. Fireballs were great when all I cared about was getting to the next level, but now sometimes I end up hitting three in a row and I'm thinking "just let me play the game". You more or less bypass half the level and call me strange, but I quite enjoyed the jumping part of Mega Jump. It wasn't too much just to leave the first couple of levels in the hands of the core game design and add the crutches later.

15. TiltMyTouch

Jun 10, 2010
    By the way, just wondering, is this going to stay free permanently and be a freemium?

16. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    i want a hint to what the 8th update will be

17. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    We have had a great response being a free app, and Mega Jump will stay free for the time being, but we haven't made a final decision on that yet.

18. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    We're going to hold off on giving any details about Update 8 until after Update 7 has been released - we don't want to get ahead of ourselves :)

19. Spocket

Spocket Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Did they get rid of the fireball and the blue equivalent power up? Haven't seen them in forever. I don't play as much as I use to, but they use to be pretty common.

20. mehware

mehware Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2008
    I downloaded MegaJump... cool game, very addicting. My girlfriend played it on my phone and then downloaded it. I love the whole freemium model but unless I am playing for a month I can't even unlock one character or the second level.... Boo!