Mega Jump - by Get Set Games - FREE (v2.0.9 - Gamecenter, New Levels)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, May 6, 2010.

1. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    should grab this if you have not yet. its a fun game.. not sure what appeals to me about it.. i def enjoy this more than i do doodle jump.

i guess its all the action!!

chris.

2. Sprite Cola

Sprite Cola Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2010
    Walnut, CA
    You should download this if you haven't, while it's free

It's a faster-paced Doodle Jump :)

3. exgamer

exgamer Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2010
    mega

Wow this game is really a huge step above doodle jump. Do you guys think it will reach as high as doodle jump.

4. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    not played this in a few updates.. do not really care for the mega points which is new since i played it last i think. laughs. but whatever, its fun to play once in a while.

5. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    This game is fantastic. I'm addicted.

6. PallaZ

PallaZ Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2010
    don't missunderstand me. i do not mean "force: buy the points or die"
    but if i want to use p.e. the super magnet i haev to collect 6000 points. and loosing all the coins isn't very helpful. especially if i do not have any chance to avoid the amboss/monster, because the little stars push me fast in the sky

well. it's still a very cool game. but if you ask what should be changed in my opinion, i'll say what you should change in my opinion :D

7. nickfury

nickfury Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Founder and Creative Director at Get Set Games
    Toronto, Canada
    Great responses everyone, and especially TiltMyTouch, Osujxu, blueknight1st, DOOMBOT and PallaZ for your thoughtful feedback.

It looks like one of the biggest concerns is balancing MP. TO get a better handle on things, it would be great to get more details about how quickly people get MP on average.

If you play Mega Jump regularly:

• How long have you had the game?
    • How often do you play?
    • How long does it take you to earn around 1500 MP?
    • What characters or powerups have you unlocked so far?

8. PallaZ

PallaZ Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2010
    1. i got it vanilla - 1.0

2. few times a week

3. every game i got (since last update) 0 till 1000 coins. it takes a while to get 1500 mp

4. just the cutie blue one with the ribbon on her head. next one will be the super magnet and the coala bear

may be 50 coins = 10mp
    that caps also the coins you can maximum loose to 49

9. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    * How long have you had the game?
    since few days after release
    * How often do you play?
    once or twice a week, 1-1.5 hrs total
    * How long does it take you to earn around 1500 MP?
    1-1.5 hours
    * What characters or powerups have you unlocked so far?
    All except Chippy, Bradley and Foxworthey

10. DOOMBOT

DOOMBOT Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    I got it back in June I think, whenever it was just a basic game with IAP for cash, not MP.

I used to play all the time, at least 2 hours a day.

I had close to 3500MPs when the update came out with the raccoon and when the red coins were added. I had the raccoon and the panda unlocked and one other. I really have no idea how long it took to get that many points.

On the current update I have nothing new unlocked besides a few levels since those are free. I haven't been playing as much as I used to.

11. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    1. I have had the game since it went free for the first time one faad i believe.
    2. I play everyday for maybe 2 or 3 times
    3. Well after the update I have reached 1500 mp just once. So about a week maybe less...
    4. After the crash update, it deleted my previous 3 characters I had unlocked so counting them I have unlcoked 4 characters

12. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I'm a bit mixed...while it currently feels a bit too difficult to unlock many of the power-ups...it is working toward unlocking all of these power-ups that really has me playing the game feverishly. ;)

13. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    * How long have you had the game?

I got it with the first free promotion back in May.

* How often do you play?

I played it a little at first, but only really started once the MP/extra characters came along. It's a fairly casual game as far as I'm concerned, as is the whole genre, so I usually only play through a couple of stages a day.

* How long does it take you to earn around 1500 MP?

I've only just reached 1400 for the first time.

* What characters or powerups have you unlocked so far?

Absolutely nothing :) I want to save for the most expensive powerup first to get it out of the way, but I'll probably cave and buy a cheaper one.

14. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Got it during the first free promotion.

I play once in a while, definitely at least 3-5 times a week. If I'm waiting for something or have a few minutes to kill, I'll sometimes choose this game, other times the other casual games I have.

I think I just surpassed 1600. So...:p

I'm just probably going to save for that super magnet.

15. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Just beat Stage 10, I was wondering what'd happen :)

One thing I noticed that disoriented me slightly, is that the pictures on the stage select screen for stages 1-5 more or less indicate where that level begins, but on the later levels the picture shows you an image half way or more through the level. I'd been looking out for the image on the stage select screen to figure out how close I was to unlocking the next stage, so once I got past stage 5 it threw me.

Oh, and if you're interested. One complete run through levels 1-10 (not all in one go, obviously) has netted me 1730 mega points. So it's more or less one "game completion" per unlockable character for me. Or 3-4 game completions for the final powerup.

16. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    #476 MidianGTX, Aug 6, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2010
    Just looked at my achievements and I don't seem to have gotten any of the "Made it to stage X" ones at all, despite having been to every stage. Also, there are 2 achievement each for stages 4 and 5?

...and another question, how is the Hardcore achievement possible? I can't see any way of avoiding every single powerup in a stage, 90% of them are picked up unintentionally... has anyone done it?

Since it seems there's something wrong with a few achievements I might as well inquire as to the "Reached X feet" ones as well, since it's possible I've done it without even knowing. How far from the start of stage 1 is 500,000 feet roughly? Do you have to do it in one attempt?

17. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    You might also want to consider the Lucky Blast, which is another way to get MP much more quickly. It turns everything on the screen (and a fair bit above) into a 2x coin, a 5x coin or a star.

18. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Oh, awesome! Yeah, I knew another cheaper item would sucker me in before the super magnet.

19. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    Yeah, we want to keep that feeling of having something to work towards, without being too frustrating.

20. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Ahh man! Free a day after I get it! But it's so worth it, love it sooo much and so much variety.