Mega Jump - by Get Set Games - FREE (v2.0.9 - Gamecenter, New Levels)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, May 6, 2010.

1. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    What?? The blue guy isn't unloccked for me it says I have to pay mp for it just like all the other characters?
    Oh ok so its not a set amount of points you have to get to right?

2. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    I'm pretty sure the blue guy doesn't need MP to be played...I haven't spent a single MP yet but he is unlocked for me.

3. nickfury

nickfury Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Founder and Creative Director at Get Set Games
    Toronto, Canada
    When characters were actual In-App Purchases, Bluto was unlocked by default. When we switched to using MP, Bluto became an unlockable character - still technically free, but you'd need to play for a bit to be able to unlock him.

4. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    what? i don't understand...he's not unlocked for me

5. 270Kp

270Kp Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Beta-Tester
    USA
    Me neither?

6. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    When Bluto was first introduced he was a playable character, while other characters were in-app-purchases (this was before we introduced MP). When we introduced MP, he then was switched to being unlockable for 1500MP just like the other characters.

If you never unlocked him, then he will still appear locked. Does that make sense?

7. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Yes but I had him unlocked before and now after the update he's locked....

8. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    Bluto is a bit of a special case. Did you unlock him with Mega Points? If you've had the game from before we introduced MP, then you would have been able to play him for a while as a playable character. After we introduced MP, he became a "locked" character, who could be unlocked with MP like the others. If you never unlocked him with MP after that, he would still be locked. It's a bit confusing, I know, and it's to do with the switchover from in-app-purchase (real money) characters to MP-unlockable characters.

9. TiltMyTouch

Jun 10, 2010
    @nickfury: I think Bluto might as well just stay a free unlockable. I mean, there's really not much to lose. Most people probably spend their MPs on item upgrades and the more unique characters anyways. Bluto is basically the blue version of the red guy.

10. ManofAegis

ManofAegis Well-Known Member

May 1, 2010
    California, USA
    Mega Jump is free now. :)

11. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    Well he's been a locked character for quite a while now, but it doesn't rule out the possibility in future :)

Uh oh. The word is out ;)

12. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    What do you want next?

For those of you that have had a chance to play the latest update a bit and tried out the new stuff, what would be your biggest request(s) in a future update?

• What would you change in the current version?
    • What do you like best in the current version?
    • What do you like least in the current version?
    • What new features would you like to see next?
    • What could we do better in general?
    We base our updates on your feedback, and we're already working on an update that incorporates some of the things you've talked about so far, so let us know what you think!

13. TiltMyTouch

Jun 10, 2010
    I understand the benefit of unlockable items for you guys, and encourage you guys to come up with even more. However, I really think Bluto should be changed back to a free character, and fireballs should once again be available in all levels. These were some things that made the pre-update Mega Jump a serious rival for Doodle Jump's playing time on my iPod, but now with them gone that's no longer the case.

Aside from those, I'm not concerned at all for the unlockables (except a lower MP costs of course), and encourage even more to be put in the game. One thing I would like is for special abilities to be assigned to each character. That would make the desire of unlocking them even greater.

14. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    1. If I were to change something, I would change the price of megapoints. Don't get me wrong I like the megapoints formula but I would just like the price of the unlockables to be dropped a little. I would also like a way to unlock a save star that never runs out (You still get it for only once per every try, but it doesn't dissapear after that). This can be for say, 10,000 mp or something.
    2. The best thing about the current version is the stage selection. I really would like some more!
    3. I dislike the cost of everything especially the super magnet powerup.
    4. I would just like you to keep doing what you guys are doing-adding new powerups and characters. However in the near future maybe pause this and maybe you guys could think of adding a completely different mode? like lets say instead of jumping up you are trying to go down instead? Like a falldown kinda game where you ttry to avoid coins so that you can continue going down?
    5. Once again lower the price of megapoints. And also maybe do some other advertising techniques to spread the word about the awesomeness of Mega Jump!

15. blueknight1st

blueknight1st Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2010
    This game is great but everything costs way too much (points wise). I think the prices should be cut by at least half. Perhaps even by 75%.

16. DOOMBOT

DOOMBOT Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Seeing as how this used to be my favorite game and how after this most recent update I am close to deleting it from my phone, I think this is a fine opportunity to chime in and answer some of the questions.

First I want to start out by saying that this game was bar-none the best game I bought BEFORE the last two updates. I would literally play it any chance I got, in my office at work, pooping, before bed, waiting for groups in Warcraft, etc. You name it, I was playing. I loved the simplicity of the game, but I found it to be miles above Doodle Jump and the other "jump" games. It was simple, but challenging and gorgeous to look at. I could score almost 300,000 points every time, 200,000+ pretty consistently. The update prior to this last one came out and I thought it was pretty cool (the one that added the red moving coins and the angry coins). It got a lot more challenging which upped the fun factor IMO, plus the bonus of unlocking new characters with mega points kept me playing even more.

The latest update came out, and after the whole unable to play thing happened after updating and after finally being able to play after getting the fix update, I must say I've lost a lot of respect (lack of a better word) for Mega Jump. I hate the new power ups being purchasable, even if you do lower the cost, they should be rare finds in the game, not a bonus you have to buy. This keeps everything at an even play level. For someone who can buy MPs for cash or someone who is able to stock up on MPs buy playing all day, they will be able to have every power up unlocked. Someone else will be struggling to save up to buy even one.

Things I'd change:

Keep the power ups in the game, just make them sparse throughout the levels and not purchasable with MPs. The more powerful items like the blue fireball and the mega magnet put like 1-2 per level. Have the other power ups more frequent. Try to balance it out with the enemies and negative power ups (ball and chain, lightning cloud).

I'd also change the way the enemies knock out your coins. You say it creates a safety net, but it really doesn't. Nine times out of ten you will fall to your death without ever hitting one of the dropped coins. This is true with the spiked blocks. I know you are trying to make a challenge, but this really isn't any fun anymore.

Things I'd keep:

Level select, plain and simple. Best addition you guys could've added. I've made it to the moon level before, but darn if I hated having to go through the first 3 stages again if I fell.

If you could just bring the game back to how it was two updates ago, or even one update ago and keep the level select then I think it would be fine, but the way it is now just feels so bloated and not really fun.

17. PallaZ

PallaZ Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2010
    #457 PallaZ, Aug 5, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
    1. -i don't want to loose all my coins, if i get hit by an enemy or amboss
    - 100 coins = 10 mp is a very s****y exchange course, or lower the mp costs for the power ups etc
    -the red and blue fire powerups were nerfed to much! and if i collect an other fire powerup while i have one it is not counted

2. a lot of things to unlock. stage select

3. the music. it does not match to the game and does not sound good

4. even more to unlock. maybe a better level design. maybe unluckable accessoires for the characters

5. do not force the user to buy megapoints. i want to buy a game one time and do not want to pay again and again and again. most people hate DLCs/app-in purchases
    do you remember version 1.0? i have to tap the screen to jump off the ground, to start the game. i loved it. just running like an idiot out of the screen and back. tapping the screen to jump but avoid the first coins. like in the mario games playing with the menu ;)
    and maybe the charakter will not longer start in the mid-air in level 2-10. level 2 from a brigde, in the sky from a bird, or anything else.

still a fun game. keep working on it

PS:

18. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    And to add to my previous post have you considered going freemium and keeping the game free? It would attract alot more costumers and in the long run you would probably earn more money through megapoints. And also have you considered 10 coins=1mp? That way we don't wast as many coins?

19. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    If the MPs cost less than 100 coins per 10mps, most people would unlock all the characters/other features in a very short time. The way things are now, you have to work at it.
    Nobody is forced to buy MPs. You can unlock everything in game by just playing. Stop being lazy, people.

20. morepewpew

morepewpew Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2010
    This is free? Great!

Sharing it on FB :)