Mega Jump - by Get Set Games - FREE (v2.0.9 - Gamecenter, New Levels)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, May 6, 2010.

1. Sambo110

Sambo110 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Australia
    Crashes on the Get Set Games logo for me too, iPod Touch 2G running 4.0

2. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    No, its the new update. When you hit the anvil, coins fly everywhere to indicate that you lost some.

3. derekvanvliet

derekvanvliet Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Programmer
    Toronto, Canada
    Update 6 Crashing - Fix Submitted to Apple

Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know that we submitted an update to Apple that fixes all the crashing in Update 6. You should have it soon.

4. Sxethang

Sxethang Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    I used to love to play this. Now it seems like all the fun is taken out of it. When you hit the anvils you lose coins. IMHO it's hard enough to save for something decent. It makes me not want to play. I understand that a game should be challenging but I seem to be losing interest. Sorry.

5. nickfury

nickfury Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Founder and Creative Director at Get Set Games
    Toronto, Canada
    #385 nickfury, Jul 29, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
    We have made stage 1 much easier than before by taking out enemies, moving coins, trickster coins and some more difficult patterns. We've also added Save Stars, which you can buy with MP. You can use Save Stars to boost yourself if you are falling (or at any time). You can also unlock any stage with MP, and start from that stage.

If you are only getting 10,000 points per game though, perhaps there's another technique you could try? Just out if interest, do you find Doodle Jump any easier or harder?

6. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    The lost coins actually create a kind if safety net now - before, if you hit an anvil, there was often no way to save yourself. Now, you can actually catch the coins that you 'lose', to boost yourself back up. You can also get Save Stars in the Extras section, which you can use to save yourself in a tricky situation.

7. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Are save starS a one time use thing?

8. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    You can buy as many Save Stars as you want, and each star can only be used once. If you have 10 Save Stars, you can save yourself 10 times. :)

9. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    As Derek pointed out, we have submitted an update to Apple which should fix the problem. Here are the details about the issue:

This problem appears to be affecting the following devices:

1st generation iPhones
    2nd generation iPhones (aka iPhone 3G)
    1st generation iPods
    2nd generation iPods

The following devices are NOT affected by this problem:

3rd generation iPhones (aka iPhone 3GS)
    4th generation iPhones (aka iPhone 4)
    3rd generation iPods
    iPads

Thanks for your patience and feedback everyone. Hopefully you'll have the fix in the next few days! In the meantime, if you have a 3GS, iPhone 4 or iPad, the current update should work fine on your devices.

10. MissLashes

MissLashes Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2010
    U.S.
    @nickfury it affects 3gen iPods too!

11. Yeah, I know it's much easier than it used to be, and I've gotten farther due to it, but it's also made it much more annoying to keep repeating. And unless there's some massive secret behind running into coins scattered across the screen.. I doubt my method is simply inneffective. Also, yes.. Doodle jump is miles easier, if not only because you can hop on a single platform if you need to think for a sec.

Also, I'd rather not dish out cash that I could be spending on a 20 hour RPG in order to change a couple aesthetic scenery pieces and add some difficult enemies to further deny my already troublesome problem at progressing in the game.

Not trying to rant about a fairly cheap quick game... But definitely not worth my limited amount of cash or time unless there's some massive trick to progressing.

12. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    Hi MissLashes - do you have a 3G or 3GS? We haven't seen the crash problems on 3GS phones, only the 3G.

13. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    Hi Patch,

One thing we have added that makes things easier is that if you move fast enough (with a star, jump boots etc.), you will actually break through objects, anvils etc. that would otherwise stop you. So grabbing stars and other boost powerups really helps there.

The trick to getting higher is to use the powerups and stars as much as possible, to look ahead and what's coming, and to head for groups of coins, rather than trying to target individual coins - visualise a path you can take through the coins, since you can hit a coin from any angle to bounce higher, rather than having to landing on them from above like Doodle Jump.

Another thing you can try if you find yourself in trouble - tilt the game far to one side or the other. You'll move sideways very quickly, and you'll often catch a coin you didn't think you'd be able to reach.

We'll continue to tweak the difficulty based on feedback, and we have tried to make things a bit easier in early stages in the latest version, while making things more challenging in later stages.

14. Heh, I've tried to stay away from tilting due to finding that there's an anti-cheat enabled for it :p never been bold enough to attempt it in short bursts to get out of tight spots (usually lose during the scarce coin periods).

15. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    Don't worry, it doesn't kick in until you cross the screen completely quite a few times ;)

16. MissLashes

MissLashes Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2010
    U.S.

3rd Generation iPod Touch iOS4

17. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Same here. Also have a iPod Touch 2G running iOS4. This is really frustrating as the update sounds great!

18. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Didn't crash on my 3GS running OS4 and you're right : fantastic new update !!

19. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    Glad you like it Jetjet! The good news is that the fix for those who haven't been able to play will be ready in a few days (if the App gods are on our side).

If you've played the new update, we'd love to hear your thoughts on the new additions, the difficulty, the new powerups and what we could do next - what's your take on the latest version?

20. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Game Impressions

I love the cell shading and smooth animations! While it is hard to pin down exactly what they're doing here that hasn't already been done to death in the thousands of other "Doodle Jumpers", but, by gum, this one just seems to lead the pack in my mind. :D