Mega Jump - by Get Set Games - FREE (v2.0.9 - Gamecenter, New Levels)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, May 6, 2010.

1. DOOMBOT

DOOMBOT Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    I am still crashing. I did another restart and it's just not working. So bummed! This update looks so good too.

2. nickfury

nickfury Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Founder and Creative Director at Get Set Games
    Toronto, Canada
    Well that's a relief at least, but now you're just going to get everyone else jealous...

3. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    Sorry Doombot. We're scrambling to get to the bottom of the issue. Obviously it's our number one priority right now, and we'll get a fix out as soon as we can.

4. DOOMBOT

Apr 14, 2009
    I appreciate that. I was just updating after reading Bazooka's post and like you said, I got very jealous!!

I'm wondering if there is an issue with the iphone/ipods? He is playing on an iPad. But I don't even know if it's possible to have issues with one device versus another.

5. 270Kp

270Kp Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Beta-Tester
    USA
    Great because I really want to play it also. :)

6. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    We are looking into this aspect as well. If anyone has udpated the game on their iPhone or iPod and not run into problems, it would help if you could post in this thread.

7. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Yea I have ios4 on ipod touch 3g. The game crashes on the startup screen where the logo get set games is. Maybe it only crashes on itouch but not ipad?

8. Manny7

Manny7 Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2009
    no crash on iphone 4

9. quocko

quocko New Member

Mar 6, 2010
    what happened to the red and blue fireball powerups?

10. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    I have iPod Touch 3g and the game updated fine, I actually played the game with the update and its like a totally new game. I had the game lag a little at one stage, but after I rebooted, I had no problems.

11. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    Hi Quocko, the fireball powerups are still in there - the red one now appears on stage 2 and up, and the blue one appears on stage 3 and up, to help balance the game for new players.

12. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    Great! How are you liking the update so far?

13. 270Kp

270Kp Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Beta-Tester
    USA
    Just reinstalled the game and still no luck. :(

14. DOOMBOT

Apr 14, 2009
    OK, I deleted the app from my phone and tried to re-download through the iphone app store. I got an error saying that it couldn't be downloaded and that the update would be available when I connected to iTunes. I downloaded it from iTunes and tried play but it still crashed.

15. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Love the update. I've now learned to hate the anvils though :). You loose all the coins if its less than 100. So if, I collected 325 coins and then hit the anvil, I only lose 25 coins, which is reasonable, but there is very little chance to avoid the anvil. Avoiding it is often more a matter of luck rather than skill. Other thant that, the update is fantastic! I couldn't put the game down. I like the new effects that signify umbrellas and boost, like the new coin patterns, new characters. You guys did an awesome job!
    Too bad about the bug others are experiencing. I updated my game vie my iPod Touch, noy PC. Don't know if it makes a difference.

16. I'm using a 3GS with iOS 4 and working wonderfully, no crashes at all. Great update, only thing I wish it had was something to tell you how high you need to go to get to the next stage... Cuz I got to 9763, and if 10k was stage 2... RAEG, lol. But I have no idea when I could get a new stage, kind of annoying to collect 70 of those mega coins every time and never get to play a new stage cuz of something dumb >.< so tired of the first level..

17. DOOMBOT

Apr 14, 2009
    Sounds like you aren't playing the latest update. The anvils were introduced in the previous update.

18. DOOMBOT

Apr 14, 2009
    Stage 2 starts at 100,000 points.

19. akheron

akheron Well-Known Member

May 23, 2010
    Crashing for me too.. iphone os 3.1. :(

20. Yeah.. I barely play this game as it is... Usually only after updates, and I think I'm quitting it again..... It's just not fun to keep doing the exact same thing 100 times without anything interesting.. We've lost the comet powerups from the first level and the difficulty is still as hard as ever.. The frustration out-weighs the 5 minutes of fun it provides. It's hard to 'waste' a dollar, but I consider this a waste. (bought it when it first came out or whatever, and blew it off after every update.. I don't delete too many apps because of potential good updates)