Mega Jump - by Get Set Games - FREE (v2.0.9 - Gamecenter, New Levels)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, May 6, 2010.

1. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    I think the silver cart is a hazard friend. You have to try to avoid it or it knocks you down.

2. hasio_john

hasio_john Well-Known Member

What's New in Version 2.0.5

A big THANK YOU to the more than One Million Mega Jump players out there!

This update will ensure that your Mega Jumping will not be interrupted when Apple upgrades your iPhone or iPod Touch to the new iOS4 Operating System.

We have a much more exciting update coming real soon with Stage Selection, more Power Ups, more characters, and more awesomeness!

Thanks again for playing!

3. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Ah you beat me to it this time:) . Looks like were Gina be getting stage selection after all

4. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    What does the storm power-up do? It seems somewhat rare, and I almost always manage to avoid it. Unlike the chain, which seems harder to avoid for some reason.

I have been wondering whether unlocking the shield power-up is actually counter-productive. Its not very useful, and *if* it takes the place of a random power-up it should probably be skipped. It it takes the place of a coin, thats obviously better, but even there, you can accidentally pick it up when you have a better power-up like magnet. My bottom line on it is unlock characters first if you have any interest in them.

5. nickfury

nickfury Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Founder and Creative Director at Get Set Games
    Toronto, Canada
    The Stormcloud negates any powerup you currently have active, including "bad" powerups, like the ball & chain. If you have the ball & chain, it's worth trying to catch a cloud. In most other cases, it's best to avoid.

6. Nejibana

Nejibana Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    im getting lag whenever i touch the screen ever since ive updated to IOS 4.

im using a iTouch 2G btw. :rolleyes:

7. Piasintein

Piasintein Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Mega Jump works fine on my iPhone 3GS iOS4ized.

8. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    #308 nickfury, Jun 23, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2010
    While that is on the lower end for the game, you shouldn't be seeing that much lag - is it only when you touch the screen? In which case, I'd recommend not touching the screen while you're playing. :) Have you also tried rebooting your phone? Clearing the memory can often help with lag issues.

Additionally, the next update will include a whole bunch of optimizations that should improve performance on 2G and 3G devices a fair bit, including initial loading and stage clearing.

The new update is coming along nicely, and I think it'll make a lot of people happy :D

9. 270Kp

270Kp Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Beta-Tester
    USA
    When can we expect it?:D

10. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    Mostly that's up to the Apple Gods, but we're hoping it'll be soon...

11. AdrianW

AdrianW Active Member

Feb 7, 2009
    Australia
    I'm getting close to earning 1500 Mega Points, and I'm wondering whether I should get the Power Shield or one of the alternate characters.

Do the other characters have different abilities - or are they just cosmetic differences. I love their designs, but if there's no benefit in the game play, I think I'd prefer the Power Shield as my first extra.

So, what should I choose as my first 1500 Mega Point extra?

12. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    I decided to get the panda first because I wanted to see what they looked like in game. While none of the characters have powerups (so far hopefully) the animations when they jump and receive powerups like the balloon are a lot different. I have not gotten the shield powerup so I cannot speak about that. Hope this helps!

13. Nejibana

Nejibana Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    i regret getting Rocky...

anyone wanna show what the panda looks during gameplay?

14. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    #314 ArtNJ, Jul 7, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2010
    As I previously posted, the power-shield is a marginally useful power-up. If it gets placed instead of a coin, ok. Its not really that helpful, but its something, so I guess that is a good thing -- unless it accidentally debuffs one of the better power-ups. So maybe a tiny net positive. However, if it can get placed instead of the actually useful power-ups, then unlocking it is likely a negative, not a positive. I dont think the developer has clarified whether it gets placed instead of a coin or another power-up, so I'd stay away from power-shield.

As an unlockable power-up, it should really be better. It should, for example, stack with the slow fall or high bounce power-ups, and not end the rocket fuel or balloon power-ups. (I am not 100% sure it ends those, but I think it does.)

15. AdrianW

AdrianW Active Member

Feb 7, 2009
    Australia
    #315 AdrianW, Jul 8, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

16. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    I got the Power Shield, doesn't make much difference.

17. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    Hi guys,

With Update 6 for Mega Jump in the final stages of completion, I can tell you that the shield is about to become a lot more useful ;)

There are also three new powerups joining the Power Shield, along with a huge list of new features and updates. It's taken a bit longer to put this update together, but we think it'll be worth it, and we're really interested to see what everyone thinks.

Stay tuned - there's much more to come right around the corner!

18. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Panda looks awesome in those shots.

19. Piasintein

Piasintein Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Panda will me my next unlocked feature. :)

20. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    If you buy the power shield, as soon as you get it during gameplay you can tilt your device sideways and go through the anvil weight barrier the game creates. Kind of fun to mess around with that ;)