Mega Jump - by Get Set Games - FREE (v2.0.9 - Gamecenter, New Levels)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, May 6, 2010.

1. doomsdaytom1

doomsdaytom1 New Member

Jun 10, 2010
    I can't get enough of this game, my high score is about 350 000! (not that good compared to some but I'm getting there).

If you're getting performance issues try turning your device completely off then on, this works for me. (though the developers should look into this, I am using an iphone 3gs)

About the new update, just got it and in my opinion is that it is the greatest thing to happen to this game. While it gives you the option to buy something if you want, everything is now accessible in game for no cost (and it is not too hard, including the characters previously IAP only).

Thankyou Get Set games for such a great update and game!

2. Nejibana

Nejibana Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Alright this is AMAZING UPDATE.

this is how it should be. 5/5
    *ultimate thumbs up*

3. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Awesome update, making one of the best of its kind even better...
    LOVE IT.

4. K76

K76 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 12, 2010
    Cowtown, Texas
    You guys have done it: You've taken an already great game and launched it into the stratosphere!

Well done! *thumbs-up*

5. cherrygirl

cherrygirl Active Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Love this game. I had something like this before, most probably called Elf, and played it a lot as well but somehow it got lost (or I deleted it occasionally). This one is as good as that game, maybe even better. Also, we are arguing with my bf as he says Mega Jump is exactly as Doodle Jump and I completely disagree, because honestly I find MJ different, more exciting and use it more often.

6. mattcoombe

mattcoombe Active Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Game Developer
    Toronto
    Wow! Thanks for the awesome response everyone, we're really glad you like it. Get Set has been aching to get this update out for some time now and we're really happy to see it out there!

Lots more updates to come and the next one is under development already! We hear your concerns about stage selection and we're busy figuring out how to integrate it into the game in the best possible way.

Pon Pon and Bradley thank you too ;)

[​IMG][​IMG]

7. Aldex Oun

Aldex Oun Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    Is there any chance that we can play the game with the title screen song? I like it much better than the actual gameplay song. I'm just saying.

8. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

i luv u guyz! mega pointz ftw!

9. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    While normally not a fan of the classic IAP for game currency, I give you credit for having a method to gain game currency from within the game as well even if painfully slow by comparison. In a competitor's game (Jumpy Frog) it was nearly impossible to gain credit in game which really made it seem like the ONLY WAY you could ever get more than you initial allotment was by paying them more cash and that's just creepy.

10. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

what bothers me is that i know that not all my previously gotten coins have been accounted for- after updating, i only had 75 megacoins! i know i got more than 750 coins before this update

11. Igoo

Igoo Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    I feel really dumb for having to ask this... but can anyone tell me how to use the bomb powerup? I've been playing for weeks and still haven't figured it out. I'm sure it's easy and i'm being slow... but please help! Thanks!

12. Piasintein

Piasintein Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Are you referring to this?

[​IMG]

Well, it's not a bomb! ;)

13. your personal robot

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    I had the same "problem" for a loooong time.
    But it's easy: it isn't a bomb... it's a steel ball chained to your legs (prisoner's thing). And you get pulled down a lot more. So, you can call it a bad power up.

(I hope, I'm right)

But yeah, devs should re-work the look of this, it's a bomb to me too.

EDIT: was too late :)

14. your personal robot

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Ball should be made smaller, chain bigger... that would help.

15. Igoo

Igoo Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Hahahha. I see. So it's a graphic design issue. Thanks guys, I feel much better now that I know what it is... (and I wasn't the only one confused by it.)

16. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    The "bomb" is bad??? I thought it made you bounce higher. It always seemed good to me.

17. your personal robot

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    You fall a lot faster, that's what it does.

18. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Yep! The bomb weighs you down and makes it harder to stay up.

19. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    Haha! I had the same confusion. I thought if maybe I tapped on my character I would explode and get a boost in my jump, or it could blast you up if you're about to fall to your death. Then I came to the conclusion that it was a bad item and weighed you down, seemed pretty lame for a bomb.

I knew when I saw that blown up picture though, pretty funny.

20. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    What about the silver cart kinda powerup?
    And also maybe in the future you have levels so that once you have made it to like level 2, it's saved so that you can start playing from level 2 at the beginning of a new game.