Mega Jump - by Get Set Games - FREE (v2.0.9 - Gamecenter, New Levels)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, May 6, 2010.

1. aznriceboi13

aznriceboi13 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    to die
    where rice paddies grow...
    hmm wats different about it before i update? i read the update description

2. derekvanvliet

derekvanvliet Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Programmer
    Toronto, Canada
    Hey guys, as some of you have already discovered, Mega Jump Update 2 was released today! Here's a complete rundown of what is new:

• Our cute little red hero has been given a name: Redford!
    • Added an Extras menu that lets you unlock more characters!
    • Redford is joined by 4 more new characters you can unlock in the Extras menu:
      • Bluto, Redford’s baby brother!
      • Rosie, Redford’s sassy sister!
      • Buster, the sweetest little monster around!
      • Foxworthy, the adventurous forest dweller!
    • Added a “How to Play” screen at the beginning of the game!
    • The game now automatically launches you upwards at the beginning! No need to tap anymore!
    • Added more scores to the Game Over screen: you can now see how many coins you collected in the game and how high you soared!
    • Added a new OpenFeint leaderboard for Most Coins Collected in a single game!

Look out for more unlockable characters coming soon as well as lots more new features coming very soon!

3. hasio_john

hasio_john Well-Known Member

#183 hasio_john, May 23, 2010
    Last edited: May 23, 2010
    I paid the game from the first day ... now it's free with in app purchases (i don't care if it is for 1 day or permanent)!!!:mad:
    I'm changing my 5/5* review with 1/5 and DELETE it!!!
    God job Get Set Games ... Greed is a bad thing!!!

4. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Calm down dude.

5. Deadpoolite

Deadpoolite Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010

Quit whining about the developers trying to maximize their profits. Think this through, guys. It was made free for a limited time to get lots of people to try out the game, who then in turn would get hooked by the game and then buy in-app content. The in-app dlc is rather insignificant, and the developers have said that free updates with substantial content will continue to come.

6. Ddyracer123

Ddyracer123 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    I just updated the game and I'm not happy. So it's free for a day. Great. Charging three bucks for some stupid characters is NOT. If your gonna rip like that at least do it ngmoco style: freemium. I don't know why people hate freemium the games are free it's your choice whether or not you want to make additional purchases. I do think us consumers can hate on what you devs did. Why didn't you GS guys make this freemium in the first place? Please make the new content free in a update otherwise I might just lose interest.

7. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    I got the game for free and while agreeing that the devs are quite entitled to get as much money for their hard work, 1 character per $0.99 is not that much value. Of course its up to the individual players if they want to buy them or not, but I'd consider it if I got a bit more for my $1. You can buy whole games for that much money. Anyway, the game looks great and charactars look fantastic, but the devs should add more value to the DLC content.

8. K76

K76 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 12, 2010
    Cowtown, Texas
    Some o' you guys are talkin' crazy... it's like you've paid one dollar (or its equivalent) for the ability to enjoy as much ice cream as you care to have at any given time, right? Then one day that same ability is offered to people for free, and you complain. Then the next day, the price goes back up to a dollar, plus now the ability to enjoy various toppings along with your unlimited ice cream is offered for one dollar per topping, and you say you're somehow being retraded! You still have your game to enjoy anytime you want! You can still enjoy your ice cream to your heart's content! And, in either case, if you care to shell out a little more for a dash or three of extra flavor, you're welcome to do so -- just don't start griping about the original deal having somehow been altered by the addition of optional purchases and expect the rest of us to take you seriously. ;)

9. Khamous

Khamous Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    What is this? Minigore?

Meh, I wanted to play as Foxworthy, but I'm not paying for it... I totally hate DLC specially making 1 char worth the same as the whole game (even more, since it is free...). I though when you said unlockable you were gonna do something like make it randomly appear after xxx heaight and you'd have to rescue them (if you still had a key from before), or get xxx height, or get xxx ammount of coins.

I totally did not like this move, just making it explicit.

10. EMTKiNG

EMTKiNG Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    EMT
    Los Angeles,CA
    #190 EMTKiNG, May 23, 2010
    +1 at least minigore offers 2-3 characters for a dollar and half of them by kills

11. nickfury

nickfury Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Founder and Creative Director at Get Set Games
    Toronto, Canada
    #191 nickfury, May 23, 2010
    Really interesting and worthwhile feedback everyone. We do pay attention to what you have to say, and we knew this latest update - which is on the way to a much bigger idea - might spark some conversation. We appreciate the different perspectives and we can see where opinions might differ on certain approaches.

We have tons of great free content lined up - a new update is right around the corner with a ton of new gameplay and features - and we have plans for expanding on options for the optional content.

Rest assured that the essential gameplay will always be our main focus, and that's what we are most excited about, so you can expect plenty of ongoing - and free - updates to the game alongside the optional content.

At the end of the day, we just want you to know that our main focus is making Mega Jump the best game it can possibly be, so expect big things in the near future - we're just getting started! If you could see what we've been working on recently...

12. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Thanks for your comments, nickfury.
    Are you able to elaborate on the comment above? Does it mean that there would be extra content exclusive to the character "packs" that we purchase?

13. Touchgamer3g

Touchgamer3g Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    #193 Touchgamer3g, May 23, 2010
    Bad move Get Set Games...

3 characters for $3 each?? Do they even have their own special abilities or are they just skins? When you buy a game, one dollar or five dollars, you think you are getting the FULL game. You don't expect it to go "freemium" or free for a limited time with in app purchases. And it says in the App Store screenshots "unlockable characters". You might want to change that to buyable characters. Unlockable usually means that by completing a certain task in-game, you are rewarded with unlocking something such as a character in this case. I was praising this game a few pages back but I take it back completely.

You just lost me as a future customer and many others I am sure by this transaction.

14. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

it's not 3 dollars each, but i agree it's a bad move. if theyd made them free, people who got the game for free as well wouldve been like 'cool! new characters as well! ill go tell my friends to buy it and also say theyll get new characters!'

but now they're just annoyed cus theyre cheap.

15. Piasintein

Piasintein Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
    #195 Piasintein, May 23, 2010
    Hook Champ isn't free, it has IACP (In App Character Purchase) and it is wonderful. Homerun Battle 3D has uniforms and it is wonderful, too.
    In my opinion IACP is a way to help developer. I helped RocketCat Games and Com2uS, I'll help Get Set Games. I think they deserve it.

By the way, I see Mega Jump is more fluid, now, on my 3GS. Did you notice that?

16. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Actually, I totally agree that charging for new characters is a really bad move.

17. pocketgodboy

pocketgodboy Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    I just spent a dollar on foxworthy thinking ok maybe he has a special power up or something. Then I play with him and see it is just a skin! Ripoff!
    Next update give each character something SPECIAL not just a darn skin.

18. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

i'm against this dlc as well, but just out of interest- did you pay for the reskins of pocket god? just saying.

19. pocketgodboy

pocketgodboy Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Yes I did but only to support the devs and the awesome dancing and look, plus the skins in that game make it into like a whole new game because it reskins everything!. I already payed 99 cents for mega jump! I did not want to support devs I wanted a cool power up.
    I hope u give me what I want devs or make background and ect change with the new skin.

In doodle jump skins are free!

20. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

ouch.

(pocket god is a dollar as well)