Universal Mega Drift (by Chillingo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 15, 2015.

1. jibjelly

jibjelly Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Same here keeps crashing for me as well

2. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    #42 NOEN, Apr 17, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
    Yea, I've noticed some issues with the game this morning. When I would start up the game, I would be logged out of facebook. If I tried playing the game logged out, it would immediately crash. If I logged in to FB, everything was fine. I also notice that ads started popping up when I paid to get rid of them. Once I hit the "restore purchases" button, all went back to normal. Hopefully it'll all get sorted out in the next update. I'm still having a blasty blast with the game though. Definitely my go to game on the toilet. Took over True Skate for the moment.

3. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Nice. Lol, don't you mean for the 'movement.'

4. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Load, load, ads, ads, crash, crash, DELETE, DELETE! Totally blew it here! Avoid this garbage!

5. BadMrFrosty

BadMrFrosty Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Agreed and deleted. Looked like it could have been fun. Oh well.

6. new_ipodtouch5G_owner

new_ipodtouch5G_owner Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2015
    Canada
    In the Canadian iTunes Store, i just got an update to Mega Drift, it's now at version 1.0.1 ( Posted April 17, 2015)
    - Fixed bug affecting some Game Centre users.

Mega Drift has never crashed for me (i don't have access to internet, so no Facebook/Game Centre).
    However, from time to time it does have a stutter/hiccup right after a speed boost (5th Gen. iPod Touch running iOS 8.3).

I find it's actually a fun little game to play. I just collected enough money to unlock Autumn Drive.
    I have been playing it for sometime now, and i am very happy to see that it is not a battery draining game.

7. Patrick@Chillingo

Patrick@Chillingo Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Hey everyone, thank you for your patience while we've been working on this issue. The new update that fixes the crashing bug has just gone live, so download it and enjoy! If anyone is still experiencing crashes after downloading the latest update, please let me know and I will investigate.

8. Cccee

Cccee Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Installed yesterday's update and it still crashes. iPhone 6Plus and iAd Air. Both with plenty of free space and iOS 8.3.

9. miko666

miko666 Member

May 12, 2009
    just install the update...
    still crush on iPhone 6

10. OriginalDex

OriginalDex Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Doesn't crash anynore on iphone 5s but there's a new bug: if you crash during a turn then there's no way to put your car straight, it keeps going towards the sides, no matter if you push the drift button or use the accelerometer. So, if you crash once during a turn, the game ends.

11. BadMrFrosty

BadMrFrosty Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Now the patch is out I thought I give this game another try but considering the new bug, I'm going to forget this game even exists

12. new_ipodtouch5G_owner

new_ipodtouch5G_owner Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2015
    Canada
    I have been playing a lot since the new update, and still have not experienced any of the crashing that is being reported.
    However the stutter/hiccup is still there, but it is not as obvious as it was before.

I am starting to get better at the drifting (the better you drift, the more bonus money you can earn).
    I do like the fact that each car/truck does not drift the same way, but after a lot of trial and error, i really like Gloxx 200 for drifting.

I don't know if this will help anyone, but after you earn some money and buy the 2nd car the Gloxx 200 and upgrade it.
    You can then go back to the 1st track Deep Forest and earn some quick money. I also just unlocked my 1st car called Hamilton Gold.

I am really enjoying Mega Drift.

13. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Not a fan of freemium but gave it a try. Crashed a lot and deleted... I guess im glad it was freemium!

I wish game companies stuck to free trial and offered full Game porches via iap... Getting more and more tired of freemium by the day...

Annoying pricing model that should just stop!

14. Faffery

Faffery Member

Apr 16, 2015
    Just got an ad even though I have the no ads IAP. After I closed it, I saw that the button to purchase the ad removal IAP was showing in the bottom right of the car selection screen. The thing is, I'd already seen that happen within this version, and I already pressed "restore purchases".

As if the deceptive IAP labelling wasn't bad enough, now there's a bug that restores ads :/

15. Rudi

Rudi Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Same problem here. bought remove ads, but have to push the restore in apps,after restarting the game.
    Apart from that I really enjoy the game.

16. icemilktea

icemilktea Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Enjoyed the game very much but the frequency of the auto play video is too much for me.
    Every 3 tries or so a video will definitely play. So if you die a lot you get to see a lot of videos lol to the point that your video watching time is equal to your playing time if you retry a lot (which will happen in the later stages)

17. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    Well that would be why it's a free app with an iap to remove the adverts :D