Meet On5 Clock

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Anthony Charadium, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Anthony Charadium

Anthony Charadium Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    On5
    #1 Anthony Charadium, Nov 24, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2010
    Hi, everyone!

Just wanted to share great news of our brand new app's release with you. Surprising as it may be, it's not a game. It's a clock for iPad, as you noticed from the title. Just another clock, you might say, but you'd be wrong.

It's free. Totally free! It doesn't have annoying ads, it doesn't ask you to pay if you want to continue to use it etc, etc.

And it's just beautiful! We've created 12 skins to match every taste.

And we did this for 2 reasons:
    1) There were no good free clocks for iPad in the App Store. C'mon guys, it's just a clock. Charging even a buck for a clock or a calc? No...
    2) We wanted to attract little bit more attention to our other products and our company in general.

However we've left ourselves 2 options to gain a buck from this app. Either you can check out an ad if you wish (after alarm has beeped) or just purchase a one paid skin to say thanks to us.

If you guys liked to see some other skins, or get some interesting ideas for a clock implemented - just let us know.

Available on iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/on5-clock/id391342592?mt=8

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Btw, codes giveaway for Tiptop is still on for all TA members.

2. A buck says Woz will download this just for the Nixie clock. :)

Really attractive skins though. Does the alarm work with iPod songs even if it's backgrounded? I'm using Nightstand Central right now (if for no other reason than the wife bought it) but it only supports local notifications and very limited default sounds when backgrounded; it only does music if it's active.

3. Anthony Charadium

Anthony Charadium Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    On5
    Thanks!
    No, same here: can play iPod songs only when active, it's a limitation of iOS.

4. #4 Mindfield, Nov 27, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2010
    There must be an API for it though, as Radio Alarm can play preloaded sounds, iPod music or streaming Internet radio stations even if it's not active. As long as it's backgrounded on iOS 4, it'll play whatever you want it to at whatever times you want it to. I have a variety of options set for the various alarms I use, just for variety. :) It's the only alarm clock I use on my iPhone, and it works awesomely, but it isn't universal so I don't have anything like it on my iPad.

5. On5

On5 Member

Dec 13, 2010
    #5 On5, Dec 13, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2010
    Hi everyone! Along with this free app, I'm very pleased to announce the immediate availability of Xmas Time - Our new video-based clock app, where a pretty lady draws the time for you, every minute of the day! :)

Have a look at the screens below, and click on each one for the full-size / iPad-size screens!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. On5

On5 Member

Dec 13, 2010
    Hello everyone. We're extremely happy to announce that the On5 Clock has now been updated to version 1.1 and should be available for you to download right away.
    This update fixes a few problems that some people were having, so if you were having problems with the app before, please update it and let us know how it goes.

Fixes include:
    • Added compatibility with iOS 3.2.
    • Alarm sound selection crash fix.
    • Includes a fix for a bug when returning from background on some skins that made the skin broken.

As always, please update your previous ratings and reviews on the App-Store for this latest version.
    Thanks! :)