iPad MeeMee! My New Character Creator App :)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TripleJ, Nov 25, 2008.

1. TripleJ

TripleJ Member

Nov 25, 2008
    #1 TripleJ, Nov 25, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2008
    EDIT: The first update is out, adding custom backgrounds (any photo you have on your iPod/iPhone), new premade christmas backgrounds and general performance improvements. Thanks to everyone who's bought and commented so far!

As a lot of people have helped me in the macrumors forum and I know this is sort of related , I thought I'd announce the launch of my new app, the MeeMee Creator (itunes link) here as well :) I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post my own app here or if it even qualifies as a game as such (although I'm having lots of fun using it :p) so if I shouldn't post here, i apologize.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The MeeMee creator lets you create funky cartoon versions of you or your friends, email them to your friends, enter them into competitions, even apply them as images to your contacts.

Here's the full feature list for those interested:
    • Gives you a combined total of 10.000.000.000 unique combination possibilities (that's without counting the colour variations).
    •Takes advantage of the unique iPhone/iPod Touch features such as swiping your finger across the screen to flick through backgrounds for your character, rotating the device to switch between Showcase mode and Workshop mode for editing or admiring your creation
    • The MeeMee Character Creator is completely offline, meaning no expensive internet bills or 3G quota overloads.
    • Allows you to take photos of your newly created MeeMee characters to your photos section and assign them as pictures in your iPhone contacts, save them as your personal iPhone background, email them to friends or send them to our website so other people can enjoy them.
    • Regular planned 'update packs' with more parts, suggested or requested by users.
    • Regular competitions where the best MeeMee submissions get the chance to win cool prizes!

I've put a video (albeit not super quality) on www.meemeeapp.com :)

Comment, suggestions or similar are always welcome and appreciated as I'd like to make this as fun a program as possible!

The first competition should be up in a weeks time or so (I'm thinking probably itunes gift cards), so if you want to participate, please take the chance to get this while it's on sale!

Thanks for looking guys!

2. Haephestos

Haephestos Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2008
    That looks pretty cool!

3. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I was looking at this at the appstore, interesting.....

4. TripleJ

TripleJ Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Cheers :) If you do try it out, please let me know your thoughts! Been working really hard on this and we're interested in working very closely with the users to ensure they're getting the best possible experience from it. There are some pretty cool additional features coming up as well, but any comments are much appreciated!

5. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    Now I am curious...

TripleJ - I'm curious because your Toucharcade user name is TripleJ. This makes me think of a radio station - Tripple J. Are you an Aussie?

Looks like you've made an interesting app. It's certainly something different.

6. TripleJ

TripleJ Member

Nov 25, 2008
    #6 TripleJ, Nov 25, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2008
    Haha, yeah, I am indeed Aussie :) (hence the surfboard bg available in the app ;) ) Thank you for the compliment as well. We've got a tonne of really cool ideas for this if it takes off so I'm hoping for peoples support and so far it's been great :D Can't wait for people to send me some of their creations!

7. Haephestos

Haephestos Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2008
    Aussies FTW!

8. TripleJ

TripleJ Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Has anyone tried it out yet? I'm dieing to see what people come up with and to get some feedback on the app :)

9. silversp00n

silversp00n New Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Quite Cool! Made a picture for the girlfriend and she loved it :D She thinks I made it by myself :p

10. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Anyone else given this a shot or figured different things to do with created characters?

11. TripleJ

TripleJ Member

Nov 25, 2008
    #11 TripleJ, Nov 27, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2008
    The uses that our team found for ourselves were assigning them as pictures in your iPhone contacts, saving them as your personal iPhone background, emailing them to friends or send them to our website so other people can enjoy them (the first competition should launch shortly as well, so if you're talented your MeeMee could win you some cool prizes). But since the characters are exported as pngs you could put them on your computer and use them for pretty much anything :)

12. bonbon11

bonbon11 New Member

Nov 26, 2008
    looks great! yesterday i bought "Dress up" and its nearly the same kind, but the dresses are freaky

13. TripleJ

TripleJ Member

Nov 25, 2008
    MobiRiot.com has given us a video review of 8/10. At this link
    It's a great little walkthrough so people can get a feel of the app as well, if you're on the fence about buying it.

14. mek

mek Well-Known Member

post yourcreations here? i want to see what the app can do
    how is the interface?

15. TripleJ

TripleJ Member

Nov 25, 2008
    #15 TripleJ, Nov 28, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2008
    [​IMG]
    is made using the program, and there are some user submitted creations on the gallery page of the website :)
    Please feel free to email me any creations you make and I'll put it on the gallery page :)

16. alza

alza Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Indeed :)

17. alza

alza Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    This is very cool.

I've just bought it, and quickly made a few Mees for my most common contacts.
    It's really fun, and there're enough options to make it reasonably reflect the actual person.
    For example, there are ten (well, that's all I've found so far) types of ears, eyes, hair, tops, pants, accessories and so on. Most of these categories you can adjust the colour of each thing as well.
    Very fun.
    Excellent work dev.
    It's good to see someone make a different type of app, especially one so polished.
    I know this is greedy, but you did ask for feedback, so how about adding another five in each category with an update?
    That would be really cool

18. TripleJ

TripleJ Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Thanks for the compliments :) I'm glad you enjoy the program!
    We are doing the groundwork for adding more parts at the moment and in the near future we'll add a poll on the website so people can vote for what type of parts they'd prefer in the next update. Lots of good stuff and some cool new features planned as well, but adding more parts is definitely on the top of the list! :)

19. alza

alza Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Excellent. Mine will be the five-star review in the Australian App Store :)

20. nickels

nickels Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Web Developer / Designer
    PA, USA
    Having not tried it out of course I have an opinion...

How about making a part creator for the artistic folks here. Some simple drawing tools and a few guides and that would add endless fun to this app. If this is too difficult, how about an part importer so we can make our own using PC programs and upload them to the phone (somehow)?

Great concept - once I get some extra $$$ I'll check it out.