Universal MechCom 2 - 3D RTS (by Game Dev Team)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, May 15, 2016.

1. scape211

scape211 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Graphic Designer
    I was always hoping they would make more of this game. It was simple, but also elegant. Its stepped up in some nice ways and could easily be expounded upon more.

And even though there is no MP, i'd take this over the garbage that is Clash of Clans and Boom Beach any day. It astounds me as what passes as a mobile RTS style strategy game these days.

2. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Forgive me, haha, I've become more of an infrequent lurker.

And with that, I've also been playing less and become much more stingy! What does this have that the first doesn't? They were definitely a bit brief with the app description (per usual)

3. supersab

supersab New Member

May 18, 2016
    Loving the game so far.

Question, what is the point of controlling the beacons?

4. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Nothing special

5. scape211

Jun 20, 2012
    Graphic Designer
    If its just a beacon (meaning no build areas or resources), nothing other than field of vision.

I think the previous mech com had a bit more purpose for them, but i could be wrong.

6. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    They added a skirmish mode which is all I wanted from the first one. Especially for a buck!

Yeah I've definitely become more a lurker as well. Even after getting a console I still go back to mobile which has surprised me.

7. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    This is so true.

8. supersab

supersab New Member

May 18, 2016
    awesome thanks.

Another thing that I don't get. On Domination, certain "Zones" have More resource or less, same with technology. Also the progress bars below the map. What do these numbers actually mean?

9. scape211

Jun 20, 2012
    Graphic Designer
    The bars for each map have different numbers due to how much progress they give you. So if the area you fighting for has 40 resources and 25% tech, that means if you beat the level and take that spot, you get 40 more resources at the start of each battle and your tech bar fills up on the bottom by 25%.

And thats what those bottom bars are - they show you how many starting resources you have and how much percentage of your gauge is filled until the next tech upgrade you have are. Generally its a good idea to go for spots that help you with certain strategies; if you need a fast start, go for high resource locations. If you need stronger tech, go for spots with higher tech upgrade percentage. Hopefully that makes sense....kinda surprised that dont tell you any of this in game at all.

Side note - the game just got updated with MP! I tried it but it wont really search for opponents yet. Probably because their are none yet. Hopefully peeps will update soon and start trying it!