MC5 - TA Squad

Discussion in 'MMO Codes and 'Add Me' Requests' started by oscar123967, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Lemmonz

Lemmonz Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2014
    I got added! I got added! I got added! OMG OMG *faints*

2. dribblejam

dribblejam Well-Known Member

May 11, 2012
    IBM Employee
    Dribblejam

Would love to be part of a more "popular" squad. And if it makes it any better, I'm not a whining 12 year old that's banged everyone's mom;p

3. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    #43 oscar123967, Jul 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
    Guys if I miss your name by accident please pm me.

The leader has total control of who is in their squad, not me. So if asked (by a leader), I'll move players around in and out of squads to make room for friends/other players. The leaders can choose who gets moved out of their squad and who stays. If removed, you can choose which squad you'd like to be in. I am simply just making a "first come, first serve" list.

The TA alpha squad is not final. I'll remove the last person that requested (or someone specific) if Rip wishes to invite a friend to his squad.

4. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Basically we will mix and match around players if we get decent numbers that exceed the allowable 20 just to balance out the squads.
    Of course we are not at the 20 yet so obviously we are close to a full squad but if the thread gets some higher numbers coming before release we will balance the teams out better just so everybody is on an equal footing and nobody has an advantage on numbers for now.

It'll probably mean needing some more team leaders to create a squad but we will cross that bridge when we come to it.
    I'm sure plenty of you guys would be up for that and once I've done it myself, I'll guide ye through it.

I'd personally just like it to be fair and balanced. I'm probably over thinking it but I don't want to leave anyone out in the cold either as ye do seem like a genuinely keen bunch and I'd rather not see one team have a numbers advantage over another.
    If ya know what I mean.
    I hope that's okay with everyone.

5. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Fine with me! We sort of lumped you with being the leader of the first squad!

6. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    My GC is Xanthus86

I've done it before on many other games but I don't like to unless I know what I'm talking about and being a MC noob happy to be a follower for now.

7. Lemmonz

Lemmonz Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2014
    Oops, I meant to out my GC name in as LemmonZ_

Sorry

8. dribblejam

dribblejam Well-Known Member

May 11, 2012
    IBM Employee
    You can add my brother and my cousin if you'd like. For the last two slots in the first 20.
    Sabie1413
    Humanbullet

9. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    Sorry :/ we're trying to make these squads exclusive to TA members. Nothing against them, its just that adding them would defeat the purpose of the whole idea.

10. Paul202

Paul202 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    School
    MI, USA
    #50 Paul202, Jul 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
    I don't want to sound too harsh, but if the squad feature really picks up and we have ~100 people wanting to be in a TA squad, maybe we should have one "alpha" squad with the best of the best for any sort of official gaming event gameloft does. The entry into this squad would be determined by stats and activity, so only the best and active players would get in.

Edit: just read rips post above, if people don't like my idea than his idea of having multiple squads with about the same skill level is pretty good.

Also, Oscar, would you mind including a thing in the first post about how if you send a friend request include the fact that you're from TA, or for MC5 squads. I ignore requests unless I know who the person is, so if someone sends me ine and I don't recognize their name than I will most likely ignore it.

11. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    #51 oscar123967, Jul 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
    We'll think about that when/if the time comes :)

Sure! Hows this:

Everyone does not have to add eachother through GameCenter. I know GC's integration can be quite annoying at times & having a larger friends list can only increase the annoyance. When the game launches everyone can add each other through the in-game servers; that way everyone won't have to be in your GameCenter friends list, but rather just your MC5 friends list.

We are just taking everyone's GameCenter so that Rip can have an easier time adding people to the squad. If he has everyone added, he'll be able to easily access everyone's profile and immediately invite them to the squad right at launch.

12. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    I was thinking that depending on the events etc it would probably be worth having the best people in one team. But then what Rip said makes sense, it would probably be more fun, and everyone would improve if they were similar in skill level.

13. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    Yeah, but I assume the events won't really have a great beneficial reward. Maybe just an attachment and a gun, which I'm sure I would have unlocked already since I'm going to play the game non-stop! They'll probably just end up being something for the players who buy the game late

14. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    True... Although if the Asphalt tournaments are anything to go buy, there may be content exclusive (for a short time anyway) to te winners.

15. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    Yeah but since its a freemium game the rewards are way more beneficial. But I am curious to see what exactly we can gain from the events. The rewards could possibly be worth competing for, who knows :)

16. paulkolin86

paulkolin86 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2012
    Gamecenter : PaulKolin86
    My highest KDR in MC4 was 4.75
    Wanna cooperate with TA members as much as I can.
    I hope You guys remember me.
    Greetz from Poland!

kolin

17. Gameloft_Ryan

Gameloft_Ryan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    Thanks for leaving me a spot! My GC ID is Compeh486.

Shoot me a PM when you send over the GC friend request and I'll be sure to hop on and accept it!

18. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    GC: F34RTEHR34PER

I'm in!

19. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    That's team 1 Hooked up.
    I'll send out GC requests over the weekend.
    Be sure to accept.

For the next team up, be sure and check out Bnates video on you tube as the way to set up a squad is in the last two minutes or so.
    You must be GC friends first for it to work and your friends to have the game.

20. 2close4missiles

2close4missiles Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2014
    Jared's Personal Beard Comber
    On Jared's Chin
    ANDROID USERS: I am creating a MC5 squad for all you non-apple users. If you would like to join there is a thread under the MMO Codes and 'Add Me' section. Thanks!