Universal Mazes of Karradash 2 (by Federico Fanelli)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by 68kStudios, May 16, 2016.

1. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Ah, that's good to know and already sounds more promising than your earlier refusal. Perhaps it's a language thing but initially it sounded like you were completely ruling out the possibility of cloud saves. I do understand the limitations you have being a solo developer and I know your resources are finite but even the promise of putting it on a 'to-do' list for further down the line can be enough to sway some peoples decision to buy.

So is it possible for me to transfer my own save files between devices so I can continue to play? And if so, could you tell me what the file path location is please?

And by the way, good game - really enjoying it and a massive improvement over the first one! #

2. 68kStudios

68kStudios Active Member

Right now, you can't find a simple "save file" due to the structure of the game, sorry!

3. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Oh, ok - that's a shame. Thanks for replying anyway. Cheers

4. Roxton

Roxton Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 30, 2015
    #24 Roxton, May 29, 2016
    Last edited: May 29, 2016
    Ohh, this game is clever. At first, it seems like a Doom-style find-the-lever-to-proceed game, with secret doors providing bonuses. But the key stones, the areas accessible only from inter-level gates, more involved layouts, and the need for momentum add surprising levels of depth. Props to the developer for throwing players a bone on Level 13.

When I saw the upgrade system, I thought it would be a grind, but I was able to make great progress with fairly early gear. I almost look forward to dying, just so I can see what I get.

Have any good community forums for the game popped up yet, or is this thread likely to be the go-to place for that kind of thing?

5. 68kStudios

68kStudios Active Member

I do not have a forum on my website yet, but I read this thread constantly.

6. Tulki

Tulki Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Think I found a minor bug:

When you're resting, you have a chance to be caught off-guard by enemies, and you enter the fight confused. However, if you're resting and an enemy catches you, you can tap to interrupt the rest just as the skull pops up to avoid being confused. If you do this, the enemy will give no experience or gold.

I'm not sure if it's intended that you can interrupt resting just before the fight starts, and I don't think it's intended that they won't give experience when you do that either.

7. Roxton

Roxton Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 30, 2015
    Another very minor bug(?). You can't defend or wait when your ally is next in the queue.

Got the first (red), second (cyan), and fourth (green) gems. Anybody want to spoil me on the location of the third? :D

8. 68kStudios

68kStudios Active Member

#28 68kStudios, May 30, 2016
    Last edited: May 30, 2016
    no they are not intended, thanks for your feedback

I'll fix it in the next update, Thanks
    About the gem...visit the tavern in Karradash and pay some drinks ;)

9. Roxton

Roxton Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 30, 2015
    Phew, finished.

I think my growing stock of potions made the difficulty curve just a little too shallow. If I recall correctly, my first character to breach level 5 made it to level 20 and defeated the end boss. Dwarf brawler, four levels in HP potions, a low-tier battleaxe, ring of wrath, steel buckler, one level in SP potions, four levels in farms, and that's about it. Still, I very much enjoyed the dungeon layouts.

10. davagorn

davagorn Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Quick tips for others who might be slow learners like me :)

1. You can hold down the attack icon (in easy battles) and things really speed up.

2. Yes, there are secrets on the walls...so don't simply navigate by the mini map alone.

11. whodawhanow

whodawhanow Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2010
    Having trouble with the colored wall gems after red. Lotsa areas in the game (level 8 for example) where there are hallways but no secret door or invisible wall mechanics so not sure what I am missing.

Any help?

12. 68kStudios

68kStudios Active Member

Ver. 1.1 will be available next week.

Change log:

- If you kill Asmodeus on "Nightmare" difficulty, you will unlock a new race and another difficulty level
    - New Race: Demigod
    - New Difficulty Level: Inferno (+400% Enemy's Power, +300% XP and Gold)
    - You can now kill you character from the options screen to easily start with a new one

13. istara

istara Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    I'm also absolutely loving this game. I have to keep "suiciding" to go back and use my coins etc to upgrade.

I'm also stuck on some of those hidden areas. I've been screenshotting the maps and viewing them on my laptop while I play on my iPhone, and there are some areas I just cannot reach.

* Level 4 - the area to the far east with the teleporter
    * Level 6 - several of the cut-off areas in the south west

I'm also stuck on the golden ball but I'll try the tavern hint next time I die!

One feature suggestion: when you move to a new level, if you've been there before, maybe have the option of returning to an earlier level? I know you can "suicide" and do this, but it would be nice to go backwards if possible.

14. 68kStudios

68kStudios Active Member

Some areas are accessible only from red gates (that brings you back in previous levels, but in new areas that were inaccessible before).

EX: to explore the far east zone in Level 4, you have to find the red gate in Level 6.

15. istara

istara Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Woo hoo - I finished the game!

However I feel a bit of a fraud because I discovered what is presumably a glitch on Level 19: a stat fountain that gives infinite stats.

[​IMG]

This rather let me walk through the last sections and battles with my eyes closed, but there you are! I still won ;)

BRILLIANT game and I can't wait for Karradash 3!

16. 68kStudios

68kStudios Active Member

Thank you for your bug report.
    I'll fix it so you can try to beat the game on higher difficulty :D

17. WilliamH

WilliamH New Member

Jul 31, 2016
    First I have a small request. A Rogue of mine just killed the last boss in nightmare difficulty, after playing some time in inferno I noticed the gold bonus doesn't seem to work ; I get much more gold in nightmare. Also while playing Inferno i started with a necromancer directly in level 13, when I killed the boss in level 14 I earned enough XP to level up from chlvl 8 to 10 but didn't get the stat pointÂ… maybe it's the class I don't know.

That said I really liked the first Karradash, and really love this new episode, bit deeper with same spirit (maybe the closest thing to one of my childhood favorite game "Land of lore" :p which was actually more punishing with errors/bad choices and death)

18. 68kStudios

68kStudios Active Member

#38 68kStudios, Jul 31, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
    thank you, I'll fix these bugs in the next update

EDIT: There was an issue if you increase the Max SP on level 5/10/15/20 ecc...you could get the stat point only when increasing Max HP.

Fixed the Gold and XP bonus on Inferno difficulty too.

19. WilliamH

WilliamH New Member

Jul 31, 2016
    Thank you for the swift response and bug fix ! (Indeed I was increasing SP on the necro)

20. 68kStudios

68kStudios Active Member

I will publish the update the next week, so please have a little more patient ;)