Universal MAYHEM! - 2D Arcade Game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by deadjam, Feb 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deadjam

deadjam Well-Known Member

May 9, 2010
    Male
    Digital Designer
    London, UK
    You're against the clock and the Zone (fixed camera, top down) and you must collect as much cash as possible to make it through to the next Zone. The goal being to make it through to the Endless Zone for a place in the MAYHEM! Hall of Fame (otherwise know as Game Center :D).

2. DeadlySeriousMedia

DeadlySeriousMedia Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Arizona
    Is this going to be like Smash TV?

3. deadjam

May 9, 2010
    Male
    Digital Designer
    London, UK
    You got it, MAYHEM! does have some of the Smash TV vibe for sure. However, it's a smaller game, being my first one and all and as I wanted to get something out there instead of being in development for years. The contestant (player) doesn't have a gun and there are no enemies to kill - the Zone is the enemy!

I never set out to make a game inspired by Smash TV, as I said in a previous post my influences were The Running Man and Rollerball for the backstory but as I'm sure you know, they arguably inspired Smash TV and Speedball games so I've drawn on both films and Smash TV to come up with MAYHEM!

4. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    lol nice underwear :p

5. AParachutingFrog

AParachutingFrog Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    This based on anyone? :)

6. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    ...wow! o_O
    The dev was kind enough to give me a promo code, and after a few tries I can safely say that this game is HARD. Like, super duper HARDY HARD HARD.
    ...and then I saw what highscore I needed to unlock the second zone xD.
    It's a fun game with that true 'one more time' feel, and I refuse to let just the first zone get the better of me... :D
    Graphics are nice, but feel somehow inconsistent? I'm not exactly sure what it is, everything by themselves feels good but there's something which doesn't quite flow through the entire game... or maybe it's just my terrible eyesight xP
    Gameplay is quick, simple, fast and fun. To use a cliche, easy to learn but ****ing hard to master. Very hard!

It's a fun brutal twitch game. Highly recommended when it releases. :)

7. deadjam

May 9, 2010
    Male
    Digital Designer
    London, UK
    #27 deadjam, Feb 25, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
    Thanks for the feedback TheGreatEscaper all comments are welcome. This being my first game I have a lot to learn and the journey has just started :D

Now I better head over to the iPhone and iPad Games section and start a thread seen as the game has been out in the UK since 8am today.