Universal Maximum Car (by Ancient Games DS)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Oct 5, 2016.

1. teaandcheese

teaandcheese Member

Jun 2, 2015
    Hey Billy

So glad you're enjoying the game dude.

And thanks for the bug reports. "MAXIMISING" should be permanent so we'll try to get that fixed asap.

The good news is that you CAN turn off the VO guy and the game does have iCloud saving!

From the home screen click the icon in the TOP LEFT corner of the screen.

There you can turn off VO guy, SFX, music and even takedown cams (If you're insane) individually.

Also, you can turn on iCloud saving!

Coin doubler idea is great and may get stolen! haha

Thanks again for playing dude and super happy you're enjoying it.

Cheers,
    J

2. teaandcheese

teaandcheese Member

Jun 2, 2015
    No you're not missing anything, that sounds like a bug. We'll look into it!
    Thanks for letting us know!
    J

3. teaandcheese

teaandcheese Member

Jun 2, 2015
    Hi,
    Yeah we've had a few reports about this.
    We optimised as much as we could but like Billy said there's a lot going on.
    Only thing I can suggest is that you close down and big apps you have running in the background and we'll try to optimise further in future if we can.
    Sorry dude, hope that helps.
    J

4. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #24 LordShad0wz, Oct 9, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
    I didn't even see that option lol. I'm embarrassed I missed it. Thank you for pointing out the voice over and iCloud options. The thing is maybe there should be a manual upload and download then perhaps I wouldn't have lost that 50,000 cash.

Should I try upgrading the Genesis again and see what happens as an experiment or wait to see what you find out? I do have 63,000 cash on hand.

So you know I gotta ask. What is your favorite vehicle? What is the teams favorite?

I gotta change my review lol

Edit- done. I left a nice 5 star review on the AppStore. I don't know when it will appear. You guys have earned it. This game just really clicks with me. Now get to adding that cash doubler. I'll buy it. I like those pre race boosts too much lol.

Billy

5. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Any thoughts about mixing it up? Having 20 straight races with the same mission gets a little old.

I honestly love this game and was put off initially by the pricing structure. Would have felt so much better about the game if was asked to just pay $1.99 off the bat vs only having 3 races every four hours.

That said, I bought the 100 race pack just to see how much I'd play and go from there.

Great job on this game as it controls great and the concept for car unlocks is cool.

6. hvianna

hvianna Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    #26 hvianna, Oct 9, 2016
    Bug report: I performed a takedown right at the finish line and got stuck with no options on screen. The VO guy keeps talking and I can still steer my car. The name of the car I've took down was displayed on screen for a while, then I crashed and it went away (this was all after actually finishing the race, while in front camera mode - see attached picture). Had to force close.

I just unlocked Explosion World and it's pretty awesome!

Attached Files:

7. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Oh god Hvianna's here guys. You might as well give up on the leaderboards now. Lol

Billy

8. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #28 LordShad0wz, Oct 9, 2016
    I unlocked the Sci-fi tracks. I absolutely do not like whatever that effect is underneath all of the cars. It's just a distraction. I don't like it at all. I wish we could turn that off. I love everything else. Everything else in these tracks are awesome. But please in an update could you please add an option to turn off whatever effect that is underneath all of the cars?

Also I have a question. Why doesn't the AI use rockets against us ? It would be an awesome game mechanic if we had a missile lock on warning and had to dodge the guy behind us. Can you guys do this? Think about it.

Billy

Btw what's funny is I ended up turning the voice over guy back on. Playing without the commentary felt like something was missing lol. We will NOT be exchanging information!

9. hvianna

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    For me the effect helps detecting cars in the oncoming lanes due to the different colors.

BTW, I haven't checked how I stand on this game's leaderboards, but I probably suck actually. Been playing just for the great fun of takedowns and explosions! (Makes me miss the old days of playing Burnout on my now dead PS3)

10. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #30 LordShad0wz, Oct 9, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
    Ok,

For giggles I spent another $50,000 maximizing the Genesis. I raced with it. Switched cars to speed warrior. Raced. Switched back to the Genesis. It's still maximized. I raced again. I closed the game out with the Genesis equipped.

I reload the game and BAM the Genesis is no longer maximized AGAIN and the game kept the money.

I suggest no one maximize the Genesis until it gets fixed. As soon as you close the game it will forget the Genesis is maximized.

I've had no issues with any other car. All of the other 11 I have maximized have stayed maximized. Only the Genesis is a problem. Why does it cost $50,000 to maximize anyways? It's missiles sometimes need several hits to take out enemy cars. All of the other cars are $5,000 to maximize.

Billy

11. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I unlocked the Explosion tracks. I have to agree completely with Hvianna! More tracks like this please. They are kick ass fun!

Billy

12. CzarBrain

CzarBrain Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Read this and sure enough my own genesis reverted back to unmaximized. Sad. It was spry as f@$".

Plz fix

13. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I'm glad it's not just me. I mean it's not good you lost 50k but you know what I mean. So it must be a problem with that car specifically.

I'm telling you get the Speed Warrior. You will love that car. It's absolutely worth the $1.

Billy

14. teaandcheese

teaandcheese Member

Jun 2, 2015
    Hey dude,
    Yeah that was actually the plan initially but time/money meant we have to go with the mission system we have now.
    If we do ever do a big update multiple missions per race would be top of our list of cool new feature.
    Glad you're enjoy the game!
    J

15. teaandcheese

teaandcheese Member

Jun 2, 2015
    No worries dude! Glad that helped.
    I really like genesis as it's the first one I drew. Six Feet Under is cool as it was initially the Ecto 1 from Ghostbusters. But my favourite is probably Noisy Cricket. Really love that car and it's fun to drive.
    The most popular with people so far are Black Chill and Levictus.
    Oh and thanks so much for the review!
    J

16. teaandcheese

teaandcheese Member

Jun 2, 2015
    Hey dude,
    Yup we've had a few reports of this bug and are looking into it.
    Thanks for the heads up and glad you're enjoying explosion world!
    Best,
    J

17. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #37 LordShad0wz, Oct 12, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
    You better do a big update! This is a damn awesome game! Plus I love the dev behind I fight bears. I'm a huge fan. I knew this was going to be an awesome game when I saw that splash screen. You guys have made a great game. I really really love the artwork and the car designs and the combat.

You need to make the AI shoot us back and have a lock on effect so we know when to dodge. It would add such an amazing gameplay element. Think about it.

I was thinking about the tracks. I love the variety but what about adding a track with giant loops. Like a big rollercoaster. Man that would be so kick ass.

Again if you add a permanent coin doubler I'll buy it. It's a done deal for me. Make sure the coin doubler also effects the opt in ads at the end of the races as a bonus. It would give incentive to watch the ads. I've seen this in other games and it definitely makes me watch the ads.

Add the ability to unlock, via in game currency, all the tracks in infinity mode. Make them increasingly expensive. This would drive the need for the currency doubler.

More upgrades. You need to work in more types of upgrades using in game currency. The more you give us to do and achieve the more we will play and watch ads. If you gave us the ability to customize the colors of the cars, paying for it with in game currency it would be awesome. People love this in car games. I know I do.

And btw I myself, for some reason, really love that first car, The Genesis. It's why I'm willing to pay the $50,000 to maximize it a 3rd time when you guys fix it. I love the design. You did a great job on it. I just wish it's missiles were a bit stronger. It takes multiple hits to take out enemies. Maybe in an update you can fix that too. (Hint hint) lol

Lastly I'd love to be able to share stuff on Twitter and other social media. I have a lot of devs and players on my Twitter that like seeing my gaming stuff. It would definitely get your game more visibility and I like doing it. Perhaps you could work on doing this? Perhaps saving an action screen from the last race with my score?

Billy

18. hvianna

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    Hey Billy

Not sure if you tried this already, but if you pay 1000 coins to maximize the missiles before each race, your car gets to shoot three missiles at once! Pretty f*cking sweet!

Spent a lot of coins with this, I wish we could make it permanent lol

19. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I do it before every race now. It really is. And the boost is great too.

Billy

20. finndc

finndc Well-Known Member

I really love this. Primarily because the voiceover guy makes me consistently laugh out loud. How many individual lines did you guys record? Every time I think I've heard them all he slays me with a new line :)

It feels great too, the power-sliding gives me the same satisfying feeling of motion as the Skiing in Skiing Yeti Mountain...