Mavenfall - CCG Battle Tactics from the makers of Fable Age

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by blueteagames, Sep 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blueteagames

blueteagames Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2014
    #1 blueteagames, Sep 17, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
    [​IMG]

Hey Touch Arcade forumites! Thank you all for being such big supporters of our last game, Fable Age. We're gearing up to announce our next game, and wanted to give you a first look before anybody else. :)

Mavenfall is a card battle game with (what we believe to be) a truly unique twist: you'll assemble your own team of heroes and each hero will have their own deck of cards to draw from. Mavenfall provides all the fun of deck building but with different decks tied to each hero - so you'll be able to try out different combinations without rebuilding your deck every time you want to try a different strategy.

The game is primarily built around PVP, with matches typically lasting 5-8 minutes. Every maven plays differently, giving you countless ways to strategize your mix of heroes (and their mix of cards). We'll be launching worldwide this Fall, but have entered into soft launch in New Zealand and Ireland starting today.

We've been working on this one for a long time, and would love to hear what you think. We really tried to hit on a formula that would provide something fresh, yet deeply satisfying for fans of the genre. We really think we've done it, and we hope you will too. Thanks everyone!

(And of course, no announcement would be complete without a trailer):

2. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Awesome. Love fable age and loving mavenfall now, it's something new than the clones out there.

Just to check, is the game progress backup through Gamecenter?

3. blueteagames

Apr 4, 2014
    Thanks Kenken!

There's no clones out there, this is pretty much on it's own right now with it's own depth and strategy.

And yes, it will auto backup using Gamecenter :)

4. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    So if we get this with our NZ accounts, the progress will carry over when it releases world wide and we download in our respective countries?

5. blueteagames

Apr 4, 2014
    Absolutely! And if you do give it a try from your NZ acct, we'd love to hear what you think.

6. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Hi Dev, I just got the first 2 character and tried to delete the game and reinstall to see if the progress is saved but on my reinstall, I was told to replay from the scatch.

So how does the progess get saved?

7. blueteagames

Apr 4, 2014
    Hey Kenken, our next update will do the game center auto backup (will be live within next few weeks). Right now the process is manual, you can let us know your previous username and we can link it back to your device.

8. Psylance

Psylance Active Member

Sep 18, 2015
    Hi, I'm playing the game from Canada and loving it. I don't love the stamina (cough, money grab, cough) but I really like the game play and art style. I think you really nailed it. Even the stamina, which was terrible in the (tiny) adventure portion of the game, isn't really that bad in the Arena. In the adventure it kept running out quickly because you can finish the match fast and it cost 2 stamina each time. But with the arena costing only 1 stamina and the matches going longer, I rarely have to wait. I would strongly suggest that you remove the stamina for the adventure. I don't see what point it has there. It almost turned me off playing the game, which would have been a real shame. It also resulted in me giving the app a slightly lower rating in the app store than I would have otherwise.

Question: I would love to play this on both my ipad and iphone using the same account. Do I understand from what you've said above that this will be possible with the next update?

Question: I'm completely stuck at the beginning of the final path (the last four locations in the center of the screen) of the adventure mode on level II. I was able to fly through everything else but my cards are just not powerful enough to beat this level after over 10 tries. Do I need to make changes to my deck for the three figures I've been assigned for this level?

9. Psylance

Psylance Active Member

Sep 18, 2015
    Update: Just beat the level I was having problems with, the first level where you get the voodoo sorceress. Don't know how I managed it. Finished the next level first try. There's definitely an odd difficulty spike with that one level.

10. Diverge

Diverge Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2013
    Do you have any promo codes for people in states to play? I don't have a foreign account.