Universal Master of Dungeon [by PLAYBEAN][KRPG]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by strivemind, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Zenfar

Zenfar Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Male
    Developer
    http://www.zenfar.com
    Atrocious

I have often wonder if atrocious dialog is bad or does it add to the charm of these type of RPGs?

2. Superatomic

Superatomic Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Look we don't give a crap if they stole the music. Is the game fun? There are a glut of krpgs these days.. Does this one stand above the crowd or is it average?

On a related note, wouldn't it be great if the etrian odyssey series on DS was ported to iOS?
    We need some good first person RPGs.

3. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Ugh...Engrish.

4. kazcat42

kazcat42 Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Impressions: this game is buggy, like really really bad. Ivan replicate crashes just trying to access menus in the first town. When in a dungeon they work fine. There is IAP for many things like skill resets, protection against loss when upgrading, bag slots ect. D-Pad is used in menus (you can tap as well) Translation/ spacing is confusing and distracting. There are only 3 classes, warrior, assassin and Mage. There is no tutorial, though for rpg fans you won't need one.

Graphics, with the exception of icons are great, speed is fast. The devs know about the games issues and are working on them. This game OOZES potential, I just feel like I am playing a beta. Once the issues are fixed this game will be worth every penny and more, as long as the IAP isn't to forceful.

5. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    An update is out, so perhaps those bugs are fixed. I haven't spent much time with the game yet, so I don't know how bad they were (or whether IAP are a big issue). The game does look really good, and the 360 controls and smooth animation set it apart from other KRPGs (except CrimsomHeart). One I beat Heroes in Time I will definitely put some time into it.

6. kazcat42

Jun 15, 2009
    I am pretty sure that it isn't live yet. I have no updates from the app store and my game is still nearly unplayably crashy. Pretty sure it is not my device since I have 1.8Gb free, have restarted my device and closed all multitasking apps and it still crashes.

I am still glad I got it since they are promising compensation, but I think I will wait to play for a while until the bugs are fixed.

If anyone has questions about the game please ask and I will do my best to answer them.

7. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    The update is already out in the US.

What device do you have?

8. kazcat42

Jun 15, 2009
    iPod touch 4g 8Gb runnIng 5.2

9. Superatomic

Superatomic Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Well that explains it right there. I can't count the number of games that are buggy on iPod..I bet it runs great on iPhone 4.

10. Kildar

Kildar Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Destroying all enemies with splendid blowing

One of the best come-ons for an app that I've seen. Will definitely grab this one and get as much blowing as I can. lol

11. Tyra

Tyra Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2011
    Illustration & Graphic Designs
    Germany
    I Vote for Etrian Odyssey!! #

12. CharlieChoi

CharlieChoi New Member

Jul 20, 2012
    It's good

It's awesome!!

13. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Picked this game up, and it's all i've been playing today. It does look to rival Crimsonheart, but i still have to see more of this game.

The only downside people may not bite is the $4 price tag that still sports some IAP.

14. The Son of Anarchy

The Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    I was looking forward to 'destroying enemies with splendid blowing' but the description says it won't work on 3GS... or does it say it will work on one? I can't tell...

15. >:D

>:D Active Member

Mar 14, 2012
    "Destroying all enemies with splendid blowing"
    Buying the game just for that. :D

16. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    This post is too random to be here, but if there was a port for EO and EO2 for the iOS, id be glad to hand over up to $15 for it.

17. chanandler

chanandler Member

Apr 19, 2010
    I am the Director of Aesthetics and Cosmicatology.
    UK
    I really like playing games with blowing, I try to get at least one good blow in a day!

18. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

Actually, the devs of Etrian Odyssey did just announce this week that they will be making (or porting?) a game of the series to smartphones. Who knows if we'll see an English translation...

19. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I did play EO and EO2 on the DS, so im sure translation wont be a problem... Hopefully.

20. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    I don't have to remind folks that this conversation about Etrian Odyssey is off topic... ;)