Universal Master of Craft (by IDEABOXGAMES)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Lunacy182

Lunacy182 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Could you name a few of the good ones. I'm always looking for fun games like this one and can never find any.
    I really wish people would make more of these type of games but most just seem to focus on the action. Running an item shop is fun too.

Haha. Same here. I had just one guy on my team for the longest time. I just keep enchanting his weapon with other weapons I got.

2. Tyror

Tyror Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Facebook doesnt seem to want to link for me. Until then Id like some friends for playing. Search and add Tyror if you get a minute. Thanks!!

3. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    #43 TRB4, Jul 2, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
    Just thought that I would chime in here with some of my advice and play style tips that I use, and hopefully spark some tips from other players as well.

First I have ALL my shops set to a +10% selling price ALWAYS. Because in this game your items will ALWAYS sell eventually, so by setting a higher selling price you can make more money, albeit at a 50% slower rate, but I am patient.

Second, as a way to offset my first tip a bit I decided to save my jewels up and spent 60 on a Trade Center administrative building. It quickens gear sale by 10%. Luckily this 10% bonus is additive and not multiplicative, so at a +10% markup my items only sell 40% slower than normal (if it was multiplicative than they would sell 45% slower.)

ALWAYS purchase your materials from the traders in town when you can (unless there is a markup.) When you buy from a trader you get the materials instantly, no wait timers, also you can usually purchase the materials below the amount that it would have cost you to make them yourself. I have seen their prices range from -11% to +20%. If you NEED the material for a current User Quest (even Material Production Quests, they count!) or for the item that you're crafting and selling, then buy that material from any trader selling it for 0% or less. If you don't need the material, I personally suggest buying any material you can afford if it is being sold for -9% or less, because you will most likely need it eventually.

However, NEVER buy Guild Quest items from the traders, even at -10%, because it is very easy to just go earn them yourself at the Guild. Plus you'll get money from the quest and you'll get more treasure items to make weapons. Activity points are SO easy to get by crafting gear or more likely from a trader that will fill all your points for free. So there is no reason to not be questing for your Guild Quest items.

Make friends, it is incredibly easy and doesn't require you to bother any of your real life friends with annoying game invites. Simply tap the icon in the lower right of the main game screen to extend the menu items, then tap the icon with the blue circle and single person on it. In the friend screen tap the 3rd tab, the one with the magnifying glass on it. This is a list of people who are already playing the game, so asking them to be your friend won't annoy them. Just tap the green icon next to someone's nickname to send them a friend request, then just leave that tab and come back and you'll have a new list of players to friend, repeat as necessary. Personally I only send invites to players level 10 or higher because I feel that at that point they've put enough time into the game that they'll keep playing. Since this is a free game I assume many people will try it, get to level 5 or so and then delete the game. But feel free to friend everyone if you want to. Each friend can assist you in one Guild Quest every 12 hours.

As far as generating money goes, I have found that just mass producing the highest value shield currently available to you in the Warrior Shop works pretty well. So far they just use a quest item and some metal. I just mass produce the metal 50 units at a time (50 copper -> 50 steel -> 50 mithril and repeat) and just spam the quest for the item I need. I spend as much as I can making the shields and when I am broke I take a break for a while. Check back in and collect all the shields and take another break if i am still broke, and when I come back I'll have 30,000 - 50,000 more money.

Now some of the areas in the game where I am hoping that someone else could help me with some tips.

Administrative buildings just don't seem to be very appealing to me, even the premium ones. With all 3 of the revenue producing buildings it takes 16 cycles to pay off the cost of the building. With the buildings that reduce timers they only reduce the timer by 5%, that means that it will save you 3 minutes for every hour, no thanks. So I am wondering, are there any buildings that anyone would actually suggest building? Other than the Trade Center of course.

The second thing that I am struggling with is the special gear crafting and enchanting. I understand it, but the costs seem ridiculous. The very minimal stat increases that you receive for enchanting a weapon don't seem equivalent to the cost of making all the other weapons that you need to feed the weapon to enchant it. It seems that the next tier of weapons greatly outclass even level 5 versions of the previous tier. So why not just focus on getting the next tier of weapons and completely ignoring the whole enchanting mechanic (unless needed for a User Quest)? Is there something that I am missing here?

4. Kimiko

Kimiko Member

May 29, 2014
    Is there any ways to get rid of the Ad?

5. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    #45 TRB4, Jul 3, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
    So while exploring Special Gear crafting and Enchanting some more, I have discovered that Enchanting provides seriously diminished returns.

So first thing to note it that in order to increase a weapon's stats you must "Enchant" it with other weapons in order to gain enough EXP to level up the weapon.

However, as you level up your weapons they require more and more EXP to level up. For example, a Lv.1 Rare requires 10 EXP to level up to Lv.2, and 20 more EXP after that to reach Lv.3. A Rare Lv.4 needs 50 EXP to reach Lv.5.

Now when you consume one weapon in order to Enchant another you receive EXP points from that weapon based ONLY on its Grade, NOT its Level. So a Lv.1 Rare gives you 10 EXP when consumed, and a Lv.4 Rare also only gives you 10 EXP when consumed. Even though you had already Enchanted the Lv.4 Rare with almost 100 EXP already.

Each Grade only gives you EXP equal to its Lv.2 upgrade cost. Therefore a Lv.1 Rare would level up to Lv.2 if fed 1 Rare Gear. Likewise a Lv.1 Epic would level up to Lv.2 if fed 1 Epic Gear. As stated before, the current level of the gear being consumed does NOT matter.

Rare Gear is worth 10 EXP
    Magic Gear is worth 40 EXP
    Epic Gear is worth 200 EXP

I haven't unlocked any Legendary or Infinity Gear yet, so I am unsure of their values.

Now to the point of diminishing returns, firstly the increase in stats that you receive when leveling a weapon up is no where near the increase that you would receive by just creating a higher Grade Grear. Secondly, the amount of EXP gained from a Gear vs. the cost and time required to create the Gear is skewed to favor the cheaper and quicker produced Gear.

For example:

To build a Rare Gear it requires that you get 30 treasure points in Area I to get a Rare Material and costs 1,000 to build the Rare Gear. Getting 30 treasure points would require you to win anywhere between 6 Easy battles or 3 Difficult battles in Area I. Once you have created your Rare Gear it is worth 10 EXP.

To build an Epic Gear it requires that you get 100 treasure points in Area III to get an Epic Material and costs 30,000 to build the Epic Gear. Getting 100 treasure points would require you to win anywhere between 20 Easy battles or 10 Difficult battles in Area III. Once you have created your Epic Gear it is worth 200 EXP.

Now even if we ignore the difficulty and time that it requires to get the Material required to craft the Gear and we ONLY focus on the cost, here is the breakdown:

Rare Gear - Cost 1,000 - Worth 10 EXP - Cost per EXP 100
    Magic Gear - Cost 5,000 - Worth 40 EXP - Cost per EXP 125
    Epic Gear - Cost 30,000 - Worth 200 EXP - Cost per EXP 150

So if you wanted to to level up a Lv.1 Epic Gear you could spend 20,000 using 20 pieces of Rare Gear, or spend 25,000 using 5 pieces of Magic Gear, or spend 30,000 using 1 piece of Epic Gear.

So as you can see, not only is it more difficult to earn the Material needed to create the higher Grade Gear, you also end up paying MORE per EXP when using those Gears to Enchant other Gear.

So in closing, Enchanting is not worth the increasing costs for the very minor stat increases that it provides. You are far better off just waiting until you can replace your Gear with a higher Grade. BUT if you are going to Enchant your Gear it is far quicker and cheaper to Enchant it with Rare Gear.

EDIT: I did not take into account the cost per enchant. Therefore, it is always cheapest to enchant each grade with the same grade.

For example, when taking in to account the 40,000 PER enchant fee for enchanting Legendary gear, it would cost a total of 4,100,000 to level it up from level 1 to level 2 if you used Rare Gear, however it would only cost a total of 240,000 if you used Legendary gear. So please disregard my calculations about lower gear being more economical.

However, I still stick by my stance that it is far better to go for higher grade gear than it is to enchant gear in the first place.

6. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    I feel like I am the only person that wants to talk about this game :( sadface

7. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    I'm wondering if the Potion Shop got cut from the game, or if it is "coming soon".

The only reference to the Potion Shop is in the Market Price tab. There are no Achievements listed for the Potion Shop, such as "Savior of the Potion".

But I am only level 22, so perhaps it unlocks later. Has anyone unlocked the Potion Shop yet?

8. tmdr

tmdr Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Im lv 24 and so far and i did look for my self online for how to obtain the potion store and so far nothing but im wondering if you have to have the other shops and production shops to a certain level.

9. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Well at Lv 25 you unlock the Alchemist's House, so the Potion Shop could still be unlocked later.

I am currently Lv 26 (85% towards Lv. 27) and I have every production building (both material and gear) maxed out at level 5. I also have all Guild areas open and have 10 administration buildings (with a couple maxed out at level 3). So I don't think the Potion Shop has any special unlock criteria other than the typical leveling up and "Your town has grown" dialog.

I am guessing that if it doesn't unlock by Lv 30, than it probably isn't in the game.

10. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Potion Shop and Herb Farm unlock at Lv 27

11. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    #51 TRB4, Jul 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
    Grahhh!!! Twice now I have accidentally spent my crystals by tapping too quickly in a store. I really wish that there was a conformation window to ask if you REALLY want to spend 19 crystals on 1 quest item. Ridiculous.

I have to date accidentally spent 30 crystals total on 2 quest items that I could have easily just acquired myself.

12. BethMo

BethMo New Member

Jul 20, 2014
    #52 BethMo, Jul 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
    Infinity gear?

I finally managed to complete one of the battles in the 5th area (using legendary gear enchanted to 5, 3, 4, 4, 4, 2 and a 2 friend). The item drop didn't open any of the infinity gear for crafting. Has anyone here gotten further along? Is the only way to get the next gear level a 15% random chance burning 3 of the legendary items?

If so, I think I'm done with the game (unless/until they expand it). What a shame.

EDIT: ignore the part about the drop above -- I somehow got confused between the drops and the chests. Whoops!

13. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Well I am begrudgingly trying the "burning 3 legendary items for a 15% chance at an infinity item" strategy. I just don't want to spends literally millions on enchanting legendary weapons until I am strong enough to run Area V. So instead I'll just keep grinding Area IV for legendary items and burn them at the Alchemist's House hoping for my infinity items.

So far I have gotten 1 infinity item. I had planned on spending my 10 jewels to craft it again after I had finally gotten the 1.5 million to craft it, only to learn that it costs 20 jewels to craft an infinity item again.

So now I have 40 jewels and plan on crafting 2 infinity swords and 2 infinity bows, and hopefully those combined with my infinity staff that I now have will allow me to finally enter Area V without getting murdered.

I have to admit though, the game has really slowed down and I am finding it hard to slog though it.

14. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    #54 TRB4, Jul 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
    Alright, so here is my current strategy for grinding at Level 27 (Although everything except the Potion Shop and Herb Farm should apply to most levels past Area 3).

First, I wanted ALL of my buildings to always be producing something, because it would help me earn money faster, earn more experience and keep my Activity Points filled.

So here is what I decided to do with each building:

Material Buildings

Sawmill - Make Zelkova Hardwood (Requires Growth Oil from Area 2)
    Steel Mill - Make Steel & Mithril (Requires Star Pieces from Area 1)
    Cotton Yarn - Make Nylon Fabric (Requires Adhesive Grass & Cocoon Bundle from Area 1)
    Leather Workshop - Make Cowhide (No Quest Item requirements)
    Herb Farm - Make Newtri (No Quest Item requirements)

Gear Buildings

Warrior Shop - Make Mithril Shields (Requires Spider Mucus from Area 3)
    Archer Shop - Make Poison Bows (Requires Hard Tooth from Area 2)
    Mage Shop - Make Shiny Robes (Requires Golden Cocoons from Area 3)
    Fighter Shop - Make Leather Uniforms (Requires Cocoon Bundles from Area 1)
    Potion Shop - Make State Healing Potion (Requires Essence of Spell from Area 3)

With this set up I am able to constantly keep all of my buildings running, and each Gear building uses 1 Material building EXCLUSIVELY, so I never run out of materials or have to split materials between shops.

Other notes about my town:

I have a Lv. 3 Inn, so each quest costs 4 Activity Points less for me. That means that Areas 1, 2, & 3 only cost me 1 Activity Point per battle, and Areas 4 & 5 each cost me 6 Activity Points per battle. This means that I can restock my required Quest Items very quickly. I highly recommend that everyone get a Lv. 3 Inn as soon as you can.

I have a Lv. 1 Trade Center that quickens my gear sell rate by 10%. I decided to keep all of my shops at a +8% selling price which slows the rate of gear sale by -32%, but thanks to my Trade Center my rate of sale is only -22%. The Trade Center isn't a necessity like the Inn, but it does allow you to jack up your prices without feeling too much of a sting.

I have a Lv. 1 Church & a Lv. 1 Library which provide a 5% discount on all Material and Gear production costs. I purchased these because I was working on the 10 administrative buildings achievement and there value is mediocre. They each cost 150,000 gold, which would require you to produce 3 million gold worth of Gear or Materials to even begin to receive a benefit from these buildings. But they will be useful in the long run. Also, these buildings provide seriously diminishing returns, Lv. 2 costs 750,000 and only increases the discount to 7%. Which means that you would need to produce 10.71 million gold worth of Gear or Material to even break even (more if you still hadn't broken even on the Lv. 1 purchase yet.)

The other administrative buildings of note that I have are a Lv. 1 Fencing School, Lv. 1 Wizardry Lab, and Lv. 1 Archery training Ground which provide a +5% to my Warrior, Mage, and Archer heroes stats respectively. I'm not sure how big of a difference these buildings make, but once again I was going for 10 administrative buildings and had a ton of jewels saved up.

So as far as my current strategy goes, I fill my Activity Points, do as many runs in Area 4 as I can (which is currently 5), on the highest difficulty I can survive (which is currently Average) and then spend any remaining Activity Points on Areas 1, 2 & 3 to refill the Quest Items I need for production. Then collect finished gear to refill my Activity Points and repeat.

Once I have collected 3 pieces of Legendary Material I go to the Alchemist's House and pray for an Infinity Material (I've gotten 2 so far!). Then I combine all my Rare Material, then my Magic Material, then my Epic Material.

Once I reach 1.5 million gold I am going to create my next Infinity Gear.

My goal is to be able to eventually survive Area 5 so I can try to get all 6 Infinity Gears, then I'll be grinding to Enchant all 6 Infinity Gears to Lv. 5. Then I will cry about how there isn't anything else left to do in the game.

Well that's where I am currently at. Looks like more and more people quit playing everyday. My Friends List is filled with people who haven't played for 8 or more days, and I doubt that they'll be coming back anytime soon. Also, the fact that this topic is mostly me having intense strategy discussions with myself also does not bode well for this game :(

EDIT: I made a slight change to the production at the following buildings: Sawmill, Cotton Yarn, Archer Shop & Mage Shop. I did some more calculating and I get slightly more profit by making Poison Bows & Shiny Robes than I do by making Slim Vests & Normal Rods.

15. Turtly

Turtly New Member

Jul 21, 2014
    #55 Turtly, Jul 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
    Something I've been wondering and that has been annoying me since I first encountered it, has been the description of the weapon skills, especially the "** % range attack within a radius of ***".

Does anyone have an idea about the radius? From watching the fight it seems that it does not have a special animation(unlike healing or reflect for example). I assume they put a radius there for a reason, it just makes a big difference if the a 100 radius means it triggers when you warrior is still alive or not.

I'm currently doing area 4 on easy, trying to get a full team of area-4 equipment(don't have all the needed production facilities at lvl 5 yet) but this and other vagueness in descriptions makes it harder to choose a weapon.

Edit:
    Plus from Area 4 on there is also a weapon that "increases allies skills by **%", which means what exactly? I assume it's the 3 skills that we as a player can use, the one that increase defense/heals/increases attack by 20%. If the % gets added it seems overpowered almost, if it's a % of a % it seems quite weak.
    Or perhaps it increases the weapon skill of your heroes, which makes it also seem like a good weapon.

16. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    The first one is an aoe skill - that is, each shot will do X damage in Y radius to targets other than the main one.

That's the way I interpreted and seems to be true from what I've seen so far.

17. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Seattle
    REALLY appreciate you guys posting strategy & tips - - will be a HUGE help for me at some point, if I ever manage to get up to those levels, lol. Thanks again (in advance) for the suggestions! :)

18. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Is this like hay day?

19. ivreal

ivreal Member

Dec 1, 2013
    Infinity

Infinity cost gems to craft? o_O

20. JVuentez

JVuentez New Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Tips

Hey guys,

So I am starting to loose interest in the game as progression has come to a halt (I'm level 31) and its not really that fun anymore. So here are some tips before I stop playing:

Infinity Gear: $1.5M to craft $300k for first level enchanting (no gems required at all... only if you want to re-craft item).

Swords:
    Fragarach - Recovers 1% of HP every Second
    Tyrrving - Dodges 30% with 120% counter

Wands:
    Mysteltain - 50% poison damage for 5 sec (30% chance)
    Messiah - Allies skill effects +30% (note these are for the three skills that you activate in battle. Effects are multiplicative so 1 Messiah changes healing from 20% to 26% and 2 Messiahs to 32%.

Bows:
    ???? - ????
    Tahullum - 12% to kill non-boss enemy

Obtaining Infinity:
    I just kept combining at the Alchemists until I had 4 infinity gears to try and tackle the 5th area quests. Then just quest for the rest. While doing this, I saved a bunch of money that I could use to buy the gear once available.

Quest Team Setup:
    - Based on Tests and Caculations, Tyrrving is much better than Fragarach, especially if you are trying to beat hard levels. In higher levels all monsters hit too hard, so dodging becomes much more valuable for survival (and counters are a nice bonus).
    - I decided on using the 2x Messiahs. My goal is to have my front line last as long as possible. The Messiahs pair well with the dodging of the Tyrrving.
    - Still trying to get that other Bow??? After getting 15 special items for infinity gear, I have yet to get this 2nd bow. Not sure what the stats are. If anyone has one, can they let me know.
    - Currently I have an all-infinity team of 2x Tyrrving, 2x Messiah, 2x Tahullum (all level 1). Focus is on upgrading the Tyrrvings. This will increase Defense and the amount of HP that cure does (which is increased by Messiahs). This should be the best way to improve team. If you can craft extras, try to get a Def bonus, which will substantially improve survivability.
    - With my current team above, and with the help of infinity gear friends, usually swords, I've been able to make it to the average difficulty Infinity quests, but can't come close to beating the first level. Also, while I can consistently beat Easy Stage 1, Easy Stage 2 is about 50/50 without friends. Everything else is friends + luck.

Money:
    - I basically do what TRB4 does as well. The only exception is that I also produce Balmung in the Warrior shop. To make them requires only 4 pieces of quest items (though 2 are in the most difficult stage). This is the best profit for the least amount of questing. You can also have them continue to produce for more than a day, so its always producing.

I hope these tips help!