Massive RPGs

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by tzual, Sep 12, 2010.

1. tzual

tzual Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    I need a massive RPG like 50+ hours of gameplay :D. Similar to Oblivion and Morrowind. Are there any on the iPhone?

2. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    The Quest (Gold) plus expansions is the only RPG on the device that is that long...

3. tzual

tzual Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    I only have The Quest (no expansions) and I love it.

4. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

to quote IGN, 'If the money-time ratio is ultra-important to you, know that Zenonia [2] will inhale at least 40 hours of your life'

but any self- respecting RPG lover will already have bought zenonia 2!

5. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    The Quest with expansions is the longest iPhone RPG, is a lot like Elder Scrolls 2, and it's great.

Also there's Necromancer Rising which I think would take at least 50 hours to finish, probably a good deal more, and I highly recommend that for Elder Scrolls fans as well, although it's strictly a dungeon crawler.

I also think that it'll take around 40 hours to finish Crimson Gem Saga, and that's a fantastic JRPG.

Inotia 2 has over 50 hours of gameplay, but I wasn't able to get into that one, so much.

6. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    WHAT?!
    Any RPG lover with some taste for art will never buy that.

Anyway +1 for The Quest, also wait for Aralon.

7. tzual

tzual Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    I beta tested Aralon. It's pretty good :).

8. Hitch

Hitch Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    The Lonely Island
    +1 to Necromancer Rising. Huge dungeon crawler with thousands of weapons and items. Full completion would be around 50 hours.

9. tzual

tzual Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    I heard that didn't have a deep story. I have the game i just played maybe 10 minutes. I should probably download it again.

10. HelperMonkey

HelperMonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Iowa
    So does The Quest have an overarching plot/story of any depth, or is it more of a free-roaming sandbox RPG?

11. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    #11 diffusion8r, Sep 12, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
    Fallout 3.

Seriously, get it on PC/Xbox/PS3/whatever, I got it for £6 which is the equivalent of $10 but in exchange rates probably $8, and while for the same price Chaos Rings lasted me 4-5 hours I'm on about 50 on Fallout 3 after having it for 2 weeks and I'm nowhere through it and still intent on playing for months.

12. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    'Having a different taste for art' does not equal 'having a taste for art'. I thought we already went over this a few dozen times.

Also, I'll repeat people who are saying wait for Aralon.

13. Duke Floss

Duke Floss Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Writer - Producer - Engineer
    English Roundabout
    I am getting ready to play through another run of The Nameless Mod - just beat DX for the 15th time (stealth run, 5 kills not including forced kills and animals).

The Nameless Mod is an even bigger version of DX and I am getting prepared to play through the PDX Campaign for the 2nd time, planning on doing a Lethal stealth run and being as bad-ass as possible for the good guys. Check out The Nameless Mod - http://www.thenamelessmod.com

14. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    We did. But its art is even crappy within genre.

15. Duke Floss

Duke Floss Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Writer - Producer - Engineer
    English Roundabout
    there is a main plot, but like The Elder Scrolls you can choose to ignore and explore at your own pace. Personally The Quest is my favourite western RPG available right now.

Aralon is going to be killer.

16. br4nd0n

br4nd0n Active Member

Jul 25, 2009
    chillin'
    CA
    I've been playing The Quest for about a month now. Already beat the main quest and the first add-on, and I still have tons of side-quests and add-ons to complete. I beginning to think that I've barely just scratched the surface of the game...
    definetly get the lite version at least, although I recommend the Gold version :D

17. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    I don't reeaally know if you can say that, seeing as you hate the genre, and by extension haven't exposed yourself to a lot of it.

18. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Try Xenome, took me about 20 hours to beat it, really good game and story

19. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    I like to check things out before forming an opinion.

20. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    I guess we'll agree to disagree then, since determining if art is 'crappy' is completely subjective in itself. Still, my original point still stands (about 'having a different taste' =/= 'having no taste').