Mass "Your Top 5/10 iPhone games" Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by iSwiss, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Videotape

Videotape Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    student, journeyman
    pallet town
    why not

1.) Enviro-Bear
    2.) Spider
    3.) Drop 7
    4.) JCS
    5.) SQH
    6.) Hook Champ
    8.) Tilt to live
    9/10) Munki Tennis
    9/10) Touch Soccer 3d
    11.) 100 rogue

too hard to pick between the sauce digital games

2. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Hahahaha, untie them then!

3. thumbs07

thumbs07 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    UK
    3 titles I not seen before- nice mentions.

4. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    Hello, why you didn't complained about other post with 30+ 3 day ago? Too late now. :)

5. Qordobo

Jun 11, 2010
    #45 Qordobo, Sep 19, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
    Yes, Block Breaker Deluxe 2 and Somersault are nice. And if I'm not wrong those wasn't listed too (sticking to my top 10):
    • Knights of the Phantom Castle
    • Orions: Legend of Wizards
    • Puzzle Quest
    • Despicable Me: Minion Mania HD
    • Knight Defense HD
    • Modern Conflict HD
    Those are very nice too... But you probably don't agree for those... me I do. :p

6. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Damnit, a post got by me! How ever did that happen. ;)

7. Qordobo

Jun 11, 2010
    He he, you'll take more care to survey next time to keep a strict discipline. :D

To really answer I won't lie and pretend it's ties ;) It's just that most posts just cheat added more list as honorable mentions. So I made an expanded list instead of participating to the general hypocrisy (as if first 10 was worth the quote and then suddenly the 11 only worth an honorable mention! :D ).

Anyway this hurt nothing, just read the first ten and omit other if you don't agree, or translate them as "worthy mentions" if that's your choice. :)

8. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    I really enjoyed your list my friend, I was purely joking with you, and I think you took the joke well! Cheers buddy.

9. Qordobo

Jun 11, 2010
    Humor is difficult to use over Internet and with multiple differences like age, culture, country, language, and no face in front of.

I hadn't realized the "Hello" reference and then felt your post a bit hurting with no necessity then it was more a yellow smile that I had. With the reference it's a lot more fun. :)

10. iSwiss

iSwiss Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Excellent list Qordobo! Superbe!

How can I change the name of the thread?

11. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Sorry my friend, nothing I ever say is meant to be harmful. I'm a happy guy, always cracking jokes. Don't worry!

12. Qordobo

Jun 11, 2010
    #52 Qordobo, Sep 21, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
    Lol thank you, the thread is a cool idea you got, it seems superficial but in fact it's a very good source to search new games, there's many I didn't knew or noticed once but forgot quote and then forget. :D

From this thread I already bought Soosiz HD (not that it is never quoted but this thread made the final trigger, Pix'n Love Rush (too difficult for me but interesting design), Aerox (a lot more peaceful and quiet than Dark Nebula 1&2 but more intriguing concept and I like too cool game that require some concentration more than reflex and speed, I forgot it because I was expecting the HD version). And I added in my wish list after to have also tried the demo, Battle Blasters and Carnivores.

For the thread title I suppose that only a moderator can change it. At first I felt it embarrassing for making a list iPad oriented but in fact that doesn't really matter.

@sammysin: No problem, if I didn't really smile when I hadn't remind and understood the reference source of the "Hello", once I realized the source I got a good laugh. :)

13. QBC

QBC Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    1. Fruit Ninja
    2. Angry Birds
    3. Tilt to Live
    4. Plants vs. Zombies
    5. The Incident
    6. Doodle Jump
    7. Super Mega Worm
    8. Helsing's Fire
    9. Minigore
    10. Monster Dash

Although Flight Control, Real Racing, Battle Bears (any of them), Fieldrunners, and Pocket God are essential iPhone games.

I'll probably update my list as more games come out.

14. csklimowski

csklimowski Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    10. Tilt to Live
    9. Rolando 2
    8. Helsing's Fire
    7. Peggle
    6. Super QuickHook
    5. Meteor Blitz
    4. Monkey Island 2: SE
    3. Phoenix Wright
    2. Jet Car Stunts
    1. Space Miner

15. thumbs07

thumbs07 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    UK
    Gone free today awesomely.

16. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    God damn, YES! Thank you my good buddy.

17. iSwiss

iSwiss Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    PUUUUUUUUUUUUSH!

More lists please:D

18. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    #58 spidey, Sep 24, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
    10. Assassins Creed: Altair's chronicles (Considering I loved this, I am guessing I will like PoP and Spiderman as well... got to try that. And can someone tell me if this AC 1 or 2?)

9. NFS: Shift - This is the best racing game I have

8. Virtual Pool - I always need a pool game to play when I am in a quiet mood.

7. X2 Football 2010 - Smart gameplay and modes. Wish close-up animation was better

6. NOVA - Nice execution of FPS

5. Veggie Samurai - My go to pick-up and play game

4. Iced In - Really nice sokobanish puzzle game. And some verrry challenging levels. Implementation could have been better (No Undo button?!) - Edit: Just to be clear, it isn't exactly like Sokoban so undo button is not as critical. But it's required nonetheless.

3. Solomon's Keep/ Boneyard: Love the gameplay, music, visuals, enemies, powers. It's like Diablo for the iPod

2. Tilt to Live - The most intense game on my iPod

1. Angry Birds - Tons of content. Fun game play. And amazing sounds!

I really would love to play some RPG games on my Ipod Even have a few of them... but somehow I never got around them... So much to play... so little time. I have already added a lot of games from this thread to my wish list. I somehow need to be patient and phase out the purchases.