Mass "What Should I Get?" Thread (2012 - 2017)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Zincous, Dec 25, 2011.

?

What device to get?

Poll closed May 30, 2013.
  1. iPod Touch

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. iPad

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  3. iPad Mini

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  1. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    I'd go ice wind, more battle focused. Xcom maps are slightly smaller but overall content was robust and similar to console/pc, slightly less.

2. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Final Fantasy VII or Dragon Quest V? I played and beat FFVII years ago on a console and played FFIV on iOS last year. I know I'll like FFVII but am considering DQV instead since I've never played a DQ game.

3. Zamoofaboo

Zamoofaboo Active Member

Dec 11, 2015
    Best Isotope clone? Kind of shocked to not find a single game that plays like Isotope after years of searching. No, Inferno 1/2 aren't Isotope clones, their upgrading system is way too shallow to compare and lacks any upgradeable equipment/ships, making their replayability pretty much 0 after beating all the levels. They're more arcade style.

- Twin stick geometric/vector graphic shooter
    - Deep upgrading system where you can buy new ships, new weapons, new gear and upgrade existing ones

Definitely not looking for "endless survival" type games either.

4. Shadowking2214

Shadowking2214 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    The content that was cut from XCOM to my knowledge is only cosmetics for your soldier, the maps feel the exact same size as they do on my PC.

5. elmazzer

elmazzer Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2013
    #5485 elmazzer, Feb 1, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
    im looking for games like Goblin Sword or RPGs with upgrading system in general. Like getting better by getting better loot sort of thing. The closest example of what i mean would be a game on steam called Black Ice i think.

Would prefer a game with no ads, pop ups; if possible no iap crap :)

Oh and it should be iphone 4s compatible :D

6. Kehshsidhdudh5

Kehshsidhdudh5 Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Michigan
    Heroes and castles 2

7. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    I'm looking to pick up a new tower defense/strategy game. Games that really held my attention in the past were Defender Chronicles (the first moreso than the sequel), both Plants v. Zombies, Army of Darkness, Tower Madness, Tiny Defense, Samurai v. Zombies, etc. I've tried a lot of others that people love, such as Anomaly, Sentinel, Kingdom Rush, but didn't get into them as much as I expected. I may try them again since I'm on a bit of a kick, but figured I'd also ask for recommendations. Thanks in advance!

8. johndoep

johndoep Active Member

Apr 25, 2016
    I think you're looking for something like Dragon Encounter

9. Shadowking2214

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    Well. Starfront: Collision and Red Alert 2 aren't on the AppStore anymore. Anyone have a game that's an actual RTS (not XCOM, that's turn based, and I already have it installed :p ) and a great game?

10. nicoga3000

nicoga3000 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Structural Engineer
    Indianapolis, IN
    So we just upgraded from an iPad 2 to an iPad Mini 4 (pretty huge jump there...). Looking for games my wife might enjoy. Nothing super difficult. She loved playing The Sims on PC years ago, and Roller Coaster Tycoon. Is the iOS RCT game any good? What about any of The Sims games?

11. Shadowking2214

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    The Sims Freeplay is the only sims game that has any content to it. I don't know about RCT though

12. Neehan

Neehan Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Kingdom Rush is my favorite TD so I'm surprised it didn't grab you. Castle Doombad is a fun one by adult swim. Crystal Siege is good but similar to KR. Metal Slug Defense was extremely popular around here, probably still is, this one is like castle defense like Army of Darkness. Cursed Treasure 2 is another solid TD. Perhaps check out Total War Battles for a lane based TD/strategy hybrid.

13. dib

dib Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Give Castle Doombad a try. It's one of my all time favorite IOS games.

14. thumbs07

thumbs07 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    UK
    Castle doombad a good one- full of character and different approach.

I am looking for a game somewhat similar to Brave Battle which is by Mobirix. As it's quite an obscurely know game because of its grind, it's somewhat an auto-rpg but where you level up your characters, and buy new skills. I know there's that recent auto rpg which I was not so much a fan of. (Forgotten name)
    Don't want turn-based game ideally.

15. Admiralbison

Admiralbison Active Member

Oct 31, 2016
    'The Settlers' but its more in the vain "kingdom For keflings' that was in the xbox360.
    80% managing workers realtime (imagine having scvs in Starcraft forever traveling to and from different buildings and resources) and 20% invading and defending a foreign army (not sure if it is still in the App Store)

BIG ONE - Total War Rome is coming out, so I'd keep an eye out for that.
    The RTS genre I always thought would be big on tablets (no pun intended), but I think controls still need to be figure out and/or the RTS genre has gone through a lull in video games in general.

16. Admiralbison

Admiralbison Active Member

Oct 31, 2016
    'The Settlers' but its more in the vain "kingdom For keflings' that was in the xbox360.
    80% managing workers realtime (imagine having scvs in Starcraft forever traveling to and from different buildings and resources) and 20% invading and defending a foreign army (not sure if it is still in the App Store)

BIG ONE - Total War Rome is coming out, so I'd keep an eye out for that.
    The RTS genre I always thought would be big on tablets (no pun intended), but I think controls still need to be figure out and/or the RTS genre has gone through a lull in video games in general.

17. TomekSzymek

TomekSzymek Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    I'm looking for a chill, grind-heavy game. I'd like to sit in my chair, turn on some Twitch stream and grind some levels/gear... It would be awesome if the game wasn't hidden under some weird timers making me pay or wait.
    I don't mind paying a few bucks. Don't mind constant need to connect to the internet either.
    Just give me something to kill my free time, please ;d

18. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Battleheart Legacy might be up your alley. I also highly recommend Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (thread on here has over 600 pages for a reason. Worth the money if you're wondering)
    Monster Hunter doesn't fit your description as well as BH:L, but I think MHFU is a better game.

19. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    I'm currently playing the old Kemco JRPG Alphadia Genesis. It's cookie cutter but I like it. What other rpg should I play that you say "if you like AG then you will LOVE ____!". Assume I have played all the square ports. One I am looking at is Symphony of the origin.

20. ewoksrule

ewoksrule New Member

Apr 27, 2011
    I want to get Crashlands, The Quest HD, Jade Empire, and Sirilam 2. I can only get one right now for iPhone 7 plus. Any comments on which one to get?