Mass "What should I get?" Thread 2011

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Zincous, Dec 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

1. .

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. .

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. AaronAMV

AaronAMV Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    WHO KNOWS
    angle side angle

2. CaseyLay

CaseyLay Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    I'm wondering what will make the best online FPS. Should I get NOVA? Should I get Modern Combat? Or should I stick with Eliminate?

3. SunriseMoon

SunriseMoon Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Modern Combat ftl (first to lose). Get N.O.V.A.!

4. GothamCity

GothamCity Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2009
    Italy
    i recommend you to buy NOVA for it single player campaign(good story and level design) and eliminate for the online (it's free so you don't HAVE to spend money on it ;))

5. GothamCity

GothamCity Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2009
    Italy
    here are my advice for who bought a 15$ iTunes card :)

1.Labyrinth 2 (4,99$) a much better version of the original,it has multiplayer,an online editor and huge replay value,best money i've spend in the last months.

2.Jet Car Stunts (1,99$) a strange and a funny car experience,it has fantastic graphic and will keep you coming back for more.

3.Spider:Secret of Bryce Manor (2,99$) Best toucharcade game of 2009 and a wonderful experience just possible on the iPhone.

4.Peggle (now 1,99$ for limited time,will return at 4,99$ on january 3) you don't know Peggle??hell,buy it and do yourself a favor;probably the perfect casual game.

5.Pocket God (0,99 $) well,it's not exactly a game,but there are a lot of mini-games into it,plus the devs are working on updates that will improve this phenomeno-app.

6.Eliminate (free,mmh) A great online experience(better than NOVA imho),you don't have to spend a money on it but if you will do the chances to be a better player will increase eheh :p

7.OMG!Pirates (1,99 $) non stop action and great cell-shaded graphics,the animation of this side-scrolling arcade are fantastic and the replay value is very good.

i also advice to try a lite version of the games if possible or at least to find something on youtube..

6. conrem

conrem Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2009
    developer + student at medicine
    Moldova
    check out my links :)

7. frendil

frendil Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2009
    New Zealand!!
    I got $10 NZ or $7 US, I've already got nova and was wondering the best game to get, I was thinking ravensword or nfs:shift, which is best

8. Nascor

Nascor Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    is rock band worth 4,99?

9. Touchgamer3g

Touchgamer3g Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Yes I will copy here what I wrote in the rythm game thread for you:

I would definitely go with Rock Band. I bought it at full price of $10 and I still don't regret my purchase at all. There are some cool features in it including where you slide your finger across short notes in zig-zag motions. Its hard to explain but that adds a nice touch to the game in the difficulty hard.

10. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Well, depends on what kind of game you like. RPG or a Racing game. I`ve only tried NFS:Shift and it`s easily worth $7 IMO.

11. Nascor

Nascor Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Thanks for the fast answer! So, I'll buy it :D

12. Touchgamer3g

Oct 18, 2009
    I think you will enjoy it! It is my favorite rythm game by far :)

13. Touchgamer3g

Oct 18, 2009
    I'm in the mood for a real physics game. I am choosing between Crayon Physics Deluxe and Fantastic Contraption. Touch Physics is still in the running but how does it compare to Crayon Physics? Also, I'm worried about the difficulty of Fantastic Contraption. I am willing to get 2 of them, I would really appreciate feedback on which to get!

14. Coops58

Coops58 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    I said don't look here!
    Suggestions

First of all N.O.V.A is a good game if you have money to burn, but I feel I got bored after beating it the first time. I feel like I have to force myself to want to play it. It has a good campaign but low replay value IMO.
    Second, I'd like to know what the best drum app was because I've been looking for one
    And also whats your opinions on these:
    Minigore
    Spider: Secret of Bryce Manor
    Mini Squadron

and are there anyother good games that have a high replay value?
    Any suggestions would be great

15. stevenbrz

stevenbrz Well-Known Member

May 9, 2009
    Canabalt or Tetris? (both 2.99)

16. Mr. Crazy

Mr. Crazy Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2009
    England
    Don't know about canabalt but if you want a block game get compression by little white bear studio for 99c. I like it like 100 times more than tetris.

17. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    Yes, get Compression! It's a great game, much better than Tetris and also much cheaper.

18. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    @ person asking between Canabalt and Tetris, definitely CANABALT. Super addictive, my 2nd GOTY behind Spider. But if you do have a dollar spare after that, or are a massive, massive fan of Tetris-like games, as in they're you're favourite Genre, Compression.

@coops, Spider: Secret of Bryce Manor is GOTY, pick it up over any other game (better than NOVA IMHO...). Minigore is only worth a dollar at the moment as it is essentially just a dual stick shooter with 4 weapons and 2 enemies as the 'characters' are just pointless skins, but when it gets co-op take the plunge, and Minisquadron is very, very fun and will last you a long time, an instant buy.

19. IKnowHow2Fly

IKnowHow2Fly Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Got a $15 gift card, only thing I'm pretty sure I will get is Inotia which will leave me with an extra $7, so any suggestions?

I enjoy RPG's, games that allow character customization, and games that generally are not pick up and play.

Thanks!

20. Coops58

Coops58 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    I said don't look here!
    @Diffusion thanks, downloading them now hope they live up to the hype :)