Mass "What should I get?" Thread 2011

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Zincous, Dec 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

1. .

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. .

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    I go by the same rule myself (most of the time) except mine is "don't buy anything above $.99 unless it's a sale price). I have caved on occasion though). Personally I'd say it depends on what you like. If you enjoy crafting games, like minecraft etc, then for sure get Junk Jack. Also if you're willing to put in the time and can self-motivate yourself on why to play it, it's the game for you. If that's not the case and you enjoy the genres of one of the others, get Shantae or Epoch....(fall of angels doesn't look to great to me, but i don't like rpg-ish games so that might be why). Also: chances of a sale to .99 on JJ are slim for a long time, the way i see it is if it doesn't go on sale for Christmas it won't go on sale hardly at all...

2. J2o

J2o Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Thanks Dodger,

I forgot to mention that I too tried not to buy anything that is just set at 99 cents, unless those were the sale prices too. Those 99 cents titles have the tenacity to become free like Zombie Gunship and Spymouse.

I was looking for something unique, or something I have never tried before like Minecraft and thats why Junk Jack is getting my attention. I guess Junk Jack is the best bet.

3. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Bumpy? Which one to buy?

4. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    They're different, IDK. Terra Noctis is a retro platformer and LostWinds is more an adventure type platformer. Also, you have to take controls into consideration. LostWinds has those swipe controls and Terra Noctis has classic buttons.

If you've read any of my previous posts then you know my personal recommendation is Terra Noctis.

5. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    I've only played Giana Sisters on the DS and found it really fun to me. To me, its a shorter, more focused platformer. Frogatto I just loved. I loved the art and music and all the little details (ie: Frogatto will give thumbs up, or even roll his eyes during certain situations). At the risk of losing sales for the Frogatto dev..you can check out the PC version (its freeware). =D I tried the PC version, then promptly bough the iOS version since I don't game that much on the PC.

6. DodgerBlue016

Jun 25, 2011
    Here
    Okay, a couple questions:
    Flick Quarterback if I own Pocket Passer?
    Does Madden '12 have enough over '11 to make me get it?
    Is Bean's Quest or Mike V: Skateboard Party HD any good? Is Mike V an intro sale?
    Final question: Does Ice Rage have enough content to make me get it?

7. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Yeah, Giana Sisters was pretty good. After playing December platformers, I wouldn't really give it too much time personally.

I haven't actually played Frogatto, but I've heard great things about. Maybe I'll eventually pick it up.

The little details is what I like about Terra Noctis too. Like when you jump up in the air, the non-aggressive monster will stop, look up at you, and freak out. :)

8. mdesilva00

mdesilva00 New Member

Dec 25, 2011
    Student
    Mushroom Kingdom
    Hi Forum! If I am to get one of the TA GOTY nominees… should it be Mage Gauntlet, S&S, or SpellTower? Also, could someone rank the canditates from best to worst? (I already have IB II and Anomaly)

9. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Can't go wrong with any of those, but I'd say Mage Gauntlet first. If nothing else, there is lots of content there.

10. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Obviously this is all my opinion! However, I must say that I don't think the GOTY finalists truly reflect the year in gaming, especially if you're a hardcore gamer. But who knows? This was a big year for gaming and it's all subjective! Also, I don't think a lot of the December releases really got a chance to sink in.

I will still tell you which one I think is best...Mage Gauntlet. It was my only nominee up there anyway. lol

It would be easier to help based on your own personal preferences.

Oh yeah, and a hearty welcome! :)

Edit
    I agree with echoseven in the sense that they're all good but...

11. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    This is probably a lot to ask for an iphone game and I doubt theres really anything out there but I'm looking for some mindless action, mainly where you can just get weapons and absurd amounts of firepower to just destroy tons of enemies:D, possibly open world but definitely doesn't have to be. Thanks.

12. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Seeing that you own IB II and Anomaly, I think you like it more toward action game, I would say get Mage Gauntlet.
    But still, the best is Sword and Sworcery!
    The worst?
    Probably Cut the Rope: Classic (rip-off)..... oops it's not in the best game list. :)

13. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    Some good pick up and play games?

14. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    #23494 jumpman475, Dec 25, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2011
    Ice Rage :D

Not much "content" but the game is just fun in general. Basically casual ice hockey/table hockey but you can bash the other player :)

15. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    Will check out Ice Rage.

What are some good games that are in "portrait mode"?

16. jumpman475

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    #23496 jumpman475, Dec 25, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2011
    Nice. Hmm, let's see:

Ice Wings- Endless arcade vertical shmup. Bit of practice and it is fun

Gears- This is great if you want a somewhat casual, somewhat hardcore ball roller. And it's by CM :)

@DodgerBlue016 Yeah +1 for Temple Run. That game is awesome

Let me think of some more.

17. DodgerBlue016

Jun 25, 2011
    Here
    Temple Run (free), NFL Flick Quarterback/Flick Soccer/Flick Golf/Extreme, Flick Champions, Bejeweled/Blitz, and Ninja Fishing (limited time free still i think) are all some really great portrait mode "pick up and play" games...

18. tx8305

tx8305 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2011
    I just got an iPad 2. Are there any good iPad exclusive rpg or strategy games I should check out?

19. jumpman475

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    I'd say Superbrothers Sword and Sworcery and Anomaly Warzone Earth HD would be awesome on iPad2.

20. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    I hear good things about Avadon. Check it out.