Universal Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign (by D3PA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Exact-Psience, Aug 30, 2013.

1. splatomat

splatomat New Member

Oct 10, 2013
    If you want to play in the tournaments, sadly this is not the case; you hit the paywall immediately. Your level 25 1-star characters are going to get whomped by 2- or 3-star teams (generally speaking, luck and particulars notwithstanding).

As an aside, has anyone ever had a Storm-off? That's when Storm (Classic) characters on opposing teams chain-whomp each other with Elemental Barrier procs: your elemental barrier hits their entire team, proccing their elemental barrier, which hits your entire team, proccing your elemental barrier, etc. Happened to me yesterday; was kind of hilarious. Thankfully mine hit first, or I would have lost; it KOed everybody but my Iron Man, who survived with like 13 health.

2. dalbertson

dalbertson Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    They totally gutted Loki in this last update as well, he was a cornerstone of my team, now he's benched. What's the point of leveling up covers if they can be completely altered in an update?

3. blebhertz

blebhertz Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    can someone give me a list of heroes worth upgrading. I don't want to waste any iso.

I have the basic iron man/widow/storm/hawkeye and somehow i got a 2-star Thor from somewhere. I think i read somewhere i'm suppose to get a free venom

4. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    I'll have a look at it. I was hoping this would be it. Thanks.

5. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    The skip button is your friend. Don't fight those guys.

Ahahaha, that sounds hysterical. I make it a point not to fight against classic Storm, especially if she has the yellow power (see previous comment).

You got Thor from participating in the Avengers tournament. You can get the Yellow ability on the Oscorp map (I haven't finished the map, so not sure about the green).

Get Classic Storm as soon as you can. Her Blue and Yellow abilities are AMAZING. Be careful, though, as if you level her too much, she will take all the damage when you fight, and it is imperative to keep her alive as long as possible. You can also get 2-star Bag Man Spidey on the Oscorp map. He's more useful than I first thought. His purple is rather flexible, for making 4s to eliminate a row or 5s to get another turn and do some damage. His Blue can be a lifesaver in a pinch if you have something nasty like a sniper shot you can't clear.

6. airdan

airdan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Belize
    I have had this game for a week now on my ipad and just got time to play it today. But based on the feedback in this thread I will just go ahead and delete it.

7. dalbertson

dalbertson Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    If you're fighting against Classic Storm, always target her first, Elemental Barrier doesn't activate unless its against one of her teammates.

8. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    It isn't for everyone, but if you like Puzzle Quest, that would be unfortunate.

9. Jazzpha

Jazzpha Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    The only IAP-related thing I have strong feelings about is how expensive storage space becomes once you get to where cover spaces cost coins. Are people just selling off their lower-star characters to make more space for characters with more stars? That doesn't seem very sustainable in the long term, considering how hard it is to get your hands on a 2-star or 3-star character without resorting to IAP.

10. deserted

deserted Member

Jul 1, 2013
    Cover space is only 50g a slot right? There's enough gold in the campaign and tournaments to buy a few dozen slots, I have 11 or 12 slots and haven't spent any money yet.

11. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Yes, there's no point keeping them all.
    It's very easy to get at least some 2-star characters withouth IAP - you can get Storm (Classic) from an early campaign mission (2nd mission on the joint 2nd map), and 5 of the 12 covers available with Iso-8 are 2-star and above.
    You can get lots of Iso-8 from the multiplayer missions, you don't need to buy IAP for those (unless you want to be no. 1 I suppose).

12. Jazzpha

Jazzpha Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Fair enough. Thanks for the detailed reply!

13. thecmancan

thecmancan Member

Oct 28, 2012
    Telecommunications
    NYC
    Did anyone find a way around the fact that at certain points in the beginning, the game forces you to spend hero points on one of their crappy characters like Hawkeye and Black Widow?

I can't do anything else in game other than spend hero points, which are expensive on one of these covers.

14. blebhertz

blebhertz Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    I'm running out of space - should i just ditch the 1star hawkeye and modern Storm - since the classic Storm looks like a major upgrade!

15. Emmulator

Emmulator New Member

Oct 15, 2013
    Bag Man rewards?

In the second Oscorp quest, I see Bag Man rewards. I have a cover for this character already, but dislike him and was thinking to ditch it. Are these Bag Man rewards the same for everyone, or is it possible I could get rewards for a better character if I didn't have Bag Man in my collection?

16. blackbear219

blackbear219 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    I've been keeping all my characters so far. I have the 4 star wolverine, a level 26 ironman and 11 character slots. IAP free.

17. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    I got rid of Hawkeye, Black Widow and Juggernaut (the character has always irritated me slightly, he's just stupid) but kept both Storms, as I quite like the skills the modern one has but the classic one is better. This was a stupid idea - I didn't realise that both Storms can't be in the team at once, so I am stuck with a selection of random lvl 1 characters to fill the 3rd spot in the team.
    So make sure you don't sell too many characters, make sure you end up with a full team!
    I think maybe at least 6 characters would be a good idea so you have a team to use while the first one is healing?

I still see rewards for Hawkeye and Black Widow so I assume they are the same for everyone.

18. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    I dislike that I'm matched up against 5 PVP opponents, all of whom have significantly more powerful heroes than me, and I can't refresh or change that. I'm playing pretty casually and there's no way my team (all under level 4, only Thor is 2 star) could take on a team of 2 or 3 stars level 10+ heroes.

19. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    On the 'fight' screen tap skip instead of fight to skip that opponent and choose another one.

20. blackbear219

blackbear219 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Only the first couple are 50. They go up after that. If you really had 11 or 12 slots, you'd probably know that already.