Universal Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign (by D3PA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Exact-Psience, Aug 30, 2013.

1. idub76

idub76 Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2011
    I got in the top ten of Bad is Good last night, nabbed a Classic Spidey :D

The Hunt is hard, need to be really high level to have a chance. Nice work!

2. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Nice job!! Didn't even attempt that tourney since I'm saving all my health for the hunt. Right now I'm back to 47th having trouble today earning points.

3. Bryson

Bryson Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2012
    What is Heroic Mode? I read in a walkthrough that you are supposed to get better rewards but how do you enable Heroic Mode and what does it do exactly? Sorry for the noob question. I've finished all of the missions for the first two chapters but haven't gotten all of the ones with multiple rewards.

4. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Bummer ended up finishing 6th was 2nd with an hour to go but then I couldn't earn any more points from battles ,really hate that there should be a least a minimum of 5 points or something to win

5. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    It was an event, like the other tournaments, I'm sure they will repeat it or have a similar one soon.

6. idub76

idub76 Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2011
    :(

That's a shame, what was the reward for 6th?

I almost got in the top 5 for the second Bad is Good, was 5th for ages but then got knocked to 6th with less than a minute to go! D'oh!

Took a punt on a Heroic pack with a daily deal the other day and fluked a classic Spidey, was pretty damn happy. Have now got him level 28 with a level 2 Web Bandages and level 1 All Tied Up. It's good to have a healer on the team!

7. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Yes, they have done heroic versions of both Venom and Juggernaut. They were lengthy but limited-time events like the Hunt.

8. DeNappa

DeNappa Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Netherlands
    So, does anybody have some good advice on how to beat the prologue mission 'yelena bolova' (venom chapter i believe)? I have pulled it off once with some luck and 5 turn stuns from black widow, but my other 6 or so attempts have failed. Once the muscles start spamming 100+ strength strike tiles i often find its impossible to eliminate them all. in combination with the team attack tiles and yelenas swaps my team is toast in no time.

9. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY

I got Punisher with two powers still good but I missed out on his most powerful power

10. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Use bonuses and use high level characters that's the only way. Thor is good and classic storm if you have her. Always target the tough enemies first so tap on the one who spams those attack tiles. Attack them firs then go after yelena or go after her first so that they don't make any tiles and you can strategize that way.

11. idub76

idub76 Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Yeah, I frigging HATE those muscle guys. Amusingly, the game says it's "trivial" for me now...still can't do it. lol

In other news, I love it when the AI activates Thorned Rose when they've got less than 100HP left :p

12. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    #252 Misguided, Dec 17, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
    You need to kill Yelena before they start spamming those (or at least before they get any strike tiles out). Then, as long as they don't get an attack off, they won't hurt you. Remember that stuns will stop tiles from counting down (didn't do that originally), but the tommy gun tiles (or whatever the attack is they use) are the bigger priority

13. DeNappa

DeNappa Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Netherlands
    Thanks for the advice. I've been able to complete it a few more times now, enough to get the yellow thor and HP at least.
    In the end I resorted to:
    - level 40 IM model 35 3/5/5
    - level 32 black widow modern 5/5
    - level 34 thor now (2 star) 3/0/3
    Then attack the first muscle and attempt to kill him before any strike tiles are active, and hope for enough blue to be able to stun the second muscle by that time. This strategy doesnt always work as it requires a bit of luck and sometimes on yelena removing a count tile for you, but it can be done this way.

14. heretik

heretik Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Okay, greed officially killed the game today.

Certain quests require punisher. Okay, just skip those. Oh wait, those are tye only quests that give a meaningful amount of points? You have to buy a lousy punisher lv 15 in order to get anything out of those new quests?

Well, then. That'll be 20 bucks, please.

Why, oh why?

15. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    You had a chance to earn punisher in the hunt! And now there's a new mission to earn punisher up now that seems really doable

16. Maniacfive

Maniacfive Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Phone Sales
    Kent, UK
    #256 Maniacfive, Dec 25, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2013
    Confessions of a Marvel Puzzle Quest junkie.

I like this game. I really do. But I implore anyone starting out to play, the tournaments are a crock. I speak from experience of spending a fortune (about £32) to stay in the top ten of a tournament. I go to to sleep with 2hrs 48 mins left. I wake up and I've wasted that money.

If your playing the vs events don't bother until there's only a few hours left, play the free revives and you'll end up the same place if spent a lot to pay for extra revives.

Sadly I know this. In 2hrs 48mins I went from an entire weekend of keeping myself topped up on the leaderboards placed #19 to #276.

The leaderboard system is massively broken to favour late joiners who have massive amounts of cash

17. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    #257 Misguided, Dec 25, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2013
    Why on earth would you spend that kind of money to stay at the top of a tournament? And you expect to not lose your spot when the tournament ends while you are asleep? That's crazy. And poor planning. Staying at the top the whole time is pointless, and just invites more people to attack you because your score is high. I have never bought health packs to place in a tournament and have had my share of strong finishes. You just need to plan ahead a bit better and make your move at the right time. Choose tournaments where you won't be sleeping at the end to try and place high. Use the others for progression rewards.

The leaderboard system doesn't favor late joiners. Assuming you mean a bracketed tournament, you wouldn't be competing against the same people. And massive amounts of cash? All the PvE events lately have been giving out stacks of health packs. I have forty-something at the moment. If you need healing after every fight, perhaps you should try easier opponents. Also, jump into a prologue mission on the Venom map and use the borrowed Spidey to heal your guys.

18. xbtran

xbtran Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Yea there's absolutely no reason to spend real cash on health packs. I think once you understand the game, with a little patience, there's really no reason to spend cash at all.

And yea, don't fight for the first spot all the way through the event. It's basically impossible unless your team is stacked. The only time to do that would be during the hour and a half villain events where constantly playing have put me in a top spot before.

19. afsplat

afsplat Member

Jun 15, 2012
    SHIELD Resupply Broken

Ever since the last update, the SHIELD resupply is broken. It says "one day" until a award, but then get's pushed out. Or it says "complete a mission" and after completing something, it never gives the award.

Anyone else see this?

20. Emotive

Emotive Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2013
    Great White North
    Yep, very annoying.