Universal Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign (by D3PA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Exact-Psience, Aug 30, 2013.

1. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
  2. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Anyone want a laugh at my expense? :eek::rolleyes:

I won a new card tonight for the first time in quite a while. The pop-up came up warning me that my card storage was low, so I went to sell the new card (Spiderman "Bagman") and discovered that extra storage didn't cost ISO-80! I was elated! I bought slot after slot, until... I got the warning that I had RUN OUT of Hero Points.

Awesome. Because I'm stupid and couldn't be bothered to look over about an inch to the right... Ugh. Please at least tell me I was right in remembering that storage DID cost ISO-80 at one point...

DBC

3. Jazzpha

Jazzpha Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    The early slots do cost ISO-8, yeah. But really, you didn't mess anything up. It's wiser to spend your points on more space than on the chance of getting a good card from a pack, because once you start building up a roster, you're going to want that extra space. So don't feel bad-- accidentally or not, you did the right thing!

4. Drummerboycroy

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Now, if I could just somehow translate the whole, "Making mistakes that end up being exactly the right thing to do without my knowing better" into my real life... ;):D

Well good then. Not so catastrophic after all. :eek:;)

DBC

5. heretik

heretik Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Iap prices are flat out ridiculous, if you ask me. Its not a matter of 'a few bucks' at all. 1100 HP for a lightning round villain? How much is that? 10 bucks? Thats just WAY out of line. And the. You get a few meager levels and an ability, if youre lucky.

6. Drummerboycroy

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    I agree regarding the IAP prices to an extent, but my opinion on this game as a whole is a bit more nuanced.

For anyone seriously hoping to compete via any of the many MP options, yes, the IAP is arguably a bit restrictive, and potentially a bit cynical. Taking a quick gander at your competition, good luck holding your own without spending an average lifetime grinding and hoping for good random drops. However...

With regard to SP, I'm still not wholly convinced the balance is more than what one would expect from a FTP game. I find the actual gameplay enjoyable, and I seem to be doing an OK job of making smallish gains, so idk...

I'm still trying to find that "one IAP" that will make the bulk of the game enjoyable, but I do so love the core gameplay and the Marvel spin, so for now I'll keep looking... and playing. ;):D

DBC

7. witedahlia

witedahlia Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2012
  8. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    I actually bought some hero points early on, when they had the first bonus with purchase going. Even though I am up to 27 cover slots, I still had more HP than what I had purchased. Then, I got my first red Ragnarok cover last week and spent it all. Have made quite a bit back through the various tournaments and such in the last week, though (over 1000)

9. heretik

heretik Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Has this game been hacked? Im utterly amazed at the mass of lv 100+ iron men/lv90 rares popping up all of a sudden. I mean, those chars cost BIG money i dont really think anyone would spend ln this kind of game ...

10. Drummerboycroy

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    #230 Drummerboycroy, Nov 26, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
    Dear God, you're much better at this game than I'm even going to hope to be... :eek::p;):D

DBC

11. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    DBC, Ragnarok say hello.

12. Bil

Bil New Member

Dec 3, 2013
    #232 Bil, Dec 3, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
    Hi, I'm a beginner in this game, so i have some doubts about covers.
    I only have hero points for 4 places in my pg roster, and i've got:
    - Doctor Doom (Classic) Lv 15 (1xblue cover)
    - Loki (Dark Reign) Lv 15 (1xpurple cover)
    - Juggernaut (Classic) Lv 1 (4xgreen covers)
    - Yelena Belova (Dark Avengers) Lv1 (2xpurple and 1xblack covers)
    - Venom (Dark Avengers) Lv1 (2xblack and 1xpurple covers)
    - Hawkeye (Modern) Lv6 (1xpurple and 1xred covers)

Which covers are the best? Which covers I can sell?

Actually my team is:
    - Thor (Marvel NOW) Lv 25 (3-2-1 skills)
    - Storm (Classic) Lv 24 (3-1-2 skills)
    - Captain America (Modern) Lv 22 (3-1-2 skills)
    - Iron Man (Model 35) Lv 19 (5-5-3 skills)
    - Iron Man (Model 40) Lv 15 (1red skills)
    - Spider-Man Lv (Classic) Lv 15 (1purple skills)
    - Hawkeye (Classic) Lv 14 (5-5 skills)
    - Storm (Modern) Lv 11 (5-2-5 skills)
    - Black Widow (Modern) Lv 10 (2-5 skills)
    - Magneto (Marvel NOW) Lv 6 (1-0-1 skills)

Thank you for your attention and sorry for my eng, i'm italian:)

13. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Firstly, in future only use hero points for cover slots or else you will end up having to sell covers again.

Out of those ones, the four characters I would keep are:
    - Doctor Doom
    - Loki
    - Venom
    - Hawkeye

Juggernaut and Yelena Belova are only 1*, they are quite common so you will easily get enough covers (from cover tokens and missions) to complete them later when you get enough cover slots. Venom is more useful than either of them I think - he is very useful along with Spider-Man because he can generate web tiles too.

14. Bil

Bil New Member

Dec 3, 2013
    #234 Bil, Dec 4, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
    Thanks for the answer.
    I only used one time the hero point for covers, now I have 13 slots, the 14th will be for Hawkeye (Modern).
    However, I don't mind to collect every cover/pg, I need XP for livel up my roster and I've few HP, so I think i sell covers of pg like Yelena Belova and Jaggernaut; even if I get them in my roster I don't think I will use them or how they could be useful for my game...

15. idub76

idub76 Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Man it's good to be playing PQ again.

Does anyone have an idea as to the requirements to unlock the rewards on stages? It seems to be pretty random, but I'm wondering if it's linked to damage taken/completion speed? Apologies if this has been asked and answered earlier in the thread.

16. Bil

Bil New Member

Dec 3, 2013
    What's the best Thor's skills to level up? The weakest is the red skill?

17. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Yellow skill by far, it's super powerful. Green skill is the weakest.

18. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    Not sure what you mean. If you mean on the prologue PvE stages, it is random which you get. Once you have gotten an aard, there is a chance you will get 20 iso instead of one of the remaining rewards, but again, it is a random chance. Same goes for 70 vs 140 for tournament fights (50/50 split).

Red skill maxed at 5 is by far the most important. Most common build is 5/5/3, but maxing the red is vital. Not much difference between 5/5/3 or 5/4/4.

19. idub76

idub76 Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Yeah, I meant the PvE. Cheers, figured out it was totally random after a bit more playing around. Kinda sucks but hey, we wouldn't be playing PQ if we didn't like a bit of grinding right? :p

20. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Hanging on to first right now in the hunt tournament! Been going back and forth in the top ten all day. Really liking this tournament, they really are getting creative. Really want Punisher!