Universal Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign (by D3PA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Exact-Psience, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Jazzpha

Jazzpha Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    It sucks that the price for the guaranteed Iron Man 40 pack is so high, because he's a total beast but it would cost around 30-40 bucks to potentially get all three of his powers, even just one level each. I managed to hit the 500 point ranking and got one for free, but I highly doubt I'll be able to hit 1200 for a second one before the end of the tournament.

And I doubt they'll put him into packs after this, either.

2. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    I assume he will feature as mission or tournament rewards in the future, it's easier for them to do that that it is for them to introduce new characters.

3. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Yeah I got him too for the tournament but will be hard to earn more, I'm sure in the future he'll be available for less.

Man this tournament is tough though I was ranked 27th earlier and now I'm down to 93rd. Hate revenge wish we could just battle and not have to worry about losing it all back, In turn wasting your health.

4. heretik

heretik Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    So its just me that got two common iron mans. Bleh :p

5. phlage

phlage Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2013
    I screwed up and mistapped when I meant to swipe and got him for 1100 :eek:

Watch out, there is no confirmation on that screen or on the level powers.

6. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    If you email support, they can fix this for you. I accidentally trained an ability for 4* wolverine and they fixed it for me. Expect a response to take a couple of business days.

7. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    What are you referring to? There was a special token at...500 points I think that was a guaranteed IM40 draw. The earlier tokens were not the same.

8. lokiburn

lokiburn New Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Anyone know?

Which hero's do you opponents fight in tournaments? Whichever you fought your last battle with? I mean, if I'm waiting for my beasts to regenerate, and I play some pve with weaker heros, will those be the ones shown to my opponents in the pvp tournament??

9. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    No, the team you defend with is specific to each tournament (whichever you used last in that tourney).

10. elsestar

elsestar New Member

Nov 15, 2013
    Am I the only one thinking the price for the iap is too damn high? I know you don't really need it, but in order to upgrade any hero other than the standards it is next to impossible since you need to get lucky to get the same hero in 2 drawings.

11. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    I'm inclined to agree, although I'm not even sure the IAP is too high.

Attempting to make any real progress just feels like trying to navigate a Rube Goldberg device... :rolleyes:

Way too many things to consider, spend money on, chances to gain or lose big... really struggling to get a core group built, and feeling like it shouldn't be nearly this frustrating to do something that at it's base should be a pretty simple thing.

I'm currently just putzing around in single player and hoping for more "balancing..."

Am I the only one who isn't getting "boost" drops anymore? :confused:

DBC

12. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Keep playing and participating in the battle and lightning rounds you get a lot of heros that way. Currently I'm in the top 5 on the Thor one going on now. I have a good team of Thor ironman and the stronger storm. All level 50s. Just keep playing you will get there.

13. blackbear219

blackbear219 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Didn't get my reward for the Thor tourney that ended last night. pretty lame.

14. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Do you just play and plan on losing a lot? Not trying to be sarcastic (it's the internet, figured I'd clarify), but 9 out of 10 potential opponents are WAY stronger than me.

Is it better to just keep trying? Further, how are people upgrading cards? I never seem to get cards, and when I do they're not the ones I need, and upgrading is, well, a bit pricey otherwise...

Finally, how many card slots are people opening? Just wondering if there is any kind of consensus on how many slots is "enough."

Thanks for any advice. :)

DBC

15. blackbear219

blackbear219 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    I have 22 slots with 21 of them filled. I always stay one ahead of my current collection and have spent no real money expanding it.

As far as being overmatched all the time, just keep skipping opponents until you find one that's in your league.

16. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    I just got iron man model 40 from my first pack after reinstalling. Is it good?

17. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Yeah he's very good but you really need to train him with more powers to be effective.

18. Jazzpha

Jazzpha Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Agreed. His yellow power is great for supporting a character with a strong red attack, like Thor. But if you want him to be able to hold his own, you need his red power at the very least.

19. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    If an opponent's too strong then skip them. I sometimes have to skip loads of opponents before I can find one I think I can defeat without too much damage.

Upgrading cards - first get all the ones you can from the PvE missions.
    I've never upgraded a skill with HP, I think it's too expensive, I wait until I get the covers I need.
    You can easily get enough points in each PvP tournament to get a Recruit Token, it's usually the first (or second?) award for less than 100 points.

Cover slots - I open a new one when I need it, so I have 1 more than the number of characters I have. How cover slots and the cover cache works is changing in the next patch, you'll be able to upgrade and sell directly from the cache, so you won't need a spare cover slot any more.

Also do as many missions in the Heroic Mode Juggernaut chapter - it's a good source of HP.

And I'm still getting boost drops.

20. Jospe

Jospe Member

Jun 18, 2009
    Does anybody know if there's a wikia or some other website with a list of all the heroes in the game + their abilities?

It seems like there's a pretty limited set of heroes in the game at this point (the Marvel Universe is huge, and so far there's only a handful of heroes in the game).

It'd also be great to see a breakdown of all the powers, and what colors they need to activate, etc. ESPECIALLY for heroes that I haven't unlocked yet.