Universal Marvel Mighty Heroes (by DeNA Corp.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by strivemind, Mar 25, 2015.

1. gaymerX

gaymerX Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2014
    The SAME game? So they are both kids games? Do I need to play either one?

2. HallmarkCard

HallmarkCard Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2015
    No, they are definitely not. This would be the cliff notes of that game so to speak or the bite sized version without a single player campaign. It's just co-op mode. I don't know of any other multiplayer mode.

It's a nice time waster but doesn't have the full experience like the other one has.

3. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Looking for friends in-game. Chieftain is my call sign. You can edit ur name from the player123 format they start you with.

I'm liking this. It's freemium of course (that's DeNA for you), but so far it's pretty balanced. I just hope cash is obtainable in some regular manner. So far seems to only be given when leveling up, and 4* characters are 500+...

4. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Add me JCman7 :)

5. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    What's up JC?! Sweet

6. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    The gameplay feels choppy and the controls are not smooth at all. I can't imagine having fun with this for a long time. Content seem pretty repetitive, too. Am I missing something? Cause as is I really do not like the game.

7. parallax1

parallax1 New Member

Mar 12, 2015
    Don't waste your time...

As a big fan of diablo and Marvel IP, I think there is certainly a great game that could be made by mashing up the two.

This isn't that game.

Forgetting about the pretty bad fremium components (come back every 2 hours to play more) there just isn't enough of a game here to get into in the first place. It is literally a series of 60 second bouts, where the gameplay consists of tapping on a bad guy, watching your character run there and beat someone, and repeat until the timer runs out. It would be a bit pathetic as a mini-game. An abomination as the sole game.

I'm not fundamentally opposed to fremium games, when done right - Marvel War of Heroes, TaiChi Panda, and others have been a lot of fun for me. This just has me scratching my head - how can Marvel make amazing movies with budgets stretching into the hundreds of millions, and they release games like this that appear to have had about 3 weeks of development? (I'm sure there was way more time spent... it just isn't evident in the finished product)

8. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    @Parallax - one of the beauties of being owned by Disney. Hock that franchise out there, see what comes back.

9. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Nothing much how about you?? Thanks for the add!! Let's beat some baddies!

10. Laire

Laire Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Overworked Graphic Designer :)
    I'll give them credit about one thing - they don't hide the fact how low your odds are of getting good freemium draws. They give you the exact numbers: 95% chance at 1*, 4.75% chance at 2*, 0.2% chance at 3*, 0.05% chance at 4*, and 0.01% chance at 5*.

Still, I guess it's better than some games in that you at least HAVE a one-in-10,000 chance at getting a 5* from your daily freebie.

And even with premium draws you need a "Natural 20" to get anything better than 3*, and "3x chances at key hero" don't help your odds in the slightest (other than making a 4*, if you happen to spin one normally, be more likely to be that hero).

11. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    Yeah buddy! This game isn't too bad at all. I double up on energy for each run but I have enough games with timers, it all balances out. Haters, hate somewhere else. For what this is, it's pretty good

12. henryfakesmile

henryfakesmile Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    thanks for saving me from downloading these f2p crap, i wouldn't want such BS appear in my purchase history

13. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    I find myself coming back to play more, but I also agree that the "buy in" is pretty damn steep. DeNA.....I just think they're trashing my most beloved franchises right now....those franchises are making money hand over fist....that certainly doesn't make it right.....

Can we go back to when liking comic book characters potentially got ur @$$ kicked by the school bully? I liked those odds a lot better (and usually won!....unlike all this "spin the bull$#!+ wheel o' $#!+ luck"..... DeNA, stop dumping stanky @$$ deuces all over what a lot of us grew up with......rant over....unless they offend again

14. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    So I've kept playing this game, in the interest of having dropped $$. I still haven't gotten a 4* or 5*, only 3* Ronin (Hawkeye), a dupe 3* Hulk and a few forgetable 1-2* heroes. I've been doing ok but cannot get to titanium league (for a shot at Iron Man). I've currently got just shy of 100k points, and that's with using all battle energy I earned or won + staying on top of the timer. Yet there are guys at 400k points at the top of my division.

Every time the leaderboard refreshes now (2 days instead of 24 hrs like it was originally), the guys at the top are exponentially further in points, so I don't know how to cycle into a league where I'll have a shot at top 5. And the typical (crappy) lotto system is rigged with horribly low drop odds for 4-5* characters....yet I see plenty of them in battles and it makes me wonder how much they've spent, or if they were beta testers.

On one positive note, I just noticed the battle energy cap is now 20 instead of 10. As far as I know, the battles still only cost 1 energy, so it looks like DeNA is listening and trying to give dedicated gamers a decent chance (somewhat....)

15. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    The game seems to be running pretty smooth. I played all the way through the tournament's end and within literally 5 minutes I got all my rewards (including MK42 Iron Man, whoohoo!).

The new tourney immediately started, and points towards the new leaderboards were working with no issues. With the 20 energy now, you can choose to go all in on 6 runs at max energy and try to get max EP, or like I do, assume a few top finishes and a few bottom finishes and mostly land 2nd. Chapter 2 just started, and the tourney is on. Whichever league you finished in; that's where you'll start out ##