Universal MARVEL Future Fight (by Netmarble Games Corp.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Mar 20, 2015.

1. J Cousteau

J Cousteau Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Just got Blade, hoping he turns out pretty decent, blade was always a favorite of mine

2. tornadogaming

tornadogaming Active Member

Feb 28, 2015
    #102 tornadogaming, Mar 25, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
    +1 to this.
    We've been clearing stages with Captain America and then switching to Iron Man to clear bosses. The fact that you can hit them at distance (both with normal hits and specials) is a big plus.

On a separate note, do you think the pool of free heros in the event at the moment is restricted to a specific set?
    We've rejected Ironfist (because we had him already), Blade and Falcon so far.

From what is on the forum, and reading the text ticker, the "free" hero pool so far looks like:
    Daredevil
    Ironfist
    Luke Cage
    Blade
    War Machine
    Falcon
    Ghost Rider
    Winter Soldier
    Hawkeye

Any others???

3. Crazyboy423

Crazyboy423 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Studdent
    France
    Just received 5000 gold for the launch event

4. TheMerc

TheMerc Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
    From what I understand, any future characters that might be released will probably be unlocked by playing time-limited events, correct? If so, here's a question for all of you who're already playing this: considering how you feel about the game thus far, could you see yourself potentially buying IAP packs of characters?

I only ask this because I've been slowly realizing that I'm getting rather tired of the concept of timed events (between Avengers Alliance on FB, Injustice and Contest of Champions, among others, it's getting to be too much and, speaking for myself only, proves to be counterproductive: when I notice that I'm scheduling my activities around a game, I'm much more likely to ditch the game entirely than I am to keep playing it) and I'd be curious to see if the feelings of the community here match mine or if I'm the exception to the rule.

Personally, considering what I've seen of this game, I would have absolutely no problem forking over the money to buy a 3-or-4-character IAP pack. That'd be (a) a less cynical method of monetization: instead of selling consumables that could be used to progress in the event only to increase one's chances of ranking in the top spots, why not cut out the middleman and offer the prize in exchange for that money? The new Disney Infinity game is doing it, and it seems to be working just fine. There's always the chance that this might prove to be less profitable than straight-up consumable IAPs, but is a Random-Consumable #1 IAP all that likely to outsell an Unlock Rocket Raccoon IAP?; and (b) a much 'cleaner' method of introducing new characters. If, for instance, they introduce an X-Men-themed character pack this month, and a Guardians of the Galaxy pack the next (and price them at $5 for a couple characters), that would certainly keep the game dynamic and would be a better way to make the game seem more, for lack of a better word, 'respectable' (as in, all the 'serious' console games have DLC packs, why can't a F2P mobile game have them too?).

I'd just be interested in hearing your thoughts (and if this sparks some friendly debate on the subject, even better).

5. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Add Sharon Carter

You probably all know this but have a look at the different achievements in the game, as fulfilling them gives you energy to continue playing. Keep an eye on your player level, too, as leveling up replenishes energy, too.

Biometrics are available from the Dimension Rift, too, so one can get more than three a day from Elite Missions.

6. J Cousteau

Feb 21, 2014
    I've never invested any real time or only into any free to play games, aside from hearthstone which I've been playing for a year now, but this is the first "timer" FTP game that has really sucked me in.

I was really apprehensive about the lottery system method, and I think I still am, however the game (so far) just gives you so many chances to succeed that it's hard to get mad at it.

Its random, but at the same time the game tells you exactly where to farm. Unlocking the heroes, and then subsequently leveling them up, varies in difficulty based on what level they are at, but its the free chests and dimension zones that randomly pop up that let you farm for heroes "tokens" that makes it bareable and almost exciting?

I say that to say this, the IAP I've seen so far isn't pay to win (from what I've seen), you still have to grind for whatever you want, level and get lucky just like everyone else. I think if we could just outright buy the heroes it would take some of fun out of it only because you'd have everyone just buying the "best" ones and being done with it.

I could be wrong though, I've only spent 2 and a half days with the game so far, but I've been playing pretty much all day after work nonstop.

7. J Cousteau

Feb 21, 2014
    Btw has anyone figured out what time the server/day-time resets are?

I haven't gotten a pop up for the free hero event, where you accept or decline yet and it's 6am est here, I think It popped up around 4am yesterday though.

Also none of my quests/dailies reset yet. If anyone figures it out the info would be much appreciated

8. TheMerc

TheMerc Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Don't get me wrong: from what I've seen, the game seems to be quite fair in how it allows players to unlock the characters that are already available. I was merely talking about IAPs for future characters, instead of timed events.

9. amusing Grace

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    It resets at 4pm in Germany

10. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    I totally agree with you. I haven't played this game to know if that is the case but I'm soooo with you that when it comes to timer events and how it impedes my sleep, I'm done with those. I'd much rather lay down some cash for what I want than spend every waking minute thinking about the event and scheduling my next availability to play again.

11. J Cousteau

Feb 21, 2014
    Fair enough, I do like the idea of the expansions you were talking about, like the themed ones.
    A fantastic 4 would be awesome, I need some silver surfer in my life

12. J Cousteau

Feb 21, 2014
    3 and a half hours then! Thank you very much

13. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I'm sick of timed events and random roulette games to maybe get characters, but probably end up with small health potions. It makes me feel like I'm wasting time. At least Injustice and Avengers Alliance give you the chance to buy most characters outright. The other Marvel games would actually get my money if they offered that. I will pay to unlock the characters I want if I'm guaranteed to unlock the characters I want.

14. amusing Grace

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    I like that one can unlock all heroes, except two or three, just by playing the game.
    And there is an awful lot of them.

15. J Cousteau

Feb 21, 2014
    I've finally seen war machine in action during PvP, he seems pretty badass. His Gatling gun attack does a lot of damage, I'd take him over ironman if i got the chance.

16. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    It seems like the only things you should need to spend money on (or that it would be logical to spend on) is energy refills. The game refills VERY slowly. Like, 6 hours from empty to full. That's insane. If there was a one-time to remove the energy or perhaps increase the speed by a significant amount, I'd pay that. But paying for boxes which might have something worthless? I doubt I'd ever do that.

17. hitmantb

hitmantb Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    #117 hitmantb, Mar 25, 2015
    Because the console DLC model makes peanuts compared to the mobile freemium model. Marvel: Contest of Champions made more money than any console based Marvel game. It is a top 10-20 grossing game and far exceeded what Injustice every accomplished on mobile. In fact, its presence knocked Injustice out of top 50 grossing for good.

Having said that, new generation freemium games (started with DOTA Legend aka Heroes Charge) released in 2015 usually offers at least four paths of player progression: Free premium currency for lottery, replay elite stages for character tokens, 24/48 hours chests, and events. Lottery alone is just not enough these days. Also all characters can be 5-stared. Character tokens is a GREAT advancement in design, it gives players a real reason to replay older stages and is a much better model than say, 5% chance to drop the character which leads to burn out after 20 fruitless runs.

Looks like M:FF fully adapted the modern freemium model, has great gameplay and combined with its IP, is destined to be a top of the chart game when released alongside the new Avenger movie.

For those playing the game:

Do they offer AI auto-play / sweep of contents you already beat?

It is another hallmark of modern freemium games, ability for whales to quickly spend stamina for farming, reduce repetition and burn out syndrome.

18. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    I'm running my lower-level characters through early stages to earn biometrics for Ultron. His Elite level is fairly easy and I'm nearly halfway to getting him. The system works great. Concentrate on what you want and ignore the character you don't care about (Vision)

Yes, once you 3-star a level you can press auto-play and watch your people run through it. They won't open chests (breakable objects with extra items) or switch out when getting low on health, so this isn't too smart if you want loot, but you do get XP. You can also earn Clear Tickets which let you automatically win a level you've already cleared, earning all the loot inside but no XP. These both cost the amount of energy it would take.

19. hitmantb

hitmantb Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    #119 hitmantb, Mar 25, 2015
    Holy crap, sounds like they completely copied the DOTA Legend / Heroes Charge (top 10 grossing in China/Korea, and Netmarbles is a Korean developer) system!

I LOVE this design! I always believed DOTA Legend/Heroes Charge has far and away the best freemium system by a mile. It is something every single developer, regardless of core game play system, should emulate. I will probably refuse to play any game without ability to insta-farm levels I already beat in the near future.

This is the feature that allows players to spend as little or as much time as they want with a game and still feel like they are making progress. If I need to spend a day's stamina in 1 minute, I can do it. Without it, just too much of a chore to spend stamina and much easier to burn out.

20. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I took Falcon for the hero event thing!