Universal MARVEL Future Fight (by Netmarble Games Corp.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Mar 20, 2015.

1. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Holy... this is a free-to-play, slimmed-down version of Marvel Ultimate Alliance. Wow.

2. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    What's the installed size?

3. Pyapiopi

Pyapiopi Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    #63 Pyapiopi, Mar 23, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2015

1. Friends characters are assists. You click their portrait in a mission and they come out and fight alongside you for 10 seconds or so. Can only be done once per mission.

2.no skill trees per se. You start with two skills. And as you rank up (requires biometric pieces) you learn more. You can also level up skills but it costs gold, and eventually the gold costs just cost to much for small gains. Most skill dmg comes from the % side which never increases, so all my skills are relatively low still.

Also you can "Master" heroes. This requires Norn Stones, which are dropped in elite missions relatively frequently. This provides a Leadership Passive that effects all heroes. Pretty basic stuff generally. +% attack, defense, hp. A few unique ones such as blade gives life leech (only way in game I've seen to get it).

3.they did this part right. No character is a throw away. In fact you can actually see every characters maxed stats through the in-game "Marvel Universe" encyclopedia. All characters are good, just skills differentiate them.

4.the equipment is static, no choices here except for ISO-8. But until late game these are very small bonuses.

4. hitmantb

hitmantb Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    #64 hitmantb, Mar 23, 2015
    Thanks! It sounds like the Heroes Charge system which I love.

Your starting free characters all have their place in end game contents.

Are there team synergy bonuses for keeping specific characters together on one team?

One last question, what is the benefit of having say, a large box of characters vs focusing on say, your go-to trio? I am guessing there are type advantages/disadvantages similar to Puzzles and Dragons's fire < water < wood < fire kind of thing?

5. Pyapiopi

Sep 13, 2014
    Well the big thing is the pvp. In pvp you are able to slot 4 assist characters. It's not much but eventually it may be game changing. They get used in the order you slotted them with a 15 seconds cool down in between each one. All they do is come out and do a single skill. But it appears (since I've used a level 1 falcon and did good damage) that they get bonus damage for this one skill. So us eventually you will have a team of "7" more or less.

You also can create 3 teams once you hit level 10/20 to unlock more slots. While not a huge difference, some bosses are actually resistant to certain attacks. It's not s huge damage difference in these cases. At least not yet.

6. hitmantb

hitmantb Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Is PVP controlled by player fighting AI controlled opponents?

Too bad you can't control when to use a specific skill.

Rewards from PVP is points to trade for shards?

7. Pyapiopi

Sep 13, 2014
    Ya pvp you fight a ai controlled enemy. It's basically just you and the enemy punching each other and using skills as soon as off cool down

8. TheMerc

TheMerc Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
    #68 TheMerc, Mar 23, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
    Going by what you guys are describing (excluding the constant connection requirement), this sounds like an excellent Marvel game! I really like the notion that I can use my favorite characters through the entirety of the game. That's one of my pet peeves with Injustice: if my favorite character is a bronze/silver card, the game would probably force me not to use them in favor of a gold character I might not be as fond of (the same goes for Contest of Champions). Here, that doesn't seem to be the case, which is great!

One request: would it be possible for someone to post a list (or a video) of the characters currently available? EDIT: Found a video already, thank you anyway.

9. Silvestris

Silvestris Well-Known Member

#69 Silvestris, Mar 23, 2015
    Disappointed at the lack of x-characters...

10. tornadogaming

tornadogaming Active Member

Feb 28, 2015
    There is a list of specific teams that get bonuses (extra attack, defence, etc) if you can put them together.
    This might be incentive to rank up a broader range of characters than the 3 you start with.

11. andysmash

Apr 6, 2011
    #71 andysmash, Mar 23, 2015
    Am I right in what I'm seeing here? Elite Chapter 1, Mission 3 has a chance to give War Machine biometrics. I just got 3. So if I grind that over and over, I should have enough to get him? Is there a daily limit to that, or something?

UPDATE: Aha, answering my own question. You can do each of those 3 times. That's awesome. So you can progress through getting these characters a little bit at a time each day. Still some random chance, but you know what you're working toward. I don't care about Vision, so I'm skipping that one. I DO care about War Machine, so I'm working on that one.

Cool. Real cool.

12. tornadogaming

tornadogaming Active Member

Feb 28, 2015
    We're working through the War Machine grind as well (Elite 1-3) and the Vision grind (Elite 1-5). I mentioned previously, got War Machine on the android phone and really want him for the team on the ipad.
    The drop rate on War Machine doesn't seem that great, however it might just that we haven't been lucky enough!

On a separate note, we finished Chapter 1 on Elite and received a free hero box - got Iron Fist as a result. Will pop a vid up a bit later on.
    Anyway, i think this means you get a random character after completing Elite Chapter 1 which is a good incentive.

13. J Cousteau

J Cousteau Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Man so far this game is awesome.

I keep getting owned though by Ghost Rider in chapter 4: stage four

I keep getting him down to about 1/4 health left but can't keep on the pressure before I die.

Anyone have any tips? I have level 24 Capt. America, 24 iron man and 24 Ghost Rider. Lol my ghost rider is nowhere as good as him.

14. J Cousteau

J Cousteau Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Haha right after typing that I decided to try once more before bed.
    Just barely beat him with one hero left

If anyone else gets stuck, I figured out I had to avoid his flame breathe attack, then hit him when he stops, he does it twice in a row and it will like take half your life, at least it did to my characters.

15. gabed-em

gabed-em Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2015
    First time I have used a different account for a soft launch.

When it is properly released I start from scratch, right?

16. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Sweet event going on where you can pick a free hero pretty much.

17. Pyapiopi

Sep 13, 2014

Well if you connect your Facebook it should link the account at global release

18. Pyapiopi

Sep 13, 2014
    Ya very cool event. Everyday you log I it presents a hero. You can accept the hero, and then event is over and it's yours. If you reject you'll get a new random hero the next day.

On lSt day of event you won't be able to reject and you'll be given whatever is there. I like it.

19. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #79 Vovin, Mar 24, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
    Who's that chick in the middle of screenshot 4? (first post)

20. andysmash

Apr 6, 2011
    You mean "last day" you won't be able to reject, right?

I was offered Blade, but I rejected because I'm holding out for someone like Captain Marvel or Iron Fist, if possible. They'd be great. There was no indication as to how long the event is going to last, right?