Universal MARVEL Contest of Champions - (by Kabam)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 6, 2014.

1. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    I though the $20 deal was pretty good. You get much more than just dead pool. I bought it and managed to get dead pool 3, black panther 4, and iron fist 3. And to my surprise, deadpool was maxed out! rank 4/4 level 40/40. Also I got two tier 3 mutant iso8 which saved me tona of grinding for my starlord. Pretty good deal If I say so myself.

And maybe try reinstalling it. I get a matchup under 3 seconds.

2. DASH

DASH Active Member

Graphics are rubbish? Hmm, I think it pretty OK (lights, textures, shaders are pretty decent)...

3. ypai1217

ypai1217 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2013
    Good game .. Liking it so far. Btw what's the best use of credits? (Premium currency). I used 200 to buy the premium crystals and got two two star characters. Is there a better use?

4. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    I just don't believe all the negativity thrown at this game. For 2 years, Marvel: Avengers Alliance has used similar timers, multiple currencies, and had single player as well as PvP. This is a similar formula but with the fighting twist. I think the fm graphics are well done. Cell shaded, vibrant, and detailed. If you want Injustice, play it and not this. So far, I'm really enjoying this game. My only issue is some of the lag-out when the game is loading between battles or from home to inventory etc..

But I agree with the top of this page, haters go away. Stop trying to spam the thread.

My question, is where can we go to find some FAQ on this? There's no wiki yet.....

5. chimSIMA

chimSIMA Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2012
    Personal Trainer
    Sacramento
    Streak :$

Attached Files:

6. tahzblade

tahzblade Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2012
    Awesome.

7. tahzblade

Nov 27, 2012
    #167 tahzblade, Dec 12, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
    I hope TA makes a guide on how to earn currency in this game.

Man gotta grind! I really want to get Iron-man, Star-lord, Hulk, Wolverine, Thor, Bla- I'm going to stop cause the list will never end.

In all seriousness my main priority so far is to get Iron-man, Star-lord and Thor.

Enjoying this game.

8. osabball1

osabball1 New Member

Dec 10, 2013
    It is an improvement to injustice big time. I have played it for months now and know that many character are coming and I think they are making 3 4 2 1 star crystals but that's what I think all in all its an amazing game better than injustce

9. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    Jesus! My highest is 12... And i got destroyed when i reached it.
    Any tips?

10. taiga97

taiga97 Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2014
    Although this is free it's very good, I actually think it's a bit better than injustice, I think the lottery system is great, I like not knowing what I'm gonna get. Fighting ai is a bit repetitive but the fight do get harder, the controls work well, but it's kind of weird doing med attacks. I haven't encountered a paywall yet, and don't think I will any time soon(if there are any) it's fairly easy getting units for the lottery, if you save up you can easily get premiums. The only problem I get is crashes on occasion, but that might be cuz of my device. If you've read this far great, there's no harm in trying a free game, it's pretty good.

11. chimSIMA

chimSIMA Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2012
    Personal Trainer
    Sacramento
    Just be smart with your blocks and counters. As your streak goes up, so does the difficulty of the character you face. This means you have to get hit far less than usual. Just practice blocks, counters, fakes, etc in quest mode

12. demod1

demod1 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2012
    I am definitely enjoying this game! I can't complain about the graphics like some people… Just too picky. I just think it's a lot of fun and I enjoy the gameplay. I played all the online versus matches that I could and whooped the snot out of everyone I faced! Must be a lot of Noobs playing this game because I'm far from a great gamer! Not nearly enough time on my hands. That didn't stop me from playing this until 5 AM. It would definitely be a shame if I end up hitting up paywall though. I definitely won't mind picking up some in app purchases, but I can't respect a game with a pay wall. We'll see… So far, so good!

13. araziza

araziza Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    I play injustice, and I decided to try this. I like both quite a bit, and have really been enjoying the gameplay. My big complaint is they are REALLY stingy with the characters.
    1) they're random, so you can't get the ones you want.
    2) the crystals are really expensive, and grinding the chips to buy them is really time consuming, they are very few and far between
    3) once you do get the premium crystals, the decent characters still rarely show up. I've redeemed 3 premium crystals and around 50 challenge crystals and still only have 2 star heroes to show for it.
    The gameplay is fine, really enjoyable, but injustice has a FAR better collection system,

14. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Yeah, in all my attempts at getting Iron Man, I haven't even seen his portrait show up once I go to open the crystal. Wish I could just save an amount to buy specifically him.

15. Ikeda

Ikeda Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Largo, FL
    This. I've popped 5 crystals now. All 2 stars, no big names. I've popped 2 of the Punisher Crystals and got gold... like I need 20K in gold....

16. tahzblade

Nov 27, 2012
    Is there a way to rank up heroes ? (Example 2 star hero to 3 star hero.)

17. Legendary_Slayer

Legendary_Slayer Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2012
    Max out there level and you'll get the option. Only certain characters can rank up though, for instance the 1 star heroes I have only go to 2 stars, while my 2 star heroes (started at 2 stars) go to 4 stars.

18. NelsonH

NelsonH Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Game Developer
    US
    Better than I expected

I was really expecting something else - I didn't expect to play this game for hours.

I do agree with most you, I wish they had more characters.

Hopefully when marvel update it, they will add more, like Injustice does.

19. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
  20. tahzblade

Nov 27, 2012
    #180 tahzblade, Dec 13, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
    Thank you!

Edit: You can rank up but cannot increase the tier (ammount of stars your champion has ) but thanks anyways.