Universal MARVEL Contest of Champions - (by Kabam)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 6, 2014.

1. toptrops

toptrops Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2014
  2. justcallmedewey

justcallmedewey Active Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Would be a good game if it didn't require internet connection. Uninstalled

3. islesfan

islesfan Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    There is no question the Marvel universe is far superior to the DC universe, but the game has to be better to keep me playing. Time will tell. I read Marvel, but I play Injustice.

4. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Scrolled through all 15 pages. Didn't see it mentioned yet. So, how big is this app installed? Does it download more after the initial 250mb?

5. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    483 total

6. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Wow! That's really decent. Might give it go then.

7. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Just some points. Lag noticeable during fights. Don't like the cartoonish graphics. Could have made them more life like. The prices are like 'you've got to be kidding'. Deadpool special pack $24.99? I'm a Marvel fanatic but Injustice is better, way better.

Having said that, if the fighting didn't have the lag and the graphics were as good as Injustice it would be better than injustice so still a lot of work to do here to drag me away from Injustice.

8. worldcitizen1919

Jun 27, 2012
    Noticeable lag during fighting makes it better? Graphics are rubbish. Nothing I can see that'll drag me away from DC and I'm crazy about Marvel. This is a fail in my book. Needs a lot more polish to compete with Injustice. Not quite there yet. A long way to go.

9. worldcitizen1919

Jun 27, 2012
    Exactly. Agree 109%. As soon as I saw the cartoonish childish graphics it turned me off. In Avengers Alliance the heroes are awesome but this is real trashy. Next, I got a lot of lag while fighting. Can't see myself playing this much. I'm terribly disappointed. I suppose it fails because it's compared with Injustice in every way and it just doesn't stack up. Might just delete this. Needs a hell of a lot more work. Just released too soon.

10. madreviewer

madreviewer Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2013
    The only reason I read doc is for batman and arrow. I think I am gonna start reading comstantine.
    And I am not a marvel hater
    I like dead pool
    Punisher
    Wolverine
    And I use to like the hulk, until it got trained like pet to roll on his back
    It's just that they make the marvel universe less dark than the dc univers.
    I want some maturity in this univers, and please stop making amazing spider man movies.
    And make a venom movie where he actually kill people and do not act like a failed clown.

11. Caminagetcha

Caminagetcha Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2008
    I've started playing it and kind of like it.... The other dc fighting game I didn't like much but this is cool. Don't know if after some time I'll get bored but at least for now it's good :p am I the only one enjoying this?

12. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    #152 curtisrshideler, Dec 11, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
    Ok. So after playing a little, here's my thoughts.

The loading is long sometimes, exceeding minutes at a time. So, I have to close the app completely to continue. Unfortunately, it didn't save the fights I had already finished in that specific quest. So, it didn't save even though it was online.

The end of each fight is anti-climactic. First of all, there's no finishing blow, and the last hit seems faster than the rest. It should be a slow-motion final blow before we see the winner do his pose or whatever.

Also, after selecting a battle during a quest, it didn't have a back button. So, I couldn't back out of a fight allowing me to save mid-quest.

My first versus match was a against a level 9 even though I'm only level 2. Not a balanced match up system at all.

Other than that, it is playing okay on my 5S. I definitely enjoy Injustice AND Batman Arkham Origins more than this fighter as of now. Mostly, i can see the online requirement keeping me from playing much.

13. worldcitizen1919

Jun 27, 2012
    It's not a bad game but I personally feel it just lacks quality, class, finesse and professional finishing touches that could have made it a great game. For me personally the champions could have been rendered much more realistically and are an eye sore. The fighting quite basic but too simple. I like some things like winning champions and loot. There are some good ideas in there but I feel another 6 months and it could have been a great game. I'm sort of enjoying it and sort of not.

14. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Are anyone else's versus events missing after the update?
    And whats your guys' highest streak? Im at 11 right now

15. pinOi32

pinOi32 Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2014
    #155 pinOi32, Dec 11, 2014
    Wow, it's finally out. :D

Edit: It needs iOS 7, of course... Argh!

16. tahzblade

tahzblade Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2012
    #156 tahzblade, Dec 11, 2014
    It is your opinion that the graphics are rubbish. I don't think you understand what Marvel was aiming for. I personally think the graphics are amazing. The graphics are not "Realistic" or life like but that's not what Marvel was aiming for. The graphics in this game are meant to be comic like and sort of cartoonish and this game does it right. It's a blend of 3D cartoonish comic like graphics. This game really feels like a animated comic show brought to life.

A game doesn't have to have outstanding, realistic, life like graphics to look beautiful.

17. yussoupov1

yussoupov1 Member

Mar 19, 2014
    this game is fun. unlike another game where you don't really fight.

18. Ikeda

Ikeda Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Largo, FL
    Maybe it's only because I've 100%'d the first chapter with about 5 heroes (3 of which are 2 stars).

I'm having fun. I haven't hit the "roadblock" yet. Sure there are timers, but so far it's taken me some serious amount of playtime to hit them. And after the energy, I get 1 fight per character for each character owned for PvP for another set.

Yea there are a ton of crystals... but (shrug)

Spiderman 1 star, already evolved to stage 2 level 2
    Hawkeye 1 star, sidelined
    Vision 2 star, level 6
    Abomination 2 star, level 4
    Drax 2 star, just got

19. poohzombie

poohzombie Active Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Well Gosh golly! I'm surprised. I really like this game. The timers are there, but I've gotten a decent play session in and haven't drained em. Injustice is really cool, but this feels a bit more fluid and more like a fighting game to me. If this gets as much developer love as Injustice has, this will be impossible for me to delete.

20. Silvestris

Silvestris Well-Known Member

I'm more of a Marvel fan than a DC fan, but I still prefer Injustice.

My biggest problem with this game is that you can't earn the individual characters you want, it's just a random grab bag. And the IAP prices are ridiculous (20 dollars for Deadpool?).

And the connection errors are annoying, I can't even get into the game right now.