Universal MARVEL Contest of Champions - (by Kabam)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Yup i played it. something like that with a modern feel like this is what would be awesome.

2. DBrown519

DBrown519 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Environmental, Health, and Safety Fields
    Fullerton (Orange County), CA
    Yo Montanx I'd like a Mavel vs Capcom 1, 2, or 3 port on iOS with MFi. We can also get ports of Capcom vs SNK1 and 2 with MFi. Also using Game Center to connect to fighting anyone in the world.

3. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    #63 oscar123967, Oct 12, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2014
    Finally decided to download this...
    I want to say bye bye to injustice now, but I like the DC heroes much more than the marvel heroes :(... Step up your game netherrealm!

Hopefully they'll have the coc fighting system with the injustice energy/store system/tagging system in injustice 2:D

4. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    This game has surprising longevity, even for someone who has little love for Marvel, and who prefers his fighting games to go off the deep end of complexity. There is skill to be had and used, and the collection and upgrade mechanic is shamelessly effective and hook-ish.

But I would have wanted greater diversity between the different fighters, not just in stats (attack power, hp, passive skills, synergies and secondary effects of special moves), but in feel, style and general characteristics. When you're not unleashing super moves (that might appear different, but mostly just do lots and lots of damage), you might as well be playing any fighter in the game. No matter if you are chaining light and medium attacks, breaking blocks with heavy, dashing, dodging and blocking, you play in almost the exact same manner.

But it probably increases the mass appeal of the game. Good on Marvel. And possibly us, down some very long line :)

5. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    I've spent a reasonable time with this game now. Its a great game at first, but the more you play the less reasons there are to play. Does that make sense?

6. batreky

batreky Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2014
    NewYork
    When this game available at the US Store ? Or never :(

7. CharliePrince

CharliePrince Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2012
    i think the trailer said christmas

lol

yea, cray

8. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    It really does.

9. TheMerc

TheMerc Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Early December, still during the Fall.

10. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    Yep. Going back to injustice. Fun fighting mechanic but whats the point if the payment model is extremely frustrating. Plus theres an extremly limited range of heroes.

I'll probably come back if they improve the progression system. But for now its deleted.

11. G-Man11

G-Man11 Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2014
    I live in Canada - I tried searching for this in the App Store a couple days ago just for kicks, and it was available!!! I've been playing this the last couple days and am really enjoying it! The game starts you off with two characters and I'm up to 6 already, including a 3-star Juggernaut which I got from a premium crystal yesterday. So far the crystals don't take very long to purchase and the IAP seems fair - I repeat - SO FAR. Hopefully this continues. This game feels a lot faster than Injustice, I don't happen to like Marvel as much as DC, but the fighting certainly has more depth and skill to it here. So far there is only 1 vs 1 fights. Cool game, I'm hooked!

12. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I might have to grab this from my CA account then!

13. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Sweet! Thanks for the post G!

14. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Oh, I had no idea, been wanting to try this so here we go :D

15. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Omg this is good, I cant believe it.

16. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Can anyone tell me how do I change my character that I use in PvP matches? I've tried everything short of just selling the two characters I don't want to use :(

17. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    You need to hit edit team and drag the one you want to the left onto who ever is already there.

18. G-Man11

G-Man11 Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2014
    You're welcome:) This game is addictive! It appears that every MP victory you get gives you a chance to win a Punisher! Anyone get him from MP yet??

19. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Anyone else have the game lock up on you in mid fight? Happened to me numerous times now. But on my first 24 hour draw I got a 2 star Wolverine! Sweeeeeeeet!!! Loving it so far!

20. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Yep, started that crap on me tonight :( loving the game too. I've yet to "win" any characters, but I do have a fully leveled up 2 star Wolverine. I'm ready for the US launch so I can sink some cash into better heroes :D