Universal MARVEL Contest of Champions - (by Kabam)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
  2. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    In spite of myself, in spite of no love for superheroes or simplified brawling mechanics, I'm actually looking forward to this, simply because it is (hopefully at least serviceable and casually fun) fighting with a progression hook. Even the splendid Kinetic Damage, with its basic character progression, doesn't have me coming back for the pleasure of the new and undiscovered, or for the gradual empowering of my fighter(s). I come back for the joy of the fight.

Now, if I could have a fighting game where I'd come back for BOTH... ;)

3. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    #43 Montanx, Oct 9, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
    I played injustice for about 10min before realizing it was dumb, shallow and pointless. Throw in vs mode where you dont even fight a real opponent? Ridiculous. That game is not good and i have no idea why people like it.

Saw the video of this game and it looks better but not much. Unless its a fighting game like Street fighter volt, why bother making it?

4. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    This game is hella alright.

5. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    What the hell is the point of this comment?

6. Montanx

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    The fighting is really responsive and pretty fun. Funny question tho, im playing vs mode, are my opponents real people or AI control? Seems obvious real people but after injustice i feel I have to ask. whomped on 4 people but got handled by a lvl3 colossus.

7. andysmash

Apr 6, 2011
    AI using (I'm pretty sure) the most powerful hero available.

As you get higher win streak you face tougher opponents, which is a really interesting way to do the matchmaking. I trashed four bots in a row, then had a tough fight I barely won, then, like you, got stomped by a Colossus (he seems to be very tough at any level).

8. andysmash

Apr 6, 2011
    Has anyone tried to get a 1-star hero to or past level 10? If so, do they become a 2-star hero? Also, is there any kind of combining / absorbing of duplicate heroes of the same rank? I have a 1-Star and 2-Star Black Panther... I guess that's the overall question. If I rank up the 1-Star, can I combine him with the 2-Star to do something cool?

9. Montanx

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Why cant it be against humans like street fighter?

10. andysmash

Apr 6, 2011
    I'm not the developer, yo. I'm glad it isn't though. Rage quitting ruins fighting games, and there's no easier way to do it than with a phone. When you've got an energy system giving you five fights before the need to recharge, not being able to finish a fight due to the other player bailing would be awful.

11. Montanx

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Seriously someone needs to get to work making a proper marvel streets of rage/final fight style beatem up using this kind of animation/engine.

12. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Ehhhh. I personally would prefer this as it suits my casual side of gaming :)

But that would be a neat idea, though I doubt it'll make as much money

13. andysmash

Apr 6, 2011
    OK, here's your warning. There are these crystals. I found one that was green, gave 200 toward upgrading and had a star on it. It said the crystal is used to rank up heroes. Great! So I applied to to my Spider-Man and nothing happened. Turns out you have to level them to 10 and THEN you can rank them up. The game doesn't warn you about this or tell you what's going to happen before. I only found out via a help file on the developer's site.

So if you see a crystal with a star on it, save it.

Also, I went to claim my daily hero crystal today (chance at a 3-star hero!) and the game crashed when I tried to open it. Came back and I had nothing new in my inventory, and the crystal was gone. I really hope it doesn't become that kind of game.

14. mumurai

mumurai New Member

Oct 8, 2014
    So I currently have four 2 star champs and six 1 star. I've ranked up 1 star champs and no they do not become a 2 star champ. Ranking up your champ just provides additional boosts to their stats (and potentially unlocks another special level).

The max rank for 1star is 2 and max for 2 star is rank 3. At rank two, a 1star unlocks its level two special. 2 star champ have level two specials to begin with and unlock level 3 specials at rank 3. No you cannot combine duplicates (as far as I can tell). I don't have any 3star or 4star champs yet.

15. Still only DK appstore...lame.

16. Kill Rain

Kill Rain New Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Hello guy.
    Sorry for my bad english.

I'm italian but i create an danish account and download the game. This is my first time.
    I love it (i hate crystal but this is another story...)

I need help.
    I download the game and switch in italian account.
    I play without any issue :)D)... but...

1) If the game si updated, go to the danish account for update? After download update my progress in the game are saved even if I change continuously account?

2) On december, when the game is released, not to lose the progress I will continue to play in the Danish version?

thanks in advance!

17. leocold

leocold Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2013
    3D Graphic Designer
    Vancouver
    1) you don't need to switch account to update.
    2) when its released keep playing danish version it will be the same, they might update it thats all.

18. Kill Rain

Kill Rain New Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Thanks!!

19. Silvestris

Silvestris Well-Known Member

If I download it now, does anyone know if there's a way to transfer my data when they release it in the usa later, or would I have to stay with the version downloaded from the danish account?

20. zeratulo

zeratulo Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2014
    There's that old x-men one that was at the arcades way back in the day. I'm sure there's an emulator for it. It had Dazzler, Shadowcat(kitty Pryde), and some other fools.