Universal MARVEL Contest of Champions - (by Kabam)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Silvestris

Silvestris Well-Known Member

To win antman you need to get a high enough rank in the arena.

Though they'll probably give everyone a two star version if he's required to finish the event, like they did with the new characters in the aoa one.

2. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Yeah, I bough one random Ant Man draw before I saw that package but I got him anyway! Then I bought his costume. Now I'm saving up for that package so I can upgrade him like crazy! Just wish I could play it on my 5s, but it just crashes now after I installed CR3. I open it on my iPad 2 daily until it crahses on that. At least this game still opens for me. I'm just getting bored playing versus to get rewards that probably won't even get me Ant Man. I'd definitely pay if I could just buy heroes outright.

3. rapaleeman

rapaleeman Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2013
    Your experience with this game is basically mine.

I actually really like the simple fighting mechanics and the upgrade paths are interesting too. The IAP is borderline out of control though and the game seems to truly go out of its way to mess over the player for spending a few bucks.

I usually don't buy IAP on principle (unless it is a full game unlock or something) but Future Fight is an exception. You get so much for just logging in that it makes it a great time waster and the 4 bucks I spent for the wallet thing that gives you 75 crystals everyday just puts an emphasis on that game wanting to keep you playing. Logging in to get the crystals and whatever bonus of the day (not to mention the many free dudes I've gotten due to the free metrics).

This game should really look at Future Fight to keep people motivated to not only play the game but also spend money. The fighting in this game is super fun bu the simple fact that I'm stuck using fighters that I don't really like due to the way the game dishes them out is rather disappointing.

4. hitmantb

hitmantb Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    https://www.appannie.com/apps/ios/top/united-states/overall/?device=iphone

This game is way more successful than Future Fight unfortunately, it is not even close.

5. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    It is, yes, however, I feel like future fight is more fun and the only one that I've kept on my phone. They keep pushing updates and by TAs recent article, if they stay in top grossing charts, they'll swing some profit.

I also think it's two different gaming styles... Many people prefer the old school street fighter/mortal kombat feel of clash of champs... I have always said that a hack n slash type game, as future fight is, is an acquired taste.

Either way, as long as both are successful enough to keep getting content, it's great to see Marvel continuing to shine.

6. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    This game may be more successful because it's been out longer, and doesn't allow you to buy anything outright. So for people who want certain heroes and don't restrict their IAP budget, they'll spend and spend. I won't. I tried once to get a good hero after buying one IAP and I got a 2 star character that I don't like. Future Fight has allowed me to obtain the heroes I want by literally collecting them. And so, I buy their monthly IAP and sometimes another one here and there. If this one was like that, I would spend more. But I won't be trapped by these gatcha spend a lot to get whatever games. I do enjoy playing it, but only for a few minutes. And especially since I'm playing with heroes that don't get me excited.

And, yeah, I hope they last a while. But with all these server based online games, we'll have to say goodbye to them eventually. Too bad they are made that way. At least we'll always have Lego Marvel.

7. scottbailey

scottbailey Active Member

Nov 2, 2013
    I sent an Alliance request username scott2ten

8. appaddict31

appaddict31 New Member

Sep 24, 2009
    I sent an alliance request.
    Username: ronin2kid

9. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Just to let everyone know, there are two versus events right now that will award you characters. One for Ant-Man and the other for Yellow Jacket. If you keep winning enough you can even obtain a 3 star of each. It's the event I've been waiting for!

10. rangent

rangent Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Open Touch Arcade Alliances?

The alliance I'm in is completely dead except for me (there were only 3 people). I'm playing every day, and wanted to join an alliance with people I have some affiliation with (Touch Arcade). Anyone in an alliance with space for one?

11. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Sure, what's your in game name?

12. PsYcHoNoVa

PsYcHoNoVa Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2013
    
    The new update has ruined this game.

13. hulot

hulot New Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Just requested to join. HerrHulot. Looking for active players and questing groups, thanks!

14. Thebossnigra

Thebossnigra New Member

Jan 25, 2016
    Lost profile

Hi can anyone help my son got logged out of his game which was on his iPad Air when he logged back in it brings up my game he has a different email and password than I do so it doesn't make sense I can't rectify this issue and he is very upset all I have is his username can he get his game back somehow using his username

15. RyanSkotw

RyanSkotw Well-Known Member

May 15, 2015
    You can try delete the game and redownload again, when you launch the game the 1st time it will ask to load your son's profile saved on GameCenter since u used iPad, that way u can get your account back.

16. Blackcat

Blackcat Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Hi I just sent a request, new to the game but very active.
    In game name Blackcto9

17. Bucktroo

Bucktroo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 29, 2011
    Male
    Analyst
    Natural State
    With all the Marvel stuff lately, I'm in a Marvel mood lol

Does anyone around here still play this? If so, how cash-grabby is it? I won't mind spending some money, but really wouldn't mind enjoying a simple F2P game with some superheroes :)

18. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Insanely ca$h grabby;Go play future fight or AA1 or 2.

19. Bucktroo

Bucktroo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 29, 2011
    Male
    Analyst
    Natural State
    #419 Bucktroo, Mar 11, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
    I'm trying Future Fight now. MUCH more engaging than CoC simply b/c I'm getting to throw a shield around haha.

Found AA1, but there is no AA2 on the US store

20. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    It should be coming soon. Honestly you should make an AU or CA account just to play it, this has been a crazy beta. We've had like 10 nerfs and rebalances, the mega shifting three times, and 4 exclusively free unlocked characters in 4 months. I would hate to have started this game late.