Universal MARVEL Contest of Champions - (by Kabam)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 6, 2014.

1. SwipeNova

SwipeNova Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2015
    Had a hard time finding a name that was not taken >_< but i finally found one. sent a TA alliance request.

I'm E.V.E.

2. Ambrodel

Ambrodel New Member

Mar 7, 2015
    Alliance request sent in game for username JoeyLeopold.

3. Mekklesack

Mekklesack Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    #383 Mekklesack, May 8, 2015
    Last edited: May 8, 2015
    Still loving this game and the community aspects are great, what if there was an augmented reality mode were you could fight, pose and take a picture with your champions. Maybe even a little avengers film with the models like a movie maker app that saves to the Camera roll?

Augmented Reality would be an awesome way to implement achievements and events especially during the summer days.

EDIT: actually the more I think about it, a game like Contest of Champions that rewarded you for your activity done in the real world could be engaging and exciting.

Rewards like 3-4 star Champions for things like getting good grades, eating your vegetables, being nice to your sister/mother (Mothers Day).

4. HURRR

HURRR Active Member

Nov 9, 2010
    New York
    Just sent request for Alliance, thanks!

Username:HURRR
    Level 28

5. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    #385 ramzarules, May 23, 2015
    Last edited: May 23, 2015
    Please disregard, meant to post in Future Fight :)

6. Mekklesack

Mekklesack Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    They need to apply iOS8 Metal to this and make it 64 bit. Go all out with the graphics!

7. Jshotwell

Jshotwell Member

Dec 16, 2014
    I finally hit the lottery in one of these games. My first draw was a 3 star Star-Lord and the next draw was a 4 star Magik.

8. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    #388 macatron, May 28, 2015
    Last edited: May 28, 2015
    Wow! Nice! Definitely jealous. :D

As for the crystal "lotto" system of this game, does using the spinning crystal annimation provide any better odds compared to just hitting the button to open a crystal? I usually just hit the button because I figured it would be the same outcome (just without all the theatrics). However, if waiting for the spinning crystal ups my chances, I'll definitely wait through the annimation. :D

9. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    Also, is it possible to make it very far with only two star champions? I'm just curious how important three and four star champions are in order to keep playing since they're so uncommon. Thanks! :D

10. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    Oh, and one more question. Does it make any sense to keep one star champions, or should I just sell them for resources? Sorry for all the questions, but I just started playing a few weeks ago. :)

11. Silvestris

Silvestris Well-Known Member

You need at least a couple of three-stars.

And skipping the animation for opening crystals doesn't change anything, what you get is predetermined.

12. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    Ok, that's not too bad then. I really do like the battle mechanics of this game over Injustice, and especially MKX (I've completely given up on that game).

Thanks for the clarification about skipping the animation too. That will definitely save some time. :D

13. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    Now THAT'S what I'm talking about! I got a 3 star Colossus from a free daily crystal! :D

As for my earlier question about 1 star champions. Are they needed for anything, or should I just sell them all for resources? Thanks!

Attached Files:

14. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Re: 1 star champs, I see people argue both ways, so I think it's kind of up to you. Personally I keep mine because you'll pull a TON of 1 star champs out of daily crystals and I like to unlock their duplicate abilities and get the ISO-8 from those dupes. Also you can use them in the 1v1 arena and winning battles there earns you crystals, which mostly just give you gold and Battle Points but occasionally give you champs too. Also that will slightly help you contribute towards Crystal events if you're in an Alliance.

Ultimately though, yeah, 1 star heroes are pretty worthless :)

15. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    Thanks for the detailed reply, Jared! :D As for unlocking duplicate abilities, are you referring to their 2nd specials, or referring to when you get a duplicate champion, and automatically get the resources? Sorry if it's a dumb question. :) I'm still learning how this game works. I came over from playing Injustice, so things are pretty different here. :D

16. Jshotwell

Jshotwell Member

Dec 16, 2014
    I must be really freggin lucky. I have two 4 star guys and two 3 star guys, and I have not paid a dime honestly. And im only level 19.
    Most lottery games I play like this though I get screwed for a month with junk and finally quit.

17. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Not a dumb question at all, this game is ridiculously complicated haha. No I don't mean their second special ability. You can unlock that by ranking them up, but don't even bother. 1 star characters are a waste of resources, and before long you'll have plenty of 2+ star characters to spend those resources on.

The duplicate ability is when you pull a character from a crystal that you already have, it unlocks (or as the game calls it "Awakens") an additional passive ability for that character. Actually it's not really an additional ability, as it's an enhancement of one of the passive abilities the character already has.

So for example, Wolverine has a slight change to regenerate health after taking damage during a fight. His Awakened ability greatly increases both the frequency of that happening and how much health it regenerates. If you continue to get duplicates of the same character, it just increases those stats, although it diminishes the more of them you duplicate. A Wolverine that's been Awakened more than 4 or 5 times is an absolute jerkface as often he'll be regenerating health quicker than you can dish out damage! Duplicating any character at least once to Awaken them is a total game changer and will instantly make that character better.

If you have any other questions just let me know. To be honest I'd been playing this game since it came out in December and only about a month or two ago did I actually figure out how everything works. I was just playing some story quests every day or two, not knowing what the hell was going on with all the different upgrade resources or the online Arenas or anything. Once I figured everything out though is when I got super sucked into this, for better or for worse :)

18. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    Thanks again, Jared! I actually managed to awaken my 2 star Ironman today! :D

Yeah, I'd have to agree that this game is super complex! :) Being that I was coming from playing Injustice, all the resource management kinda made my head spin. LOL! But, yeah, I've been hopelessly sucked in as well. If a spot ever opens up on your alliance, I'd definitely love to join. :D

Attached Files:

19. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    So how do you get Ant-Man?? I don't want to waste time on quests unless I'm going to get him.

20. rapaleeman

rapaleeman Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2013
    I'm curious about this as well. Spent the last several days doing stuff and other than just seeing that he is "available" in versus, it doesn't show him as a reward at all.

I"d be more willing to spend money in this game if it wasn't so convoluted and seemingly purposely out to screw the consumer. At least Future Fight is pretty up front. Ant-man is awesome FWIW. If you buy his package for 2500 crystals you can basically get an instant 4 star hero.