Universal MARVEL Contest of Champions - (by Kabam)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 6, 2014.

1. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Does this help to keep people from deleting it? Lol For a 2*, that's only 1 less catalyst needed than now....and it's earned by grinding the every day daily event (the one that never changes)

Attached Files:

2. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    I sliced my left thumb open pretty deep recently, so I wasn't able to play this game (or a few others). After two days of not playing I deleted it. Felt right.

3. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Well this is super handy. I was wondering about leveling up my 3* (though, I've just spent all my time leveling up 2* characters).

4. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Here is the reply I received from support when I reported that I'd played for weeks and paid real money $13 & $2.49 and still not received a 3'star champion.

Greetings Summoner,

Thank you for contacting us in regards to the current crystal drop rates. This is a common cause for concern; I completely understand how this might be frustrating as I am an avid player myself and have experienced almost identical results. I'll be happy to answer any questions you have and resolve this issue in the best way possible.

After reviewing your account, I've found the drop rates you are experiencing do fall in line with the parameters set up in the game, which means the game functioned correctly in the payout of any items received. I do apologize if you have been experiencing difficulty acquiring a particular item or Champion, however please keep in mind that because of the nature of probability, some players may win those items quickly, and for others it may take a bit more time and effort. Our system is also set up in such a way that players are not given an unfair advantage by "paying to win" so to speak. I sincerely apologize if these rates have caused you any inconvenience.

We are monitoring the current drop rates, and I can pass any feedback that you have directly to our game team for consideration. I also encourage you to post this suggestion in our Forums, which are monitored closely by our game team. The drop rates of rare Champions and items have been changed in the past due to player feedback and may be changed again, should the demand be high enough. You can find this forum here:

http://community.kabam.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?1249-Suggestions-and-Feedback

We appreciate your taking the time to reach out to us, and we thank you for playing Marvel: Contest of Champions!

Regards,

Aaron
    Marvel: Contest of Champions Support

5. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    #285 kenken11, Jan 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
    Isn't it good that this deter u from paying to win? Haha. Just spend more time in the arena and u will get a 3 stars soon. I started only 1 week ago and chanced on a free for all arena and got a 3 stars rhino from there. It's isn't difficult. I spend 0 dollars.

And I deleted this yesterday as this get repetitive very fast. I am more into collecting loots rpg gamers so this bored me. Same fighting pattern again n again.

6. tahzblade

tahzblade Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2012
    #286 tahzblade, Jan 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
    Haven't played this in 2 or 3 weeks. Thinking of deleting it because of reasons already mentioned here on TA (repetitive, predictable, characters to similar, to grindy, multiplayer is not real time, low chance of getting heroes of 3 star and over...)

7. Ghosthack

Ghosthack Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Creative Strategist
    Singapore
    I guess i must be one of the lucky ones.
    After playing for about a month my A team is:
    4 star colossus (mutant)
    3 star winter (skill)
    3 star juggernaut (mystic)
    3 star abomination (science)

What i have observed is that it actually has no bearing on the game whatever character you have. The differences are:
    The class which gives you the advantage over another class
    and the combo pattern that you execute changes from body type

Otherwise the combat is very similar and straightforward if you can get your timing right in response to what the AI does. That said i find out of most of the fighting games on mobile OS these controls are one of the better ones. It'd be interesting if they had more variation in combos and made it a bit harder to execute the lvl3 special.

On that Lvl3 special, I've also noticed that its unblockable. When i activate it, it goes into the cinematic mode and seems like it didn't matter if the AI was blocking.

This is going to suck ass if i finish the quests and i won't be able to earn the currency anymore. Thats pretty much the only thing keeping me playing as I have a chance to earn 3 or 4 star champions when i grab 100 of those chips.

8. MistaBoz

MistaBoz Active Member

Mar 8, 2013
    I also have seven 3 star characters and actually won a 3 star Punisher. If people stop playing that actually makes odds better in arena- lol! Plus ALL video games are repetitive so if people want to complain let them.

9. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    How did you get seven 3 star characters? I've played regularly for weeks and haven't got one yet. I can't believe you won them all so how much did you pay for them?

10. Ghosthack

Ghosthack Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Creative Strategist
    Singapore
    I've been getting them through the daily crystal. Just got lucky i guess.
    One thing i am wondering is if you get better chances if you do the spin as opposed to open all.

I noticed in the quest crystals there are currency chips but i never get them.

11. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    Wow with everything said, I just amazingly got a 3* Punisher Lol Now I have a 3* team to finally try a 4* event instead of getting stuck in the lower tourney and never winning the hero. Pleasantly surprised to say the least! And with 2500 battle chips, there's a tourney that gives out 2* hero crystals....I've at least now got a few teams for tourneys and 1v1 so I can grab more crap from the crystals

12. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Yeah... I redownloaded and bought into that tournament right away. I got 3 2-star crystals in about 15 minutes, which gave me two new heroes and a duplicate which let me raise up Gamora to rank 3. And my daily was a 3 star hero, so now I've got enough to get into the bigger tournaments.

Gotta say... with the right luck and taking the time to work on things, you can get places.

13. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    Someone mentioned better odds by not doing tourneys, and that's along the right track. It's just a matter of time before everyone finally gets a few worthwhile characters. This new tourney definitely helps build rosters too. I've been leveling 2*s to rank 3 to open the 3rd move and that's helped a lot.

14. quangvietnguyen

quangvietnguyen Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Got my third 3-star champion yesterday, iron man who is kind of weak compared to other 3-star. I've been opening crystals for months and still no captain america.Now i'm dying to have one.Some champions seem to be rarer than others, hope they'll adjust the drop rate

15. xiel

xiel Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2012
    #295 xiel, Jan 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
    To those who versus:

for the last versus event (5x crystals): I got 160k+ and got rank 186

For last weeks versus 2 stars: 860k for rank 300+

For 3-4 stars: 550k for rank 768 (only top 500 gets anything)

opened 5 crystals: got a 3 star storm and rest are 2 star dupes.

16. xxteargodxx

xxteargodxx Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Male
    NJ
    Is there a way to check our rank for the current tourney we are playing in versus mode?

17. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    It seems to be the mystery of the Battlerealm #

18. demod1

demod1 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Has anyone had issues with the latest update? I'm afraid to do it to be honest because I've had some bad experiences with other games, like losing data.

19. xiel

xiel Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2012
    The update has been better for me, it fixed some glaring bugs. You know that bug where if you play versus sometimes, you click continue to play game and it just keeps loading indefinitely? They fixed that.

20. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    Same here, no issues with the update, and haven't noticed any crashes yet (although for the most part, I hadn't seen any of this since the launch week).